Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hacker? where did you get that from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hacker? where did you get that from?

....I meant gamer. :doh:

Pro-tip watching Ex-Aid while recovering from having your wisdom teeth out makes it even more strange and exciting.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ticket what are you doing in the end credits of the Zyuohger movie, the ToQgers weren't even in this.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ticket what are you doing in the end credits of the Zyuohger movie, the ToQgers weren't even in this.

There were references to all 40 Super Sentai shows in the movie. Even if it's just a prop being reused like the Gingaman vest being on a poster for the circus.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

Twelve by Pies posted:

Sha-fu is in the crowd dancing. (Doggie Kruger is supposedly in this movie too, but I can't find him.)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Just finished up with episode 12 of GoGoV and so far it's really drat good

Also anyone know when would be a good point to watch the Vs movie with Gingaman, I know the standalone movie should be watched after episode 18, but not sure when Vs Gingaman would fit best

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/appliarise/status/861090616335228929

When Ex-Aid and Yu-Gi-Oh have direct parallels

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That might be a Japanese Thing.

I feel like it could be but I'm not quite sure

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Just finished up with episode 12 of GoGoV and so far it's really drat good

Also anyone know when would be a good point to watch the Vs movie with Gingaman, I know the standalone movie should be watched after episode 18, but not sure when Vs Gingaman would fit best

The VS movie can be watched any time after episode 31.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm catching up on Amazons, that was an odd direction to take Mizuki's character since there hadn't really been any indication she'd go that route. Though granted, it has been five years since the end of the first series, so a lot could have happened, but it still feels out of nowhere.

I like it a lot, it's really good, I guess the only real complaint I have about it is that I don't really care about any of the new characters and are far more interested in the old ones. Fukuda is really cool and I want to see what they do with him, and I'm eager to see when/if Jin and Mamoru are going to show up.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm catching up on Amazons, that was an odd direction to take Mizuki's character since there hadn't really been any indication she'd go that route. Though granted, it has been five years since the end of the first series, so a lot could have happened, but it still feels out of nowhere.

I like it a lot, it's really good, I guess the only real complaint I have about it is that I don't really care about any of the new characters and are far more interested in the old ones. Fukuda is really cool and I want to see what they do with him, and I'm eager to see when/if Jin and Mamoru are going to show up.

Still no sign of Jin, but oh boy do we learn what's up with Mole boy.

Amazons remains amazing and I just get a kick out of how kind of weedy and pathetic the new main character is. He's having so much more trouble fighting rando Amazons than Haruka ever did

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Burkion posted:

Still no sign of Jin, but oh boy do we learn what's up with Mole boy.

Amazons remains amazing and I just get a kick out of how kind of weedy and pathetic the new main character is. He's having so much more trouble fighting rando Amazons than Haruka ever did

I mean, Haruka had problems but uh.. wow, Chiharu. You're barely keeping above the Specter or Hopper Brothers tier of Rider Fail. Combined with his (I haven't seen this week's episode yet) attempts to get through to Iyu through stock logic ending in nothing or him just stomping on her triggers.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Like with Haruka, his whole problem was that he had no skill, no experience. He was raw power and fury.

Jin had the power and the skill, and as shown at the end of the first season when properly pissed off, it took ALL of the main characters to break even with him in a fight, and he STILL killed some of the 'good' Amazons. Might be why he's blind now

Chiharu is just this comedy of errors that I'm pretty sure wouldn't be able to tie his shoes without setting something on fire.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

It's Chihiro :ssh:

Chiharu is that chick from Kamen Rider The Next

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ignis posted:

It's Chihiro :ssh:

Chiharu is that chick from Kamen Rider The Next

You know what

He deserves to be a Chiharu

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Burkion posted:

You know what

He deserves to be a Chiharu

I don't think anyone deserves to have to listen to Platinum Smile. And I'm not talking because of the "curse".

(I am so glad Amazons is turning out better than its predecessors in low-camp Rider attempts, Shin and the First/Next.)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Shin is just

Just so BORING. The idea was great but they just did it in the worst way. It looks great when something does happen but it's so goddamn boring. It's a slog to wade through.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Burkion posted:

Shin is just

Just so BORING. The idea was great but they just did it in the worst way. It looks great when something does happen but it's so goddamn boring. It's a slog to wade through.

