Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Grapplejack posted:

I was assuming this would happen, but after today's update it's becoming very clear that vriska and meenah are going to gently caress off to go beat LE

What about this update gave any indication that Meenah has an interest in fighting/beating LE?

None of here thought-bubbles included her doing any fighting, achieving any fame or glory, or anything like that. Nothing Vriska is offering here means poo poo to her. If she's does go with Vriska, it will be for her own reasons.

Not that she necessarily can go with Vriska, since if Vriska leaves the dream bubbles Meenah is done for. In fact, Vriska has nothing to offer her here to tempt her... except her delicious delicious lifeforce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bell_ posted:

Oh, but I think Meenah does, but there's two things:
#1: Meenah will almost always try to hide it.
#2: There's nobody left Meenah cares about and by extension has an opinion she would care about. Maybe Karkat, but I doubt she'd appeal as much to post-retJohn Karkat.

Remember when she was blubbering all over Egbert because she didn't want to lose her friends? She lost both of them.

I should probably add that another thing Meenah cares about is having a good time, because I always thought the reason she blubbered about not losing her friends was more about the fact she was having fun just hanging with them, rather than actually because she cared a lot about them and their safety.

Like, I think Meenah probably still likes (Vriska), perhaps not enough to stay with her, and possibly a lot of other of her ghost-friends. She is just incredibly, utterly, bored, and wants to just do something in order to get over the tedium of death. She is one of the more recent arrivals in the dream-bubbles after all. She showed up well after the rest of the alpha-trolls.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Magres posted:

I feel like this is exactly what's going to happen. Afaik we haven't seen how that juju got into Caliborn's hands yet, and jujus have to make complete time loops

Nah, the operative thing about jujus is that there can only ever be one. That's why Cal emptied out when he showed up in Dirk's timeline. Because actual Cal went through with Bro.

Cal is making a timeloop because he's got Caliborn in him. Y'know, the Lord of Time?

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

I never thought i'd see a character insult their own character growth and not suffer any comeuppance for it but Hussie's outdone himself this time around :v:

Does the higly probable Lord English Laser Light Festival of Annihilation coming up soon not count as comeuppance? I guess it hasn't happened yet, so probably not, but everything I see points to Vriska's fight being a huge loving mess that gets her killed.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

I never thought i'd see a character insult their own character growth and not suffer any comeuppance for it but Hussie's outdone himself this time around :v:

at this point im having a hard time thinking of a comeuppance worse than "being Vriska Serket", really

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

paranoid randroid posted:

at this point im having a hard time thinking of a comeuppance worse than "being Vriska Serket", really

Being Vriska Serket, stuck with noone but Vriska Serket to talk to, forever.

Actually, let's throw Gamzee in there to keep the two of them company.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm not wagering large amounts of money on how ong Vriska-chomping Meenah survives Terezi's finding out about it.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

There's a lot of unknowns there, though, like if Meenah would go meet up with everyone at the lillypad or show up in the middle of the fighting, how long it would take Terezi to find out, whether she can rouse the others in the group to get upset about something bad happening to Vriska... Meenah might just swan off to do her own thing.

GlyphGryph posted:

What about this update gave any indication that Meenah has an interest in fighting/beating LE?

None of here thought-bubbles included her doing any fighting, achieving any fame or glory, or anything like that. Nothing Vriska is offering here means poo poo to her. If she's does go with Vriska, it will be for her own reasons.

Not that she necessarily can go with Vriska, since if Vriska leaves the dream bubbles Meenah is done for. In fact, Vriska has nothing to offer her here to tempt her... except her delicious delicious lifeforce.

Did you miss the thought-bubble with her dressed as the Condesce, holding Lord English's skull? She's been muttering about how the dream bubbles suck because they're pointless and shallow, and the last time she had motivation to do something relevant it was defeating Lord English. I agree that she might decide the fastest route back to relevance is Thief-ing Vriska's Life, but living characters sort of implicitly take on the responsibility of defeating Lord English if they want to keep on living.

