Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Thin Privilege posted:

Whether this is true or not I don’t know but the skinny anime face is all makeup, his face IRL is very square.

Gakt is literally a character in final fantasy 7: crisis core.

As in, the villain is both modelled on and voiced by Gakt. Because the character designer really likes Gakt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Don Gato posted:

Gakt is literally a character in final fantasy 7: crisis core.

As in, the villain is both modelled on and voiced by Gakt. Because the character designer really likes Gakt.

I am well aware of this. They took liberty to make him look anime.

IRL:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
This thread's title seems a couple months too late.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
Here's a dumb tattoo on some idiot cowgirl's shoulder that I know.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

It was actually the 69 and not the weed leaf that made me realize it's supposed to be a 420.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
Nice.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
The 4 looks like he's setting up a marijuana shaped beach umbrella for some penguins

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

sweeperbravo posted:

The 4 looks like he's setting up a marijuana shaped beach umbrella for some penguins

:3: now that would be a good tattoo

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
Not to continue the animals nuts derail but ya, I don't really know, it was 10 years ago and all I really remember was that I couldn't adopt and take my cats (brother and sister) home for a while because the were found in a bag in a dumpster by a construction worker just before they would have gotten crushed. They were pretty messed up and needed a lot of care. I know they don't de-claw anymore cause it's horrible for the animal, I thought maybe lopping off nuts was a thing that didn't happen as well, cause "ethics" or something. My bad.

Here have a slightly :nms: tattoo? Sort of real looking bullet wounds tattoo.

https://i.imgur.com/9hWYl8L.jpg

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

This is it, the least intimidating knuckle tattoo possible.

Plac Enta

Dear Prudence has a new favorite as of 08:22 on May 3, 2018

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Knee posted:

Not to continue the animals nuts derail but ya, I don't really know, it was 10 years ago and all I really remember was that I couldn't adopt and take my cats (brother and sister) home for a while because the were found in a bag in a dumpster by a construction worker just before they would have gotten crushed. They were pretty messed up and needed a lot of care. I know they don't de-claw anymore cause it's horrible for the animal, I thought maybe lopping off nuts was a thing that didn't happen as well, cause "ethics" or something. My bad.

Here have a slightly :nms: tattoo? Sort of real looking bullet wounds tattoo.

https://i.imgur.com/9hWYl8L.jpg

That dude has picked every one of his tattoos of off the walls of shops.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Field Mousepad posted:

Someone's got to, why else would they have them there?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Field Mousepad posted:

This is fine if you go to shops full of dope art on the walls

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
He did not go to one of those shops.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Non, rien de rien
Non, je me regertte rien

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

The first view reads "PLac.entó"

DeadMansSuspenders has a new favorite as of 22:22 on May 3, 2018

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

whypick1 posted:

This thread's title seems a couple months too late.

I tend to let unread posts pile up in this thread and then inject all those awful, awful tattoos straight into my eyeveins :getin:

Sometimes it means I'm super amused by a comment way after the fact.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It's nerdy but I wouldn't call this a bad tattoo by any means.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't want a toddlers first attempt at tattooing on my shoulder like that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lechtansi posted:

I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't want a toddlers first attempt at tattooing on my shoulder like that.

It's based on the schematic drawing from the movie which looks exactly like that.

Still not great but it's accurate to the source at least

Edit:

Best I could find with as much google as I'm willing to put into it that wasn't some other reproduction for sale on Etsy or whatever.

History Comes Inside! has a new favorite as of 21:59 on May 4, 2018

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Based off of source material exactly, fine, but people are still going to ask that person every single time. “Sooo...who did that?”

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS has a new favorite as of 22:06 on May 4, 2018

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Based off of source material exactly, fine, but people are still going to ask that person every single time. “Sooo...who did that?”

And then they can show them that picture from the movie and they'll get it. I didn't even remember that specific scene from the movie before GISing it, but I got pretty much immediately what it's supposed to be and why it looks that way. It clearly looks like a purposely sketchy schematic, not a badly done tattoo job.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It's also upside down compared to every other rendition of the flux capacitor so people who don't immediately recognise it as that specific reference are also gonna think it's both lovely and the wrong way up.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rotten Red Rod posted:

And then they can show them that picture from the movie and they'll get it.