It makes good riffing material with a group though. Man, the ridiculous speech about how grasshoppers are telepathic soldiers who will defeat God and restore their nation makes it worthwhile on its own. :P

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

gourdcaptain posted:

It makes good riffing material with a group though. Man, the ridiculous speech about how grasshoppers are telepathic soldiers who will defeat God and restore their nation makes it worthwhile on its own. :P

What?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh God have you not seen Shin

You need to fix that

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
are there real subs of shin somewhere? i've been wanting to see it too.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I could answer that but it'd start a giant sub derail again and let's not do that

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

I could answer that but it'd start a giant sub derail again and let's not do that

To put it another way, has anyone besides TVN subbed it?

While Shin might be the weakest (or at least, the strangest) of the movie Riders (though ZX comes close seeing as half of his special was basically a clip show) I do sort of like the design and wish they'd do more with him aside from just showing up occasionally (as far as I know he hasn't even gotten so much as a line of dialogue since his movie).

I like to think Kamen Rider Gills from Agito was at least partially inspired by him and it might be interesting to see them take another crack at making an "organic" Kamen Rider again some day (that is, one who can transform without the aid of a belt or some other kind of device).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 8, 2017

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Burkion posted:

It's hilarious we have to dance around one persons's predilections to this degree.

He needs to either shape up or get the gently caress out.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm glad the hero has returned in this week's Ex-Aid.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm glad the hero has returned in this week's Ex-Aid.

Taddle Fantasy is the Kamen Rider we need.

It was kind of fun that Hiiro and Taiga have to share, but now that it's old can we get one more sub-powerup to go on so the power levels aren't constantly 99, 50, and 3?

Or, failing that, can we have a bunch more Taddle Fantasy now because it's way cooler than Bang Bang Simulation and Taiga just got to be 50 for like a month straight.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Caphi posted:

Taddle Fantasy is the Kamen Rider we need.

It was kind of fun that Hiiro and Taiga have to share, but now that it's old can we get one more sub-powerup to go on so the power levels aren't constantly 99, 50, and 3?

Or, failing that, can we have a bunch more Taddle Fantasy now because it's way cooler than Bang Bang Simulation and Taiga just got to be 50 for like a month straight.

5x4. They tend to fall back on Monster Hunter Full Suit as the final persons power up and it could make 4 people level 5 so...

But yeah no Taiga and Hiiro need to get their own upgrades (Like the movie Bravo Lv 99 suit is right there!)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hiiro is getting a Level 100 form with Taddle Legacy later in the series. Taiga won't get anything over level 50 though, unless we get a Snipe Returns special (which is very likely considering even Makoto and Alain got a new form after their series, and Ghost was awful with them...and with everything.

I kind of like Hiiro being constantly weak as poo poo though, even Nico has better stats than he does. Makes his current grasp of how to actually strategize look more genuine.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Shin is amazing. It also has a psychic half-human half-grasshopper fetus chucking people around the room at a couple days after conception, and the most unfitting soundtrack possible. I have brought it and Mechanical Violator Hakaider out to show friends entirely too many times as my favorite gloriously bad early 90's toku trash.

gourdcaptain fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 8, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I just want Ex-Aid to use Juju Burger again

Also it's kinda weird that they've left the Lazer suit unused for so long, surprised that another character hasn't taken up the mantle(having his Level 2 form be a bike was probably a terrible idea on their part)

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Larryb posted:

While Shin might be the weakest (or at least, the strangest) of the movie Riders (though ZX comes close seeing as half of his special was basically a clip show) I do sort of like the design and wish they'd do more with him aside from just showing up occasionally (as far as I know he hasn't even gotten so much as a line of dialogue since his movie).

I like to think Kamen Rider Gills from Agito was at least partially inspired by him and it might be interesting to see them take another crack at making an "organic" Kamen Rider again some day (that is, one who can transform without the aid of a belt or some other kind of device).

