Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Spoiler for season 18 cast

quote:

Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aléshé
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones

Another year of longing for Paul F. Tompkins to show up on the show, smh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, I'm looking forward to number 4 and very curious to see how they handle 5. No idea who the first three are.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Number three is a very witty person, and a very punny person. Proper clever. Should be interesting.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm awful with names but I do know 1 and 3, it turns out after mild googling. Can't say I'm terribly excited about either, but they should be at least okay based on what I know of their output. Looking forward to seeing 4 in action, too.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Ah, been dreading the possibility one of those contestants for a bit, but the others hopefully will counterbalance.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Didn’t Jack Dee join the Free Speech Union?

fezball
Nov 8, 2009
I'm quite the fan of Andy Zaltzman's work on the Bugle, but I wonder how he'll work on TM. But even if he sucks, that will give at least give Nish who is a regular guest there a lot of ammunition so it's a no-lose situation I guess.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Didn’t Jack Dee join the Free Speech Union?
Really? Ugh.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That lineup doesn’t fill me with confidence. I still think of Zaltzman as “John Oliver’s pun-loving friend” and Rosie Jones has the worst joke delivery I’ve ever seen.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oof, I’m not excited for that lineup at all.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'm looking forward to Seat 1, Seat 5 will be interesting, and Seat 4 I have no respect for at all.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah that's gotta be the least interested I've ever been in a lineup. 2 and 3 could be good but otherwise no thank you.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I don't expect to enjoy #5 but the TM crew do a good job showing most contestants to their best. Plus the online conversation is going to be toxic as hell.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
I'm proper pumped for Zaltzman, he will either thrive or poo poo the bed and either way I'm here for it

thehustler posted:

Anyone else got a "Taskmaster's Birthday" entry in their calendar for tomorrow? :)

https://www.taskmastersbirthday.com/

holy hell it's just as exciting as i was expecting

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 14, 2024

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
I like plenty of those names and I'm quite excited. Never heard of Emma

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
If I had to pick one to win, it'll probably be Babatunde but I am excited to see Jack Dee play bored old guy who leaves the Taskmaster House like he did Big Brother but the one that I might think is polarizing is Rosie, so much hatred of her, during Big Fat Quiz, I hate to see what happens when there is some sort of discussion, or when she does poorly on a challenge, as is common

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

TelevisedInsanity posted:

If I had to pick one to win, it'll probably be Babatunde but I am excited to see Jack Dee play bored old guy who leaves the Taskmaster House like he did Big Brother but the one that I might think is polarizing is Rosie, so much hatred of her, during Big Fat Quiz, I hate to see what happens when there is some sort of discussion, or when she does poorly on a challenge, as is common

I really wonder how they’re going to handle physical challenges this season. It seems like a fundamental problem for the show to have one contestant where it’s not funny if they fall down.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Gripweed posted:

I really wonder how they’re going to handle physical challenges this season. It seems like a fundamental problem for the show to have one contestant where it’s not funny if they fall down.

I did notice that for the New Year's Treat this year they did set tasks that could all be completed while sitting, presumably as not to disadvantage Lenny Rush, but it’s a lot harder to do that for a full season.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

lets go swimming posted:

I'm proper pumped for Zaltzman, he will either thrive or poo poo the bed and either way I'm here for it

This, I never even expected that he was on the radar for this show and hoo boy.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Just saw a cut up of Cats Does Countdown, was the first time I'd seen him in years, but I had not expected Jack Dee to have evolved into an old Frasier Crane

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Umbrella.

(Team task) I remember the beginning of the season when I thought Steve might have a shot at winning. How young and foolish I was

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
“I don’t like it!” :gonk:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Umbrella!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Episode ruled. I laughed, I cried, I umbrella, I wrenched in horror.

I haven't been as keen on this season, but task for umbrella task this was incredible. One of the best one's in recent seasons.

Joanne killing the mannequin in a task about making the mannequin alive. Incredible.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 17, 2024

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Really enjoyed this one. It was a mess, but in a good way. The present(s) task was also really good.

Steve and Nick heard bonus points and all but ignored the task as a result.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That team task might have been Nick at his most adorable.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The best episode of the series. Every task was solid, a lot of variety, and, of course, a bonus task for everyone!

Sophie's audaciousness with the bonus task deserved to be rewarded more, imo. Maybe 2 more points for every 5 extra umbrellas.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's hilarious that not a single one of them realised the others were acting weird. Although Nick is far too polite to question a man of advanced years having a nice lie down.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Steve Pemberton deciding to just go full unsettling horror with the mannequin was all I ever wanted from him. I think Alex probably did not sleep well that night.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Irisi posted:

Steve Pemberton deciding to just go full unsettling horror with the mannequin was all I ever wanted from him. I think Alex probably did not sleep well that night.

His approach was the one I thought would be the most entertaining, but his execution was far more disturbing than I'd ever imagine.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Huh, this was a Reddit post from over a year ago. The user now no longer exists…

S18 spoiler:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, this was a Reddit post from over a year ago. The user now no longer exists…

S18 spoiler:

I don't know how far in advance contestants know who else is going to participate, but there's a good chances the account belonged to one of them.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Paladinus posted:

I don't know how far in advance contestants know who else is going to participate, but there's a good chances the account belonged to one of them.

I'd say it's more likely that it was a runner, someone from cstering, some rando who saw them outside the house or just someone living nearby.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

not a bot posted:

I'd say it's more likely that it was a runner, someone from cstering, some rando who saw them outside the house or just someone living nearby.

Or Alex playing his little games.

Somec
Jul 15, 2006

Sophie's "I didn't know it was supposed to be entertaining" is a candidate for season title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd7eaxP8xEE&t=940s

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m starting to get legit worried that Sophie has learning difficulties and therefore laughing at her is problematic

The umbrella thing was easily the funniest part of this season so far though

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m starting to get legit worried that Sophie has learning difficulties and therefore laughing at her is problematic

The umbrella thing was easily the funniest part of this season so far though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ahrUUZ-D9Y&t=340s

I'm starting to think we shouldn't be laughing at [contestant]

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Did I miss why Joann being adopted led to her having a squishy nose?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

It wasn't due to being adopted, but it was an identifying characteristic that she could use to test to see if someone was one of her actual parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I think she was trying to say that this was how she found out she was adopted because it's a hereditary condition.