(Vriska) completely on her own will be something to see. I don't know if she has it in her to carry on, if she's completely crushed and has no one to take it out on or cling to. Maybe someone will come across her and bail her out before this bubble bursts? Aradia's often skulking around, or maybe the mutineers or the pre-retcon ghosts? I don't know if it'd be better for (Vriska) to have to work this out completely on her own, or get rescued by former friends who take pity on her, or just get obliterated. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Grapplejack posted:

I was assuming this would happen, but after today's update it's becoming very clear that vriska and meenah are going to gently caress off to go beat LE

I'm kind of hoping Meenah sees her chance to bum off (Vriska)'s Light powers swaying the clock to Just after that chewing out and stealing all of Vriska's life out of her.

quote:

Nah, she's definitely only being this vicious because it's a version of herself; Tavros never got anything like this much finely aimed vitriol.

I agree she's not introspecting on purpose, but that doesn't mean she's only picking on (Vriska) because she's a wet blanket.

I think it's a bit of both. I don't know how much of it is introspection so much as the only person she can really respect (herself) just "let her down" by deciding that being a backstabbing hateful bitch was making her lonely and miserable.

So she's being vitriolic and hateful because this is essentially someone with a lot of confidence and who she respects and thinks is loving great not being cutthroat, backstabbing, and brutal. So she views it as weak. But instead of Tavros who she assumes is weak by nature, or Jake who she assumes is weak because his class is weak, this is someone she thought was strong. So she loving rips into her because it's not just "well you suck but that's fine you just keep sucking I'll rock out loud for both of us", it's "you USED to be cool and now you suck".

It's less surprising when a loser friend disappoints you than it is when someone you thought you could respect does the same.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

(Vriska), rejected by both Meenah and Vriska, runs off crying into the distance... and runs into Andrew Hussie, who is creepily looking to nab (Vriska) on the rebound.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

WhatPumpkin is getting out of the Webstore business to focus on video games. Homestuck merchandise will be moving over to WeLoveFine.

Makes total sense to me, although probably not to the employees. Webstores and order fulfillment are a pain and a half to run, especially at the scale Homestuck regularly generates.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
So are they going to make games other than hiveswap, then?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Dolash posted:

Did you miss the thought-bubble with her dressed as the Condesce, holding Lord English's skull? She's been muttering about how the dream bubbles suck because they're pointless and shallow, and the last time she had motivation to do something relevant it was defeating Lord English. I agree that she might decide the fastest route back to relevance is Thief-ing Vriska's Life, but living characters sort of implicitly take on the responsibility of defeating Lord English if they want to keep on living.

A big part of Vriska's taking down of (Vriska was about how just swannying off and accepting death and just waiting around doing nothing is selfish and how she should be still be trying to do stuff so I can definitely see that galvanising Meenah to action

Classtoise posted:

So she's being vitriolic and hateful because this is essentially someone with a lot of confidence and who she respects and thinks is loving great not being cutthroat, backstabbing, and brutal. So she views it as weak. But instead of Tavros who she assumes is weak by nature, or Jake who she assumes is weak because his class is weak, this is someone she thought was strong. So she loving rips into her because it's not just "well you suck but that's fine you just keep sucking I'll rock out loud for both of us", it's "you USED to be cool and now you suck".

I think the bit in bold is completely misreading the conversation, but I suppose time will tell on that front.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"you have not earned the right to be okay with yourself because our mutual psyche is a horrorshow of death and regret and its not okay that you are not treating that like a commission to do whatever is necessary to pay down your blood-debt"

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

So are they going to make games other than hiveswap, then?

