Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i am craving a burg HARD right now might have to get one for lunch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
I like 5 Guys but waiting 8-15 minutes is the norm here if you go anywhere near lunch or dinner time.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
Made a burg for lunch.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I think I'm gonna burg for lunch.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I made the decision to burg this evening

this was a wise decision

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Very wise. That looks loving delicious

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

It's only a "burger" but I meatloaf sandwiched on a spicy cheese bun today.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Burg game strong up in here today.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
all good burgs, but burg additions being on the bottom tweak me so hard

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Layer of guac keeps the blood/juice from loving up the bottom half of the bun, in my defence.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

I've had many a burgs with the stuff on the bottom and it's good. Just an ocd thing! I also love it when that happens, and I'd prefer the juice on the bun vs lettuce or whatever, so we're on opposite ends of the spectrum haha.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
The cheeseburger at Scofflaw in Chicago. It's a really good, smashed patty double burger.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I'd totally drive 4 hours north to get one of those bad boys. The bun alone looks great. Great burg sir.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008
Smashed patties are the best burgers. I'm gonna make a smashed patty burger and post it this week.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Burgs burgs burgs. Coulda been a bit more pink but still really goddamned good. Say hi to my little tater tot friends too

Garlic, pepper and sea salt tater tots. Dude they're so good

Ciabatta rolls make great buns why have I not tried this before?

Also this is like my 3rd straight time putting sliced avocado on burgs and I think I might do this forever now, it's loving great.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Feb 15, 2016

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Fenrir posted:

Ciabatta rolls make great buns why have I not tried this before?

Yeah anyone who lives near a Trader Joes I can't recommend highly enough their ciabatta buns for all your burg bun needs.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

THE MACHO MAN posted:

all good burgs, but burg additions being on the bottom tweak me so hard

I worked at In-N-Out for nearly 3 years. Forever ingrained in my mind will be the bottom up burger building method from INO. Really comes down to what goes on above and below the meat, dealer's choice on how to build, I say.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

aejix posted:

I got given The Huxtaburger Book for Christmas. It's written by one of the guys behind the Huxtable restaurant in Melbourne (apparently it got 1 chef's hat in the Good Food Guide, kinda like Australia's version of a Michelin star I guess?) and is a completely over-the-top burg bible that goes into the pros and cons of basically every component of a burger, a stack of recipes for making the burgs they sell at their Huxtaburger outlets (plus a bunch of other burgs), and recipes for making different condiments, making your own pickles etc etc. It's a bit of a wank but still a good read.
Spoiler: every burg is chock-full of roofies

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

The taste of that burg is gonna haunt you for years to come.
If you're ever in Texas, don't go to In-n-Out. You'll never be the same again.
Is in-n-out somehow more edible when it's in texas?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

coyo7e posted:

Spoiler: every burg is chock-full of roofies

Is in-n-out somehow more edible when it's in texas?

No, but it's a hell of a lot closer to Illinois than Cali is.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Sharp cheddar cheese burger and sweet potato fries. Homemade fry sauce in the background.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I totes forgot about this thread, but I indeed burged on Monday.

Maybe I'll remember to take a pic next time :burger:

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

ogopogo posted:

Sharp cheddar cheese burger and sweet potato fries. Homemade fry sauce in the background.

Nice

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Local pub in decent burg shocker!

Doesn't look great but tasted pretty drat good. Had pulled beef brisket on top of a very juicy cheeseburger. Nice (albeit untoasted) egg roll.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The gently caress kinda pub doesn't soak a bun in butter and grill it? Smh

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

that seems like a pretty decent burg. Maybe it's just me, but brisket on a burg seems kind of wasteful??

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It's only wasteful if you don't eat it.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

haha

I mean like, brisket by itself is great. But I feel like you cheapen brisket by throwing it on a burger? I will have to try this when it warms up some here

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Norns posted:

The gently caress kinda pub doesn't soak a bun in butter and grill it? Smh

I was pissed off to be fair, but then I started eating the meats, and all was right in the world. They'd done a good job, home made patty.

The brisket was smoked (probably not by the pub, because that's almost unheard of in the UK), and it definitely added to the burg.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

THE MACHO MAN posted:

haha

I mean like, brisket by itself is great. But I feel like you cheapen brisket by throwing it on a burger? I will have to try this when it warms up some here

It totally works. Brisket is even an ok cut to mix in if you're grinding your own burg mix.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Smart guy.

Better than the guy Pro Life that lives here in idaho.

Yes that's his legal name.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Im making burgers for my housemates tonight and am on the hunt for a good recipe.

I work at a club and our head chef gave me a recipe but I am dubious of its quality.

specifically just want the patty recipe as its DIY burgs but Im supplying all ingredients.

recipe I got:
500g Pork mince
500g Beef Mince
8 slices white bread no crust soaked in water
125g grated parmesan
parsley
2 eggs

mix together, pan fry slowly to preference.

thoughts?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

whoops wrong thread

uhh... that;s a lovely meatloaf recipe but imo leave out the bread

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Laserface posted:

Im making burgers for my housemates tonight and am on the hunt for a good recipe.

I work at a club and our head chef gave me a recipe but I am dubious of its quality.

specifically just want the patty recipe as its DIY burgs but Im supplying all ingredients.

recipe I got:
500g Pork mince
500g Beef Mince
8 slices white bread no crust soaked in water
125g grated parmesan
parsley
2 eggs

mix together, pan fry slowly to preference.

thoughts?

That sounds like OK meatballs.

If you want really good burgers just get fatty (80/20 or 75/15) ground beef and salt and pepper it well before smashing them in to blisteringly hot cast iron.
If you want a mixed cut of grinds then do something like equal parts sirloin + brisket + oxtail

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 25, 2016

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Gwaihir posted:

If you want really good burgers just get fatty (80/20 or 75/15) ground beef and salt and pepper it well before smashing them in to blisteringly hot cast iron.

This. Do this.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

yeah herbs and cheese are nice but imo get the basics down first which is just MEAT + HOT

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
We got some crazy lean ground beef for free a little while ago so to remedy that we diced up some really fatty bacon that was also cheap and threw it in. SO GOOD and as an added bonus when I reheat leftovers in the microwave it pops and hisses like crazy.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ok so fatty beef it is. Thanks lads. Will report back with pics.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Cheeseburger from Husk in Nashville. This was by loving far the best burger I've had in my life.

Every time I return to WI from a vacation I get the same thing. Culvers double butterburger with cheese and a side of curds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I need to go to Culvers more often (wife doesn't like it that much) and damnnnnnnnnnnnn that first burger looks amazing. Those potato dealios look fantastic too. Yes and yes please!

• Locked thread