Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
drat, I missed the "creepy" poo poo.

:sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

thatguy posted:

drat, I missed the "creepy" poo poo.

:sad:

Don't worry. We re-posted it on the off site page: You need a Platinum Account to see this

It's not much worse than what's already on the discussion page there.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Whoever the guy is who knows about the "PvP Community" in Star Citizen please share some of the presumably sad and hilarious stories.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

MilesK posted:

See the bouncing part at the bottom that's usually your helmet? Now it's a box you're carrying.

This explanation seems pretty viable.

Next question: How is this 8 second clip good marketing for this tech demo?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I just checked out our friend WTFO's stream and he's drinking and sitting on a loading screen for Star Citizen to a massive audience of 50 people. This poor man.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

thatguy posted:

Whoever the guy is who knows about the "PvP Community" in Star Citizen please share some of the presumably sad and hilarious stories.

Oh dont worry there's plenty of laughs to be had.

What would you be most interested in?

Getting phone call death threats from citizens you killed in game?

Getting threats of cig devs of account deletion for modding their alpha (lol at mod support)?

Trolling wtfosaurus? (I think we have some best of's on YouTube)

But really nothing beats the long con of seeing a space sim come together just to have some incapable interns lead by a thumb take away all the little bits designed by talented people who long left,that kept you entertained playing over time because fidelity is more important than the little bit of gameplay you could actually enjoy.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

A__N__N__A: wtfosaurus has spent 12978.2 hours in the channel since 28-Jul-14.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
THEUNITEDSTATESOFAMERICA: how many hours do you think you've played star citizen for?
WTFOSAURUS: !hours

:wtchris:

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Tokamak posted:

Space Bulldozer V1

Has anyone got a copy of the original space dozer gif that they could spare? I sadly spent all my jpeg money on 893 cyclones.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I hope to see gayfurrie259 at the Vancouver BarCitizen meetup with WTFO. Also I can't watch the stream anymore, it's sad.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Tokamak posted:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

thatguy posted:

Thats about as much time as I've put into FFXI, a real and good game that actually exists. Spread out over a decade too.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Combat Theory posted:

Trolling wtfosaurus? (I think we have some best of's on YouTube)

I'd be interested in any youtube clips of said trolling.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

thatguy posted:

THEUNITEDSTATESOFAMERICA: how many hours do you think you've played star citizen for?
WTFOSAURUS: !hours

:wtchris:

540 days

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
He said that was accurate too because 95% of his time was in Star Citizen and he played off-stream occasionally. I don't even have 10,000 hours in all of my games in Steam combined over a decade.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Meridian posted:

I think I'll take this opportunity to let everyone know that The Slow Motion Train Wreck that is our X-Com 2 campaign is about to go live again. A quick recap of the current situation for any commandos who are late to the party:
  • We've lost a few rookies, but so far casualties have been pretty minimal.
  • Kosumo bit the dust in our last mission for the night. I don't remember what happened, but it was probably very heroic.
  • If you believe the stories, I might have a potential future as a fetish cam whore.

So, Commander "40z" Meridian left us with quite the mess. It's now up to me, Commander "Sober" Meridian to pick up the pieces and lead our rag tag group to victory. Kosumo, you may be lost, but you'll never be forgotten. Whoever bought me this avatar, it's hilarious but I hate you. Come hang out!

Answer the Call

Pick me pick me

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Amazing Zimmo posted:

I'd be interested in any youtube clips of said trolling.

Of course. I will go through our historic recordings tomorrow to see if I find better stuff. Bonus on this one:check 10:00 where he asks his cig buddy to implement a feature to stop joining people's instances that haven't had a 2 side friend ack. The best part, the cig guy actually did it and therefore hosed their friend instancing because at that point you had to to close the game, go to the website and add a friend there and then come back to have the contact in game. Setting up groups for PU gameplay went from a 10 minute job to a 1 hour job that patch.

e: posting video links from mobile is serious business

https://youtu.be/T4KUVl6BtE4

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 23, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Also lol Seraph 84 was on Meridian's stream chat and admitted to being MoMa

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Someone linked some of those WTFO griefing videos like a year ago and I got a good laugh from them. Good work if that's you.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

thatguy posted:

Someone linked some of those WTFO griefing videos like a year ago and I got a good laugh from them. Good work if that's you.

I might have been in those videos :smuggo:

E: I think the comments from you guys on those WTFO troll vids were actually the first time we noticed each other and since then many of us felt kind of a spiritual relation with the goons of this thread, as weird as it sounds. If SA was accepting PayPal I would expect to see quite a few more of these guys around here actually.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 23, 2017

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I cannot believe he is still doing those. Has he expanded his repertoire beyond the "wankpod to ship to Kareah to shooting d00ds to grabbing guns and ammo to shooting d00ds to dying to wankpod to ship to Kareah to shooting d00ds" treadmill of in(s)anity, or is he still doing that?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
no now he just pleads with his viewership to get on star citizen and join him in star marine so they all can desync and t pose around together

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://twitter.com/StarCitizenTrac/status/888836162336374784

Should have a whole page of new responses going tomorrow. Gonna run some tests because I haven't seen any quotes yet, probably most are too long for 140 character limit.

