Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I love how Dr Strange gets ridiculously buff but his entire plan is to wear a suicide suit so if Batman hits him he'll die. The goal of the plan is for Batman to willingly retire so Dr Strange can become Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Oh there's a lot of precedent for that.

From Batman and the Monster Men #1

From Legends of the Dark Knight #11

Strange later goes out onto his ledge in the Batman suit and almost falls to his death. He also keeps a mannequin in lingerie wearing a Batman mask in his apartment and talks to it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
the hugo strange butt made the monster men crossover worth it IMO

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Looking at my iPad screenshots, I forgot to post this from the last Dethstroke last week. Very sorry,

I've fallen behind on Deathstroke but that black title bar makes it very clear that it's a Priest written comic and I love it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

purple death ray posted:

Oh there's a lot of precedent for that.

From Batman and the Monster Men #1

From Legends of the Dark Knight #11

Strange later goes out onto his ledge in the Batman suit and almost falls to his death. He also keeps a mannequin in lingerie wearing a Batman mask in his apartment and talks to it.

Strange is a good villain.

purple death ray posted:

Pretty funny cover. Hopefully Jason kills Black Mask at least.

Probably not. If they are going to have Jason be more heroic and hang in Gotham I doubt they will have him murder Batman's rogues.

Also Black Mask is a decently popular villain with a cool look. (Why the artists decided to get rid of his cool look is a mystery to me.) As other writers will no doubt want to use him in the future I doubt he will die here.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 18, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

MonsterEnvy posted:

:agreed:

MonsterEnvy posted:

Probably not. If they are going to have Jason be more heroic and hang in Gotham I doubt they will have him murder Batman's rogues.

Also Black Mask is a decently popular villain with a cool look. (Why the artists decided to get rid of his cool look is a mystery to me.) As other writers will no doubt want to use him in the future I doubt he will die here.

Yeah they can kill off Gimp Face Black Mask and bring back Actual Skull Head Black Mask.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
It's nice actually being able to read solicits and look forward to all of the new arcs without clenching my rear end in a top hat the entire time worried that they're going to gently caress up one of the few books I like.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It would be great if in ten years or so when they redo Hugo Strange tries to replace Batman, Batman laughs his rear end off, says gently caress it and lets Strange be Batman for a day before getting horifically maimed by Killer Croc or someone.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
The real news is that Batwoman is teaming up with Mother Panic in January!

quote:

Mother Panic is hot on the trail of the murderous artist Gala! Only one person stands in her way...Batwoman?! Is there a place for Violet among the heroes of Gotham City, or will her quest for vengeance take her down a darker path? This issue also features an original “Gotham Radio” back-up feature by Jim Krueger (JUSTICE) and Phil Hester (Green Arrow)!

Alucard Nacirema fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 18, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ooh. Missed that.

I knew the Young Animal comics were in continuity, but seeing it in practice is funny.
I hope it goes the other way and Shade Girl pops up in Orlando's JLA, or something.

edit:
https://twitter.com/DocShaner/status/788157460284530688
I don't care if Brett Booth needs to take over Future Quest. Get Doc on a Superman comic immediately!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Oct 18, 2016

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

MonsterEnvy posted:

Seriously read Batman: Prey for an awesome Hugo Strange story. I am directing this message at everyone here who has never read Prey.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Madkal posted:

Seriously read Batman: Prey for an awesome Hugo Strange story. I am directing this message at everyone here who has never read Prey.

Yeah I should clarify, the panels I posted from Legends of the Dark Knight #11, that's from this story. Read it, yall.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I have zero interest in mother panic.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Madkal posted:

I've wanted to pick it up. Wasn't it recently recollected, or is there just the older trade?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

catlord posted:

I've wanted to pick it up. Wasn't it recently recollected, or is there just the older trade?

Dunno about recent collection but according to Amazon there was a trade released around 2012.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

I have zero interest in mother panic.

