Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
:smith:

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
yes I got it

no I haven't looked at it yet

no I won't post it

yes I will legit send it to hr, outside of that I can't do much

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
in fact assuming it's not hideously terrible i'll even talk to the manager in my department in charge of hiring and see if he can place you

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
if you're not having a giggle that's really sweet and i wish ian the bests and also maybe he should try a psychiatrist or something?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Proteus4994 posted:

in fact assuming it's not hideously terrible i'll even talk to the manager in my department in charge of hiring and see if he can place you

please hire ian and post daily updates in the ian mclean appreciation station

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Proteus4994 posted:

be sure to mention his mansion and many sports cars

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Please post Ian's salary demands, he has a "millionaire by 25" goal to reach after all.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
ian you are the thomas the tank engine of yospos :allears:

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

hes narrated by ringo starr?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

this better be the greatest adventure game ever

quote:

At the top of Double Fine’s golden tower, studio founder Tim Schafer sits at a desk carved from the bones of the world’s most endangered animals, counting his piles of Kickstarter money. After setting a goal of $400,000 to fund a new adventure game called Broken Age, fans pledged $3,336,371—making it one of the biggest success stories in Kickstarter-funded game development history—and now Schafer wants more. In a post for the project’s backers (and as reported by Rock, Paper, Shotgun), he essentially explains that his out-of-control creative vision has exceeded even the 800-percent funding that Kickstarter users gave Double Fine in the first place. If Broken Age’s development were to stay at the pace it’s going, Schafer believes that it wouldn’t be ready until 2015, a full three years after the Kickstarter campaign ended.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 9, 2013

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

kinda old news but the doublefine slow-motion trainwreck has consistently amused me since there a stunning amount of people who didn't pick up that DoubleFine and Schafer in particular can't find their own asses with both hands and a stick

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Fabricated posted:

kinda old news but the doublefine slow-motion trainwreck has consistently amused me since there a stunning amount of people who didn't pick up that DoubleFine and Schafer in particular can't find their own asses with both hands and a stick

the comments are really funny because people are STILL lining up to fork over money to this clownshoes operation. there are also other idiots demanding refunds.

quote:

It's kinda dissapointing to see negative comments. Because generally it's always the complainers that seem to post comments in droves. I don't want anyone from the team to take this stuff to heart. They're doing an amazing job. The game looks great, the video's have been some of the most interesting stuff i've seen in a long time. Gaining an insight into the games industry like this, is a first in all my years. I am super excited about seeing how this all unfolds.

I totally had shivers the first time i saw that Video for Broken Age. The music, the look, everything. Pioniers have to take risks, to produce great results.

ADVENTURE GAMES ROCK!!

yea theyre doing an amazing job squandering literally millions of dollars with nothing to show for it

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

yeah it's an unfortunate fact that nobody likes to acknowledge but if you leave creatives in charge of a project more complex than tying their own shoes that project will never be done - google, valve, loving ion storm, He Who Shall Not Be Named, all need some cold-eyed emotionless profiteer riding them like a jockey to actually get anything done.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

i really am impressed they managed to piss away all that cash. three million earth dollars.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 9, 2013

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

I wonder how many vintage arcade game cabinets they have

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
someone explain to me what the gently caress this actually does and how it could possibly be useful

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

its a project designed to trick people into leaving expensive electronics and keys all over the place so the creators can then steal said poo poo and pawn it

also lol @ some random stranger finding your poo poo and returning it, as opposed to stealing it for themselves

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

The range from your phone is 50 - 150ft depending on the environment. However, if any other Tile user's phone is within 50 - 150ft of your Tile, you will receive an update with the location of your Tile. When this happens, you will see a pin on the map view for your Tile. This essentially makes the range limitless once there are enough Tile users in your area.

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its a fuckin rfid chip in a piece of plastic

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

if youre a hard working computer janitor like me when you come home you pitch your keys as far away from the door as possible so you can reason once you sit down to play the world of warcraft that getting up and going out would be more effort than its worth because you dont know where your keys are and dont feel like searching

this eliminates that i guess and also helps liberate your money

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Does Tile work on Android, Windows Phone, or Blackberry?

No, not at this time.

hahahahahaha

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

if youre a hard working computer janitor like me when you come home you pitch your keys as far away from the door as possible so you can reason once you sit down to play the world of warcraft that getting up and going out would be more effort than its worth because you dont know where your keys are and dont feel like searching

this eliminates that i guess and also helps liberate your money

i usually attach my keys to a stray dog and let him run away. its much simpler than putting them in the same spot every day.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

tbf if i could get pieces of rfid and just slap them on my keys and all my other poo poo i constantly misplace i would, but im dumb and cant wrap my head around making it work with my phone

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

haljordan posted:

its a project designed to trick people into leaving expensive electronics and keys all over the place so the creators can then steal said poo poo and pawn it

also lol @ some random stranger finding your poo poo and returning it, as opposed to stealing it for themselves

rip that guys zune

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

quote:

No batteries to replace?

Nope, you never need to replace the batteries or even charge your Tiles.

quote:

A whole year?

Tiles last a year. We'll remind you when it's time to order new Tiles and send you an envelope to recycle your old ones.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

i rate this scam a 5

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

please buy my revolutionary car with the gas tank that never has to be refilled. you simply buy another one before you run out of fuel

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh and they're 20 dollars each btw

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Al! posted:

oh and they're 20 dollars each btw

lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

wait what is this

quote:

Using Selfstarter, the open-sourced crowdfunding platform from the creators of Lockitron, the Tile preorder campaign will run through July 23rd, 2013 with the product shipping Winter 2013/14.

holy shits

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

HEROES happen {here}

gently caress i can't take this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

finally the return of bondi blue

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Werthog 95 posted:

HEROES happen {here}
                /                                         \

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Frequently Asked Questions

* Can I modify my Lockitron to play Chiptunes?

YES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

jfc

• Locked thread