Fingers crossed for Homestuck Pinball Party!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Homestuck Kart, in which everybody's karts explode randomly before the finish line. Some respawn, some don't.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

SBaHJ KARTH, it's just Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing with no changes.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Blackheart posted:

The 99-cent DLC adds MULTYPLAIR MOD which is just Desert Bus

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
The WeLoveFine store has some loving awesome pieces right now, including the Mayor's tattered rags, Rose's Squiddleknit Dress, and a Vriska shirt with included robotic arm sleeve.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Blackheart posted:

Zero Gear

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Plom Bar posted:

The WeLoveFine store has some loving awesome pieces right now, including the Mayor's tattered rags, Rose's Squiddleknit Dress, and a Vriska shirt with included robotic arm sleeve.

Dang they've got like, almost any outfit you could think of?

e; missing Nepeta's trenchcoat

de; also Vriska and LE's

dde; also also Cherub swank

ex4combob; trickster

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mazerunner posted:

Dang they've got like, almost any outfit you could think of?

e; missing Nepeta's trenchcoat

de; also Vriska and LE's

Up to and including Terezi's Scalemate Boxers.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Scalemate Boxers
style no: MHK001MBX1

$18.00
White, XXXL SOLD OUT

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Scalemate Boxers
style no: MHK001MBX1

$18.00
White, XXXL SOLD OUT

Something something Vriska.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What really has me wondering about what Meenah is going to do now was that part in the walkaround when she gets extra pissed at Cronus for ripping on Mituna. So we see that she does care about bullyin, but immediately Cronus calls her out on her alternate self's behavior towards her helmsman. And yeah, sure, it is Cronus saying it and it's of course don in the douchebaggiest way possible and just to excuse himself, but it leaves the point that Meenah is indeed capable of it.

So basically anything can happen here, from her tone I'd feel like Meenah is gonna realtalk (Vriska) a lil' bit but still defend her from Vriska, but it wouldn't be entirely impossible that she just decides hmm yea I haven't really been listening but this is a great time to break up with her and flies away. Or maybe we'll just be left hanging and jump to a different scene entirely which would be entirely unprecedented in this story.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
A jump to Calliope would be so :mediocre:

I really hope it doesn't happen cause this cliffhanger is killin me

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 1, 2015

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah I'm really dying to see the follow-up here. All the build-up is toward Meenah dumping her, but there's still a couple of ways it can go - ganking Vriska's life, going with Vriska to fight Lord English, just straight up-splitting. Although it might be worth it if we get another sequence of "options" and a title menu that updates every day, so we can watch Meenah crush (Vriska)'s heart remotely.

It's the cliffhanger after this one that's going to suck, because all three of these characters could be primed to do something pretty interesting after this showdown and we might not even get a hint as to what.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

You can't buy the tarot cards anymore.

:(

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ah I can't wait for today's Vriskatime.

The Vriskaing, it's near.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Plom Bar posted:

You can't buy the tarot cards anymore.

:(

Don't worry I will tarot for you.

Send me your question and also $5 Subway gift coupon and I will tell you what the cards and weird vent stonk shows of your future.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

Ah I can't wait for today's Vriskatime.

The Vriskaing, it's near.

im filled with dread, op

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Pity that lots of the We Love Fine stuff is gender-specific.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

The update is just going to be Lord English popping in and laser death breathing the three of them. Everyone double dies, the end. No moral!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Ahahahahahahahaha yessssssss

e: searious tho meenah crying at the end was a gutpunch

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 2, 2015

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
kinda wish meenah threw in a "shut the gently caress up" to vriska or something

heh, "grotto be"

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

There is basically no way in hell those two aren't about to become just the DOUBLE-EST of dead.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
THE VIRSKAING

(with a side of meenah)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im not a huge fan of the decision to simplify moral equations by splitting a "good" vriska off from the "bad" vriska.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

im not a huge fan of the decision to simplify moral equations by splitting a "good" vriska off from the "bad" vriska.

Yeah, I think the smirk was too obvious. If Vriska had just had a neutral 'places to go, fires to iron' face, it would have been better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Well, at least she had a better reason apart from being bored. And she had the decency of feeling bad about it.

I stil think alive Vriska needs to jump right in front of LE's laser ASAP and free the rest of the not-terrible people of her presence.