ZX is just kinda boring for me apart from the glorious insanity of the space-warp device the villains have and that I swear Hiroshi Miyauchi just decided to show up and play Kaiketsu Zubat instead of Shiro Kazami, down to the outfit and style of acting. And considering Kaiketsu Zubat is amazing (seriously, it's one of my favorite Showa toku shows) I loved the heck out of this.

Amazons is basically a Shin successor only coherent and good, although it does have (honestly unnecessary and kinda moodbreaking especially with the Season 1 version) belts on the Riders.

drrockso20 posted:

I just want Ex-Aid to use Juju Burger again

Also it's kinda weird that they've left the Lazer suit unused for so long, surprised that another character hasn't taken up the mantle

Eh, I kinda like the way Laser's been left unused - it kinda emphasizes that Kiriya's dead. It's like how I love in Kaiketsu Zubat that Hayakawa Ken is a ridiculous master of all possible skills... except the science he'd need to perfect his suit which died with Asuka at the beginning of the series.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

gourdcaptain posted:

ZX is just kinda boring for me apart from the glorious insanity of the space-warp device the villains have and that I swear Hiroshi Miyauchi just decided to show up and play Kaiketsu Zubat instead of Shiro Kazami, down to the outfit and style of acting. And considering Kaiketsu Zubat is amazing (seriously, it's one of my favorite Showa toku shows) I loved the heck out of this.

Amazons is basically a Shin successor only coherent and good, although it does have (honestly unnecessary and kinda moodbreaking especially with the Season 1 version) belts on the Riders.

Eh, I kinda like the way Laser's been left unused - it kinda emphasizes that Kiriya's dead. It's like how I love in Kaiketsu Zubat that Hayakawa Ken is a ridiculous master of all possible skills... except the science he'd need to perfect his suit which died with Asuka at the beginning of the series.

Yeah I can see that, and as far as I can tell the bodies of most Riders actually physically change when they transform rather than just being a protective armor that enhances their power like in the case of Sentai (for example: W isn't a suit, it's basically Shotaro and Phillip's Dopant form).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hiiro is getting a Level 100 form with Taddle Legacy later in the series. Taiga won't get anything over level 50 though, unless we get a Snipe Returns special (which is very likely considering even Makoto and Alain got a new form after their series, and Ghost was awful with them...and with everything.

I kind of like Hiiro being constantly weak as poo poo though, even Nico has better stats than he does. Makes his current grasp of how to actually strategize look more genuine.

I'm glad they're not going to let that design go to waste!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kamen rider kancolle is boring as gently caress

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Craptacular! posted:

It's hilarious we have to dance around one persons's predilections to this degree.

He needs to either shape up or get the gently caress out.

I agree jivjov should be put to the sword

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

As I watch more Agito (on ep 13 now) I have to say that I really appreciate how much more relevant the ladies in this show are to the plot as compared to Kuuga (and Ex-Aid). Don't get me wrong, I love the ladies in those shows but here Mana is directly involved with the Plot(TM) with her psychic powers, and Ozawa literally created the G3 system and has been taking a key role in making sure its user isn't an idiot. (Talking to YOU, Houjou!)

I know it's kind of bone-headed of me to expect good female characters out of a toku show, but as I'm taking what I can get - I really, really appreciate these two characters and hope they continue to shine on as the series progresses. :3:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I agree jivjov should be put to the sword Rider Kick

Fixed that for you.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
Ex-Aid continues to be amazing, and fun. Especially now that Dan is back!

Did they ever say what level Rider Poppy is?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nico getting in on the action was pretty nice too, it's nice to see some competent female Riders that last for more than a minute again. Hopefully they don't die and/or lose their powers by the time the series is over.

The only other ones I can think of so far that lived through their respective series with their powers intact were Kamen Rider Kivala (though that was only for a movie and we never saw the suit or Natsumi ever again after that) and the female Mage from Wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Tragedienne posted:

Ex-Aid continues to be amazing, and fun. Especially now that Dan is back!

Did they ever say what level Rider Poppy is?

Level X. Or 10. Given Dan's stunt with that, that's not exactly a clear thing. Statistically, according to the toyline (not that that means much), it's about on par with the upgraded Dangerous Zombie.

• Locked thread