Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

City of Glompton

Lizard Wizard posted:

special thanks to the manager who tried to pressure me into not taking a bathroom break. can i hold it? no, that's why i'm here, asking you for a bathroom break.

is there anything good about this job, because it sounds unpleasant :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe

im sorry liz wiz

City of Glompton

question: does my new cinnamon toothpick habit have bad side effects I'm not aware of? these things are delicious

eonwe

City of Glompton posted:

question: does my new cinnamon toothpick habit have bad side effects I'm not aware of? these things are delicious

if someone doesn't like cinammon then you may offend them with your cinnamon breath

eonwe

another bad side effect, they are so delicious you might get addicted to them and start turning tricks to get your next toothpick fix

City of Glompton

I can live without cinnamon haters in my life, and I'm buying cinnamon oil to make my own picks 4 cheap...sounds like I'll be safe! thank u!

City of Glompton fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 15, 2016

eonwe

cinnamon is the best

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
eonwe, since i didn't get the butt pic on my rapsheet, could you hit me with a sixer with this sib quote as the reason:

quote:

I'm a picture of a naked man stretching his anus with both hands, to approximately the width of his fist. The inside of his rectum is also clearly visible. Below his anus, his erect penis and scrotum are visible, as well as a golden wedding ring on the ring finger of his left hand.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

eonwe

Hogge Wild posted:

eonwe, since i didn't get the butt pic on my rapsheet, could you hit me with a sixer with this sib quote as the reason:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

that made me laugh out loud, so yes, yes you can have that

Scaly Haylie

City of Glompton posted:

is there anything good about this job, because it sounds unpleasant :(

it's fine, there's just a few people who are lovely

it's also not a sisyphean task like, say, keeping a wal-mart clean with three people

MrWillsauce

tell him to manage these nuts

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Lizard Wizard posted:

it's also not a sisyphean task like, say, keeping a wal-mart clean with three people

Two of my favorite jobs have been unloading trucks for Walmart, and being plainclothes shoplifter catcher. It's a decent place if you aren't on the floor doing piddly stuff. Sorry you have to deal with shitheads.

eonwe

I love my job now, but my favorite as far as my environment was my job renewing peoples leases (aka jacking up their rent)

that part was terrible, but I had so much freedom to do whatever, or if I didn't have work, to do nothing

I drank with my bosses, they bought me food all the time, etc

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Eonwe posted:

I love my job now, but my favorite as far as my environment was my job renewing peoples leases (aka jacking up their rent)

that part was terrible, but I had so much freedom to do whatever, or if I didn't have work, to do nothing

I drank with my bosses, they bought me food all the time, etc

Yeah the smoke shop is likely where I'll stay forever. The owner and coworkers are nice, the customers are usually friendly (and if they cause issues I'm free to tell them to get lost). People tip me weed and stuff which is just shocking, and I've made a ton of friends whereas I had none in this state till I started... I have no idea how I got so lucky.

Kinda sad my boss is leaving, which is why I'm getting to be the new boss, so I brought him tacos today and the other coworker left him a blueberry beer.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 15, 2016

City of Glompton

my current job is my favorite job. my most fun job was working newspaper prepress, though.

eonwe

working in a smoke shop sounds really fun

alnilam

I really like my current job of "scientist" but i can't wait to multiclass into a "professor" so i can teach :)

City of Glompton

Eonwe posted:

working in a smoke shop sounds really fun

agreed

Scathach

I really love it. It's the only job where I've been able to make decisions that affect the business and the people working there, which is a great feeling. Nice to make a positive impact and actually see it!

Also no one gets mad if I draw in between dealing with customers e or play bad music. everyone deserves a job they like going to

Scathach fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 15, 2016

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I work for an ISP and I really like my company but my coworkers are idiots and we're getting sold to some lovely European company.

Sadly all good things must come to an end :( :( :(

I like my job because I get to work with really big expensive technology with really really smart people in charge, and management are engineers first and managers second which can be fun at times. It can't be stated enough just how awesome it is to have a Director/VP who actually understand how everything works.

Still doesn't beat my coworkers in best buy though. The number of times I got drunk with my bosses are too many to count.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 15, 2016

eonwe

I wanted to work at an ISP

I got a CCNA, but I never really get any responses when I applied as a noc engineer

eonwe

Autocorrect changed noc to nice

A nice engineer seems very byob

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Eonwe posted:

Autocorrect changed noc to nice

A nice engineer seems very byob

that's basically what i'm paid to do but they changed my title from support engineer to support analyst so they can avoid giving me raises probably

Ostentatious

Update #3 From a hotel room in Austin (free breakfast)

I miss San Francisco :(

Free breakfast is still really awesome :)

FAT32 SHAMER

hello everyone

so far ive packed up most of my video shames in order to move house and ive thrown away a lot of knick knacks, but thehre's still a lot of basement left to go

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Did you happen to check your PMs recently?

Tusen Takk posted:

hello everyone

so far ive packed up most of my video shames in order to move house and ive thrown away a lot of knick knacks, but thehre's still a lot of basement left to go

:wave: Hi! :wave:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Eonwe posted:

another bad side effect, they are so delicious you might get addicted to them and start turning tricks to get your next toothpick fix

They make cinnamon flavored condoms, so it might be a win-win situation.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Robot Made of Meat posted:

They make cinnamon flavored condoms, so it might be a win-win situation.

**chops down a tree to make a 10 foot pole he won't touch that with**

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

MrWillsauce

is it a cinnamon tree

Scaly Haylie

don't you dare put cinnamon on your penis

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Eonwe posted:

I wanted to work at an ISP

I got a CCNA, but I never really get any responses when I applied as a noc engineer

Nice

I'm taking ICND1 next week and ICND2 in August.

Having a CCNA is a free pass for a job at my place because my director has a huge boner for cisco certs.

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I only got my job because I was lucky. The manager at the time went to the same school as me, and I was applying for a temp position, so the impression I got from him was "gently caress it, let's hire him and see what happens, we'll just fire him if he's dumb"

Turns out I was so not dumb they took me on full time.

Scathach

Lizard Wizard posted:

don't you dare put cinnamon on your penis for internet comedy

Scaly Haylie

can your dick swallow all this cinnamon without coughing?

the unabonger
i enjoy my job very much

pogi

I was going to go to a naked bicycle riding festival with this girl I like on Saturday, but she had to cancel.

Because somebody headbutted her in the face and she has a concussion now :stare:

Macnult

I dislocated my shoulder again on Monday and I feel like my summer has completely vanished.

pogi

Macnult posted:

I dislocated my shoulder again on Monday and I feel like my summer has completely vanished.

Hello destroyed shoulder buddy. I feel the same. I just want to go kayaking!

FluffieDuckie

Macnult posted:

Did you hurt yourself hitting someone like pogi did?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

pogi posted:

Hello destroyed shoulder buddy. I feel the same. I just want to go kayaking!

Yeah it's rough. I had a weekend of surfing ahead of me but now I'm meeting with my doctor tomorrow and getting ready to hear that I'll need surgery again.