Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

DJExile posted:

This is an awesome story from over in the journalism thread. Golf Digest single-handedly overturned a murder conviction of an inmate who'd been in for 27 years, only finding out about him because of the golf course landscapes he drew in prison. Guy's never swung a club in his life.

Oh man, 2011 is when they started looking into his conviction. 6 years to find him innocent. What a waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Hey guys I don’t want to get to excited but, Tiger is tied for the lead after the first round!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mattfl posted:

Hey guys I don’t want to get to excited but, Tiger is tied for the lead after the first round!

He's playing so well right now. Hit 10/14 fairways and 14/18 greens and his bogey was a three jack (lip out par putt) on the first hole of the day. The wand is starting to look a bit magical too. East Lake's greens are playing super fast which is something Tiger likes.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Finally, a 59 on the Euro Tour

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn_P83YHwk4/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1uyd0dwx8hban

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Tiger looks real good despite missing a fuckton of fairways. It would be really cool to see him win this tournament even if he doesn't end up winning the FedEx Cup. Not like he needs the 10 mil anyway.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Suprfli6 posted:

Tiger looks real good despite missing a fuckton of fairways. It would be really cool to see him win this tournament even if he doesn't end up winning the FedEx Cup. Not like he needs the 10 mil anyway.

I dunno, him winning the FedEx Cup for the third time when no one else has won it twice would be pretty cool too.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Especially if he then loses the prize money to Phil after Thanksgiving

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Daric posted:

I can't see Tiger losing that match, he's been so much more consistent than Phil the last 6 months. Phil has missed 3 of 4 cuts in majors this year, with one top 10 in the last six months.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Daric posted:

He already gave $100m+ to Elin, I don't think he's worried about $10m.

His fake internet net worth is $760m.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Best round I've ever players today. Up and down recently and struggled with consistency but I feel pretty good with the round, putting well really make such a difference. Still 5 1 pointers so a bit left on the table there.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Tiger Woods

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

A Tiger Rory final group tomorrow would be amazing

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
https://youtu.be/PzsdzNsKjBQ

It’d be time for the greatest Nike commercial ever made

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wow.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
5 under after 6. Wow.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
6 out of 7. Ridiculous.

I don't think I've ever seen him do this.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*

Suprfli6 posted:

A Tiger Rory final group tomorrow would be amazing

:fap: :gizz:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

First time I’m not in Atlanta to show to the Tour Championship and Tiger and Rory are Sunday’s final pairing :negative:

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 22, 2018

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Halo14 posted:

4 of those 5 faults I had. It took over a year of semi regular lessons to correct them and I am a lot more consistent now and have a solid understanding of my swing.

I almost gave up completely during this process because everything he was teaching me made no sense. I totally understand your frustration and feeling of hopelessness. Thing is - it's very difficult to change muscle memory and bad habits in a golf swing. You need to decide if you want to go through the tough process building a foundation from scratch or just be content in what you have. Essentially the total cost in dollars for all of my lessons would be equivalent to a new set of clubs. I know now that I made the smarter investment.

107 today, after hitting the range literally every day. The only positive is that I only pulled one ball left. My confidence is now completely shot.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

First time I’m not in Atlanta to show to the Tour Championship and Tiger and Rory are Sunday’s final pairing :negative:

My erection can only get so hard, I can’t loving wait.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

daslog posted:

107 today, after hitting the range literally every day. The only positive is that I only pulled one ball left. My confidence is now completely shot.

Man take a break. Seriously. Go do something else for a couple of weeks and then get back to it. You’re not going pro anytime soon so all you’re doing is messing with your own head.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

daslog posted:

There are some youtube videos that may help. Not swing help, but planning help. How to break 100, how to break 90, etc... Your frame of mind now is on the mechanics of every part of your swing, and that's a lovely place to be on the course, vice the range.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Daric posted:

Man take a break. Seriously. Go do something else for a couple of weeks and then get back to it. You’re not going pro anytime soon so all you’re doing is messing with your own head.

either that or go get a lesson tbh

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Drew Nesbitt just shot the first ever 59 on the Latinoamerica tour, and he shot a 79 the previous day. There’s ups and downs for everyone at all skill levels, it happens.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

I have a buddy who is a 2-3 handicap and he was shooting high 80s/low 90s consistently for a while earlier this summer, including our men's league tournament.

One night we went out after work with some beers and didn't keep score, just screwed around, bullshitted a ton in between shots and had a great time. Surprise, he was flushing everything and played great and now everything is back to normal. If you get too mechanical, have too many swing thoughts, or start thinking about your score too much, it's usually not good.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

ironlung posted:

I have a buddy who is a 2-3 handicap and he was shooting high 80s/low 90s consistently for a while earlier this summer, including our men's league tournament.

One night we went out after work with some beers and didn't keep score, just screwed around, bullshitted a ton in between shots and had a great time. Surprise, he was flushing everything and played great and now everything is back to normal. If you get too mechanical, have too many swing thoughts, or start thinking about your score too much, it's usually not good.

The Yip-whisperer.....

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Man what you’re gonna want to do is put all your change in your left pocket. Then double knot your left shoe. After that, turn your hat around backwards and then tuck a tee on top of your left ear.

You should be good at that point.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The golf swing is pretty unique in sports (but I guess similiar to baseball swing) in that the harder you try, the worse the results.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Commone tiger you can do this

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

There’s no drama, Tiger running away with it. Tempted to switch to football :(

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
5 strokes, 7 holes. Tiger gonna do this.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

There’s no drama, Tiger running away with it. Tempted to switch to football :(

Just like old times baby.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If Justin Rose finishes 5th or worse, Tiger wins the FedEx Cup and $10 million

:getin:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I was about to post the same thing. Tiger has a good chance especially if Rose keeps shanking them.

E: and if he does win the fedex cup (lol) that would be really an amazing cap to a year of almosts.

Next April gonna be crazy in Augusta.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 23, 2018

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Too bad Rory farted all over himself today. Years and years of people dreaming about this matchup and blaarrgh.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Justin Rose has to finish par or better in the last 3 holes to win the FedEx Cup

He just shanked his tee shot on the 16th

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Rose shanks another.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

They are going to loving give Woods the Cup lol

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
it’s happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

I was about to post the same thing. Tiger has a good chance especially if Rose keeps shanking them.

E: and if he does win the fedex cup (lol) that would be really an amazing cap to a year of almosts.

Next April gonna be crazy in Augusta.

Rose just put another one off the planet left.