The art in the preview is great and there's the possibility of Batman characters swearing in it. If you're not buying every issue with the prospect of that, I don't know if your life priorities are in order.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 18, 2016

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

quote:

CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE #4
Written by JON RIVERA
Art and cover by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
Backup story and art by THOMAS SCIOLI
Variant cover by ANDREW MACLEAN
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
Cave and his team find the underground city of Muldroog, and it’s not what he expected. Plus, Cave has visions of his deceased wife, but are they hallucinations, or is there more to this than meets the cybernetic eye? Also features a Super Powers backup feature by Thomas Scioli (G.I. Joe vs. Transformers)!
On sale JANUARY 18 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

Read More: DC and Vertigo Solicitations for January 2017 | http://comicsalliance.com/dc-and-vertigo-comic-book-releases-for-january-2017-solicitations/?trackback=tsmclip

Welp, guess I'm buying Cave Carson now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

The art in the preview is great and there's the possibility of Batman characters swearing in it. If you're not buying every issue with the prospect of that, I don't know if your life priorities are in order.

I have no interest in buy that comic.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Esroc posted:

Continuity has never been DC's priority to begin with

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Esroc posted:

Fair enough. Continuity has never been DC's priority to begin with, so I'd probably just burn myself out again trying to make it all orderly.

Yeah it's not like CoIE, Zero Hour, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, Flashpoint, the N52 in general, or Rebirth were all done primarily to reset or reform DC's own convoluted continuity.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If anything DC has always been far too preoccupied with continuity to the point of being detrimental.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you don't find 70 years of convolution fun and fascinating, yr at the wrong company.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Teenage Fansub posted:

If you don't find 70 years of convolution fun and fascinating, yr at the wrong company.

If you don't like convoluted continuity the Legion and Hawkman are the titles for you!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

bobkatt013 posted:

If you don't like convoluted continuity the Legion and Hawkman are the titles for you!
You guys

Guys.

Guys

You guyssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

*looks around, fighting off uproarious laughter*

READ AVENGERS 200

:roflolmao:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
If you assume he means"well-managed continuity that makes sense at all" then yeah, DC don't care about it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HitTheTargets posted:

If you assume he means"well-managed continuity that makes sense at all" then yeah, DC don't care about it.

They care about it, they're just not good at it. At all.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh my god can they please bring back the Legion? I've really enjoyed what DC has done to it ever since they popped up in Justice League/Action Comics a few years ago.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

You guys

Guys.

Guys

You guyssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

*looks around, fighting off uproarious laughter*

READ AVENGERS 200

:roflolmao:

I know you're kidding saying that's a dead horse of a joke but the very idea that an entire team of people signed off on the idea never stops being funny for me.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

pubic works project posted:

Oh my god can they please bring back the Legion? I've really enjoyed what DC has done to it ever since they popped up in Justice League/Action Comics a few years ago.

The DC Universe Rebirth issue mentioned the Legion, so hopefully they don't drop that plot thread, for your sake at least.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Isn't there an announced upcoming Legion book?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is there a Legion of Superheroes run I really need to read? I've never read any of their comics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Isn't there an announced upcoming Legion book?

It was supposed to be officially announced at NYCC but they said nuthin.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jonathan Hickman's waving a Legion script in front of Dan Didio making demands like he's holding a bank full of hostages.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Jonathan Hickman's waving a Legion script in front of Dan Didio making demands like he's holding a bank full of hostages.

why would we have the hottest writer who wants to write for us revitalize a franchise?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

He blew that tweet off as a joke. He's still got work left on his Marvel contract and is supposedly involved in the X-Men relaunch.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Mr Hootington posted:

why would we have the hottest writer who wants to write for us revitalize a franchise?

let's give it
to lobdell

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Because it's Legion and no one wants to read Legion, even (or, if you're Lurdiak, especially) if it's written by Hickman.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

He blew that tweet off as a joke.

Of course. It's still a fun thing to perpetuate.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

graybook posted:

let's give it
to lobdell

:toughguy:
He has his corner to poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I don't want Hickman to land LSH, because I don't want to under any circumstances have to read the insanely convoluted backstory of the Legion (which would ABSOLUTELY be necessary if Hickman got ahold of that book).