Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Is it worth a buy? Tempted, but I should probably stop buying every single VOD that comes out..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Kojiro posted:

Is it worth a buy? Tempted, but I should probably stop buying every single VOD that comes out..

Chuck Norris is clean-shaven in the movie and looks like a stereotypically mannish lesbian throughout. Just let that sink in before you make a final decision.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I haven't seen it but its a 70s movie about truckers and arm wrestling. There's no way it isn't fantastic.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

muscles like this? posted:

I haven't seen it but its a 70s movie about truckers and arm wrestling. There's no way it isn't fantastic.

I'm a little less than 20 minutes in, and it's like Riding With Death's retarded brother.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Just finished watching it. I...I have never seen a finer Chuck Norris film.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Strode? Strode where are you? Anyone seen Strode?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I'm going to be honest, Chuck's motivation seemed pretty easy to follow, by I really don't understand what in the blistering gently caress the judge's scheme was. Also, how the gently caress does a judge/mayor of a town of, what, 50 people, afford a goddamned helicopter?

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I'm going to be honest, Chuck's motivation seemed pretty easy to follow, by I really don't understand what in the blistering gently caress the judge's scheme was. Also, how the gently caress does a judge/mayor of a town of, what, 50 people, afford a goddamned helicopter?

Those $250 fines really add up.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Apparently they were selling moonshine and spare parts stolen from cars, though how much a market for moonshine there was in California during the 70s I couldn't tell you.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Apparently they were selling moonshine and spare parts stolen from cars, though how much a market for moonshine there was in California during the 70s I couldn't tell you.

And TV Dinners I guess? Also the way the judge was talking at the end, was everyone in that town related?

gently caress.

Breaker! Breaker! is a prime example of awesome riffing coupled with an utter loving mess of a movie.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

And TV Dinners I guess? Also the way the judge was talking at the end, was everyone in that town related?

gently caress.

Breaker! Breaker! is a prime example of awesome riffing coupled with an utter loving mess of a movie.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Back to Twilight 5: I can't believe I missed the best joke the first time around:

"(as Chris Hansen): Jacob, why don't you have a seat right over there. Sit. Sit. Good boy."

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
I just got hold of used copies of Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse on dvd for a really cheap price.

Going to have myself a rifftrax marathon all nice and proper.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Oh, this? That's where I got shot in the gut. No biggie.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I just watched McBain and The Guy From Harlem is next.

What other VOD should I get?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The real correct answer is all of them. None have disappointed at all. The most recent one is 20 different kinds of stupid.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Deadpool posted:

The real correct answer is all of them. None have disappointed at all. The most recent one is 20 different kinds of stupid.

The correct answer is Ghosthouse.

And I recently discovered that Ghosthouse is supposed to be a "spiritual sequel" to...

you guys are gonna loving love this...

Evil Dead I

:what:

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Spiritual is an interesting way of saying "Italian Rip-off Sequel".

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Chuck Norris without a mustache is unnerving.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Okay Rifftrax. You win. Mike, Kevin, and Bill are the only force on Earth that could've had me sit through goddamn Twilight. The Riff is as hilarious as advertised, and the movie is actually worse than expected. gently caress.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Okay Rifftrax. You win. Mike, Kevin, and Bill are the only force on Earth that could've had me sit through goddamn Twilight. The Riff is as hilarious as advertised, and the movie is actually worse than expected. gently caress.

Now watch the others! You won't regret it, Breaking Dawn 2 is one of their best.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

BUFFALO RIDER. It is beyond description.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Kojiro posted:

Now watch the others! You won't regret it, Breaking Dawn 2 is one of their best.

A word of warning, if you do this you might reach the point I have where the original has become an almost watchable film. I've become so desensitised to poo poo movies via Rifftrax and MST3K that I can probably sit and watch Space Mutiny now and not think it too bad. :psyduck:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Kojiro posted:

And the credits long mincing vampire act from Breaking Dawn 1 was a thing of beauty.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

jammyozzy posted:

A word of warning, if you do this you might reach the point I have where the original has become an almost watchable film. I've become so desensitised to poo poo movies via Rifftrax and MST3K that I can probably sit and watch Space Mutiny now and not think it too bad. :psyduck:

The Twilight series + Rifftrax has become a familiar friend that I regularly put on while doing chores or hanging around the house :).

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
FYI everyone, there are just under 27 hours to go in the Kickstarter, and they're only $102 away from hitting 5x their original target...so if you haven't already donated, pony up the cash!

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
Finally donated to the Rifftrax Kickstarter a few minutes ago (Because I forgot about it, like an idiot). The total is now $255,515, holy poo poo. I'm simultaneously excited for the prospect of going to a Twilight live show, but conflicted about explaining to my coworkers/boss that I'll need a week off in August to fly 500 miles to watch a Twilight film in theatres.

I tried explaining to one of my coworkers that I, as a straight mid-20's male, was going to pledge $25 to watch Twilight in theatres and her reaction was...mixed, at best.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"Remember the show where these robots are sitting in theater seats watching really bad movies and making fun of them? Well they did that to Twilight and it's hilarious."

Just memorize that script and you really don't have to explain to anyone why you're a male Twi-hard.

If they do remember mst3k, no further explanation needed. If they don't, you just said something about joke-making robots and that sounds so nerdy no one will want to question further.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
God drat it, I didn't realize until the kickstarter had ended that the $20 tier only gets you the Rifftrax Live download. For some reason I thought it also included the shorts, but that's the $35 one. I'm...too late. :cry:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
FINAL TOTAL: $264,860

:stare: Goddrat. Really wonder if Mike/Kevin/Bill expected things to go so high, and how much shock they must feel regarding it.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Ensign_Ricky posted:

FINAL TOTAL: $264,860

:stare: Goddrat. Really wonder if Mike/Kevin/Bill expected things to go so high, and how much shock they must feel regarding it.

Part of me would love a video followup of them throwing realistic looking play money at each other or using it as fuel for a fire as a joke.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
I expect them to buy sports cars just so they put a brick on the gas pedal, sending them careening into the distance. Or maybe just start buying the name brand ramen.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Part of me kind of wants them to just keep most of that money, for all the entertainment they've given me.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

precision posted:

Part of me kind of wants them to just keep most of that money, for all the entertainment they've given me.

But they can use it to give you MORE entertainment!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I like Rifftrax, but I don't get why they keep giving stuff to Matthew Elliot. It always bumming to see a new release and only he in it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Yeah I was excited to see new VOD, but I don't really care to hear Mathew Elliot so I'll pass.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm still holding out hope for a James Urbaniak, John Hodgman, or really any new guest riff.

Weird Al (Jurassic Park) and Joel McHale (Red Dawn) are some of my favorites.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Rirse posted:

I like Rifftrax, but I don't get why they keep giving stuff to Matthew Elliot. It always bumming to see a new release and only he in it.

I like Elliot. He's no Mike Nelson, but he's better than a lot of the iRiffers I've heard.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I've never even considered listening to the fan riffs. Is there anything worthwhile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobst
Mar 28, 2002

~HUG LIFE~
I just finished watching Elliot's riff of Planet of the Apes last night and he did a fantastic job of it. His style is different (it has to be, considering he flies solo), but he's still a hilarious guy and his commentary is excellent. If you're curious about his work but aren't willing to start with an $8 VOD, I'd recommend that to start.

• Locked thread