Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Kanine posted:

did anyone doing anti-drug psa stuff even understand what they were doing or even why people do drugs in the first place

All the anti-drug people were on drugs. So kind of, but they were just so high all the time.

HPanda has a new favorite as of 02:53 on Aug 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

failing forward posted:

I am lawful evil, but lawful neutral when asking for something.

I'm exactly the same.
And no sign off if I'm writing to a friend.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
All I know is that if you didn't rock at least 1 D.A.R.E. shirt, did you even smoke weed in the 90s?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kanine posted:

did anyone doing anti-drug psa stuff even understand what they were doing or even why people do drugs in the first place

I'm not entirely sure they knew what drugs were.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Raptor1033 posted:

I was on a walk earlier and spotted a bee and said "Lee-toll bombol-bee" and admired for a moment. My GF laughed at me.

Saying that out loud made me laugh too. Bees: they bring joy and terror.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

sebmojo posted:

there was a bee/wasp one that was quite funny.

I love bumblebees, the little drunks :3:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

Sorry, yes, we are cloopseend.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

All I see is lööps

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Anchovies: not even once

anchovies on pizza are fuckin delicious

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

The cloopseend adds 2 to hover only :colbert:

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PittTheElder posted:

Something tells me that the woman who always wears super loose clothing to hide her figure wearing a hoodie with a bunch of big tittie anime girls on it might be making some sort of statement.

no she isnt

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
It's astounding in more than one way that that woman is young enough to cite Justin Beiber as an influence on her songwork.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm not entirely sure they knew what drugs were.

"Drugs" are the things that Blacks and Latinos used, thus it was perfectly okay to poo poo over them as hard as you can.

Booze, and anything that a "Doctor" prescribed was medicine and perfectly okay to be bombed out of you mind 24/7

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

And what horrible foulmouthed Dutch atrocity is this

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This cyberpunk future loving sucks

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Memento posted:

This cyberpunk future loving sucks

The last time that was posted some Android dork came in and posted how that pop up doesn't actually mean what it says it means but it sounds like bullshit to me.

syense
Oct 13, 2018

people who play large jenga at bars have nothing of interest in their lives.
I think they do that so they can get your IMEI number and associate it with you advertising profile and use that info cross reference the data with other apps

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

syense posted:

I think they do that so they can get your IMEI number and associate it with you advertising profile and use that info cross reference the data with other apps

oh well that's fine then lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
90% of all access stuff like that is to be able to market to you better and 10% is america, russia and china spying on you

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Solar Tornado posted:

The cloopseend adds 2 to hover only :colbert:

It's a black diamond slope; you need that +2 hover.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Such Fun posted:

Imagine a bunch of straight guys having a drinking game over the worst thing to say. Complacently they nod in agreement over what would translate to ‘cancer whore’ but sounds so, so much worse. And then there’s me stumbling out the gay bar on the other side of the gracht, frou froe cocktail in hand, hollering “How about I gently caress you all in your jongenskutje?”
Within a week they’re all berthing ell pup because I snatched all their wigs and their balls.

What I’m saying is Dutch cursing is next level and I’m a mean drunk

We Dutch people love to insert diseases into our curses. And if you don’t get that, you rot and suffer from typhoid.

Phy posted:

And what horrible foulmouthed Dutch atrocity is this

It’s the neighboring village to Loon Op Zand.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Johnny Aztec posted:

"Drugs" are the things that Blacks and Latinos used, thus it was perfectly okay to poo poo over them as hard as you can.

Booze, and anything that a "Doctor" prescribed was medicine and perfectly okay to be bombed out of you mind 24/7

There's that line from Trainspotting, something like, "...stealing Vicodin from me mum, who was in her own polite and socially acceptable way, also a druggie."

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Topical.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I feel like people strongly dislike targeted ads but the thing is, why do I need ads for "yarn! Old People Edition!" or "glazed pottery monthly"?

Give me steam sale ads, computer parts, what's recently been added to crunchyroll etc.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Ak Gara posted:

I feel like people strongly dislike targeted ads but the thing is, why do I need ads for "yarn! Old People Edition!" or "glazed pottery monthly"?

Give me steam sale ads, computer parts, what's recently been added to crunchyroll etc.

LOL old people are cooler than you

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Ak Gara posted:

Mine are always "THIS NEW LAW MEANS HUGE SAVINGS FOR COLORADO RESIDENTS BORN BEFORE 1980" and it's like cool, that's not me

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Kanine posted:

The irony is that anti-drug campaigns like that mostly backfired. There was a lot of "if you so much as look at a drug you'll get addicted and die instantly and it will hurt really badly." Then people, being people, would try weed or something and be like "well this isn't so bad, most people who smoke weed aren't dying addicts living in the gutter, and I didn't get addicted at all. What's the big deal?" While hard drugs can demolish your life it turns out that most people can in fact dabble in drugs a bit on party weekends and not have their lives burn down. The goal was to get people to quit using drugs complete but it's like...have you met people?

The problem is that when it turned out that a lot of what you were told by those anti-drug campaigns were lies or exaggeration people would think that even the hard drugs were probably not all that bad and go into the territory of something like heroin. That's where a big problem comes in; even people I knew who were hardcore partiers that lived mostly normally during the week but then drugged themselves out of their minds all weekend every weekend wouldn't go anywhere near heroin.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Blocking ads is a moral imperative.

also,

Chitin posted:

LOL old people are cooler than you

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I found the greatest Facebook Marketplace listing ever

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I play Microsoft Solitaire on my phone from time to time, and all ads are like '8 foods that will destroy your old man's kidneys' or '5 countries where you can spend the remaining 10 years of your life without fearing poverty'. This owns!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ak Gara posted:

Because old people have money and you don't.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

I found the greatest Facebook Marketplace listing ever

But I can cover my actual dick and balls in cheeto dust for way less than that. Seems like a crap deal honestly.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Trig Discipline posted:

But I can cover my actual dick and balls in cheeto dust for way less than that. Seems like a crap deal honestly.

The Cheeto's bigger though.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Trig Discipline posted:

pm me

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Trabant posted:

The Cheeto's bigger though.

And hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Mierenneuker posted:

We Dutch people love to insert diseases into our curses. And if you don’t get that, you rot and suffer from typhoid.

You foul typhus dog, how dare you say that, cancer off!