In fact, they could get a tattoo of that picture on their back, so that they always have it handy to explain.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

So the worst you can say about it is that it's an obscure reference. I still don't think it's a bad or tasteless tattoo.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

So the worst you can say about it is that it's an obscure reference. I still don't think it's a bad or tasteless tattoo.

The worst is that it’s poor source material. obscure? Please. Any tattoo you have to explain why the lines are crap “no, it’s supposed to look that way!” Is a bad tattoo.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I wonder if anyone has a tattoo of the leprechaun sketch.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I totally got the reference and I still wouldn't want toddlers first tattoo on my shoulder.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Don’t defend your own tattoos.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The BEST thing you can say about this awful rendering is that it's a replication of something. It's absolutely terrible though. A lovely idea artlessly and horrendously produced. Tattoos are primarily supposed to look nice, it's a visual art form.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Reminded me of this similar piece by a decent artist. I wouldn't even put it on instagram.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
Eugh I hate when bad tattoos happen to good characters

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Any tattoo you have to explain why the lines are crap “no, it’s supposed to look that way!” Is a bad tattoo.

I can't slam :yeah: more.

I called someone out on stealing a tattoo from a pretty well known artist and said something along the lines of "look at those wonky as gently caress lines, I'd be embarrassed to have that on my body and to have tattooed that on someone else" and the person said, almost verbatim, "I requested the lines to be that wonky!"

Like, drat, you're gaslighting yourself into believing you really want that stolen piece of trash on your body :psyduck:

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Every sketch of the flux compressor online has the top line of the formula on the left as 4x4w.

Not 9x4a.

It's a bad tattoo tattooed badly.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Thin Privilege posted:

Whether this is true or not I don’t know but the skinny anime face is all makeup, his face IRL is very square.

up until 2009 he had not revealed his birth date and it was listed in marketing materials as "1540" bc he claimed to be a literal centuries-old vampire

i'm almost sad he let that conceit go, it really fits the whole 90's "Tom Cruise as Lestat" aesthetic he had going on

also while the music is real poo poo-level europop-y/goth mix stuff, I'll be hosed if the hook from this doesn't get stuck in my head at least once a year (the hook it takes an entire 2 MINUTES to get to jfc). check that 1997 japanese video editing lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0pn0M1VIYI

oh yeah, and the pretty lady in the big dress is a dude

StrangersInTheNight has a new favorite as of 10:31 on May 6, 2018

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

StrangersInTheNight posted:

up until 2009 he had not revealed his birth date and it was listed in marketing materials as "1540" bc he claimed to be a literal centuries-old vampire

i'm almost sad he let that conceit go, it really fits the whole 90's "Tom Cruise as Lestat" aesthetic he had going on

also while the music is real poo poo-level europop-y/goth mix stuff, I'll be hosed if the hook from this doesn't get stuck in my head at least once a year (the hook it takes an entire 2 MINUTES to get to jfc). check that 1997 japanese video editing lol

Mana had his whole own thing going on (didn't speak directly to people, only by whispering to other band members) and has his own Gothic Lolita clothing line.

Malice Mizer owns if you accept it as a theatrical performance versus a band. All of their videos, stage performances, etc. were massive productions.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Holy moly I haven't thought about Mana since I was like 12/13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I personally love Bel Air cause they got like 3 guitars playing at once and it’s pretty complex. Good song too. There’s like 3 songs I legit like by them but I can’t remember the names right now. They’re all from Gackt era not the new guy, Klaha, they got when Gackt left. Klaha era was bad.

And Mana loving rules.

13Pandora13 posted:

Mana had his whole own thing going on (didn't speak directly to people, only by whispering to other band members) and has his own Gothic Lolita clothing line.

Malice Mizer owns if you accept it as a theatrical performance versus a band. All of their videos, stage performances, etc. were massive productions.

Yeah their live shows are hardcore. In one Gackt flies in with these ENORMOUS black wings.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 23:41 on May 6, 2018