Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
More things I like about V:
It feels like no matter what skills I develop it's always a good investment. I never worry that I'm wasting points.
Gloomy characters aren't so gloomy. I love the whole 'why worry about the pasts we left behind' concept that gets brought up early on and turns the more brooding characters into normal relatable bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What's the difference between the Gundam versus games and the battle operations ones?

I'm looking to get versus next week but im not very familiar with all the game modes or specifics of these games.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

Kingtheninja posted:

What's the difference between the Gundam versus games and the battle operations ones?

I'm looking to get versus next week but im not very familiar with all the game modes or specifics of these games.

The Gundam VS. games are fast-paced 2v2 arcade fighting games, where as the Battle Operations games are slower and more strategic.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Gundam Versus is a fighting game franchise, Battle Operation is more traditional action.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm finishing my second playthrough of V and I wish Ghuli will be saveable in OG, 20 years from now. He's one-note but fun.

Gottagofast.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kingtheninja posted:

Versus is a 3D fighting game, while Battle Operation is a 3rd Person Shooter

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Gundam Versus games look superficially like any old third person shooting/slashing action game but they are the successors to a Virtual-On, with its very specific kind of timing and dodging based PvP gameplay.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Will versus have the whole roster of suits available or do you have to unlock some?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kingtheninja posted:

Will versus have the whole roster of suits available or do you have to unlock some?
If by "unlock" you mean "pay money for DLC" then yeah there is unlocking. Otherwise no.

You have to unlock strikers though. And new pilots, but isn't that just a different voice set?

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I really don't like Nine's design in V.

Really really don't like it. Which is sad since the rest of the characters look really nice except the male protagonist. Oh and Ruri who has something weird about her face I can't quite put into words but it bothers me.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
So I just started a game of SRW GC - besides the Bernie secret, is there anything actually worth using the Capture mechanic on?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Simon The Digger posted:

So I just started a game of SRW GC - besides the Bernie secret, is there anything actually worth using the Capture mechanic on?

You can get some pretty good items by capturing stuff and it's funny to stick someone in an Apsalas but that's about it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Getsuya posted:

I really don't like Nine's design in V.

Really really don't like it. Which is sad since the rest of the characters look really nice except the male protagonist. Oh and Ruri who has something weird about her face I can't quite put into words but it bothers me.

Pretty sure that's just how Ruri has always been

I kinda wish they would have like, explained Nine's design at some point. Like OK she made herself a body somehow but did she dress herself too? Did she get advice from someone with weird tastes?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I like Nine's design but if she got her inspiration from the people she was around she spent the early game with mostly the Yamato crew

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah the fact that she is the recipient of a bunch of really stupid anime ideas is absolutely central to her character.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah my main point is that she wasn't around anyone who dressed all weird steampunk goth before she decided that was her look, so it kinda ruins the fun of her shtick in that particular instance. like if aquarion was in the game and shed met the goth girl from that itd make sense.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Didn't Nine only create her physical avatar AFTER they arrived on the AU Gundam/Might Gaine/Zambot/Daitairn/Nadesico/Cross Ange world though?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Didn't Nine only create her physical avatar AFTER they arrived on the AU Gundam/Might Gaine/Zambot/Daitairn/Nadesico/Cross Ange world though?

theres no goth girls in any of those shows either

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

They probably talked about how much they wanted a goth girl around where she could hear them.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Endorph posted:

Maybe not, but Nine could have picked up the look from observing their culture

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Samurai Sanders posted:

They probably talked about how much they wanted a goth girl around where she could hear them.

"That feel when no goth gf", sighed Captain Juzo Okita

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Getsuya posted:

Oh and Ruri who has something weird about her face I can't quite put into words but it bothers me.

I don't mind Ruri's look for the most part but her pre upgrade cut in for the gravity blast is pretty dire.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Sep 24, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

"That feel when no goth gf", sighed Captain Juzo Okita

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It was Gaine, actually.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Caphi posted:

It was Gaine, actually.

Probably explains why the Brave Express have no girl robots. Maito was going to have a goth lady-bot made but then Gaine met Nine and Maito didn't need to.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Instead he got a goth brother.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I insist it's funnier if it's Okita.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Blockhouse posted:

I insist it's funnier if it's Okita.

It's funnier, but I ship GainexNine, so I'm going with Gaine.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Inferno-sama posted:

It's funnier, but I ship GainexNine, so I'm going with Gaine.

I insist the good brave robot boys are completely pure.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I also feel that a character wearing a mash-up of two punk/counterculture fashions going around asking pure-hearted questions about justice and whether robots have souls clashes just a little.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Caphi posted:

It's a pure and good relationship.

Nine is cool imo.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Getsuya posted:

I also feel that a character wearing a mash-up of two punk/counterculture fashions going around asking pure-hearted questions about justice and whether robots have souls clashes just a little.

I think the gears are just gears, because Nine is fundamentally a manufacturing machine. I guess she's a goth because she's an incomplete entity and the one thing she's missing is love?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Caphi posted:

What exactly is impure about love?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

She saw Black Getter and the Crossbone and asked herself "Could I make something more over the top than that?"

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
They really missed an opportunity by not having paid DLC Nine alternate costumes.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Getsuya posted:

They really missed an opportunity by not having paid DLC Nine alternate costumes.

I think that's a can of worms better left unopened.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Brunom1 posted:

I think that's a can of worms better left unopened.

Agreed but someone at Bandai is kicking themselves right now for not having thought of that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Instead of V2, how about a V Gaiden, covering the backstory of Might Gaine world.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
So the NES game Wall Street Kid, but you play as Senpuuji Might?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://www.twitch.tv/onmi_khaos Streaming the finale of Alpha Gaiden

Well that's finally over, now what to play next. I'm thinking maybe a Battle Network game, or going through my steam Library. Or maybe going back to Kessen III

Onmi fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 25, 2017

• Locked thread