Was it realistic to say "[promise_quote]"?
.@[promise_quotee] How serious were you about [promise_title]?
.@[promise_quotee] How many hours have been spent on [promise_title] because it's still not in alpha.
.@[promise_quotee] How close is [promise_title] to a playable state?
.@[promise_quotee] Should backers still expect [promise_title]?
.@[promise_quotee] Is [promise_title] still happening? Backers have been waiting [delay_years] years.
I can help code [promise_title], if your team is stuck @[promise_quotee]

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I think most of us stopped watching his stream for possible trolling chances when he started to stream himself binge eating random crap for hours. Also many people of the troll brigade have long refunded (our refund cascade was kinda fall 2016)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Meridian posted:

Is the game out yet?

Oh wow just noticed your wet spot! ;)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it's demonstrable that Sean Murray lied because they had a publisher and had to release the game. Chris Roberts isn't lieing because he has no publisher and is just trying to stall everyone into staying too long in the land of dreams and attempts like a low-rent Enid Blyton villain.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The Titanic posted:

Oh wow just noticed your wet spot! ;)

What can I say, the whole thing was very exciting. You were doing God's work again in today's stream, but we didn't know how to let you know.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Also lol Seraph 84 was on Meridian's stream chat and admitted to being MoMa

Nu uh. :colbert:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I do have a little bit more insight into MoMA's posting style though now. Am...I MoMA? Maybe he was inside us all, all along.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bofast posted:

It's very silly how certain parts of the industry have been able to label half the population as non-customers for games, and make a bunch of insecure boys believe it, considering how many women played games in the 80s/90s before this whole thing took hold.

I don't really get it either, but admittedly when I was working on a Doom wad when I was 14 not many of my girlfriends were too interested. I think somewhere in the 90's games and computers had a stigma associated with them that made association with it unfavorable to be a part of. It all became the same sort of dirty underbelly as D&D.

The media was blaming video games for everything bad, etc etc. I don't really think it became mainstream until mid to late 2k.

Though computer science itself is very similar to stuff like engineering, and when I was getting my degree there were very few other women in CS. I'm not saying women aren't getting good educations though, because when I visited chemistry and medical schools there was probably more women than men present.

I think CS will eventually cross over more to women, it's still a fairly new school relatively speaking. It'll just take more brave women to wade into another male dominated avenue, but it'll equal out eventually. Some of the best and smartest professors I had were women, too. Just another hurdle to cross. :)

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Combat Theory posted:

Of course. I will go through our historic recordings tomorrow to see if I find better stuff. Bonus on this one:check 10:00 where he asks his cig buddy to implement a feature to stop joining people's instances that haven't had a 2 side friend ack. The best part, the cig guy actually did it and therefore hosed their friend instancing because at that point you had to to close the game, go to the website and add a friend there and then come back to have the contact in game. Setting up groups for PU gameplay went from a 10 minute job to a 1 hour job that patch.

e: posting video links from mobile is serious business

https://youtu.be/T4KUVl6BtE4

Thanks. I like that around the time he asks CIG for the feature that could spare him from PVP, he's saying that he is fine with PVP.

Plus he is an angry man and bad at playing the game that he is payed to promote.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

WTFO also got a dog recently and i'm not sure he's responsible enough/caring enough to keep a puppy :(.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Here's the double whopper of Darkstar in full troll mode. That butt slide glitch we actually got from a cig qa video, what's more hilarious than getting killed by a t-posing commando? Getting killed by a butt sliding commando.

https://youtu.be/MbPvKUWiRs8

https://youtu.be/X4leFrga2Tk

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Thoatse posted:

I know we're trying to keep the thread high brow and poo poo but I found a clip of Titanic going down in a bathroom after a little crack
Obviously :nws:

I feel like I can't even take a bath anymore without the constant threat of paparazzi recording it and posting it up on the internet. :sweatdrop:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Also a former citizen finally found a way to put his returned disposable income to good use.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Combat Theory posted:

Here's the double whopper of Darkstar in full troll mode. That butt slide glitch we actually got from a cig qa video, what's more hilarious than getting killed by a t-posing commando? Getting killed by a butt sliding commando.

https://youtu.be/MbPvKUWiRs8

https://youtu.be/X4leFrga2Tk

:allears:

The best part is him having to watch that loving animation every time.

Crazypoops fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 23, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Meridian posted:

What can I say, the whole thing was very exciting. You were doing God's work again in today's stream, but we didn't know how to let you know.

Woohoo! Good to know. :)

I've been out in the horrible heat doing stuff, now my very lobster like self is hoping I'm not as burned as I'm feeling like I am.

I hope you accepted my friend request because I have no idea how to find you on twitch without a link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Combat Theory posted:

Also a former citizen finally found a way to put his returned disposable income to good use.

Are you not at all hyped about the fact that PCGamer guy saw some magical version of the game nobody else has seen, running well enough to proclaim it all?

What will happen if they launch 3.0 but they can't do what the PCGamer guy did? :ohdear: