Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

No Bobson or Sleve, 2/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

bike tory posted:

Can someone photoshop Bobson Dugnutt on there so we can all get on with our lives

I prefer Dobson Bugnutt.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

dialhforhero posted:

I also get really excited at the idea that Trapper's last name is Keeper.

Also I see Kase and think two things:

Käse (German for cheese)

And an alternate universe there is a college named Kase Westurn Resyrve.

You know it's pronounced "kay-cee".

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Besesoth posted:

Zerachiel is an archangel, according to Enoch I.

It's also the name of a Gundam.

I'll let you guess which reference the parents are making. :sigh:

The Zerachiel Gundam showed up like two years ago in a manga that hasn't been released outside of Japan and isn't' available in English. Those parents are hardcore

https://twitter.com/wolvy20/status/1158992188849573889?s=20

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
As a teacher who has to learn bajillions of students' names, I gotta say I find the more interesting and unique names to be cool and useful. Last year we had four Jesuses and three Jonathans. Boring and confusing. I'm glad that white people are finally getting on the cool names train. You might find them strange but Eilee is better than another fuckin' Samantha.

Except Reagyn, of course. That's tantamount to child abuse.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

As someone who works in gift shops, these names are bad because the parents who chose them whine that they can't find their kid's names on any personalized items on a daily basis and I hate it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Picnic Princess posted:

As someone who works in gift shops, these names are bad because the parents who chose them whine that they can't find their kid's names on any personalized items on a daily basis and I hate it.

They're all out of Bort

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

I would suggest the chicken thread(I assume there is one, this IS sa)

Backyard chicken keeping thread - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3417601

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I didn't find a personalized anything with my name on it until I went to England when I was 10. I saved that purple octopus keychain in a shoebox until I was old enough to drive.

Also the lifetime of correcting people on spelling/pronunciation sucks!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Iron Crowned posted:

They're all out of Bort

It's too loving real and it's so much more relevant today than when they made that joke.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Picnic Princess posted:

My name is also Bort uncommon enough to never find souvenirs as a kid.

It got more popular when I was a teenager though so nowadays I can find it a lot more often.

Edit: looking at the Social Security site it's gotten a lot less popular in the last 5 years. :( I guess those keychains will vanish soon.

Although my name has always been more popular in parts of Europe.

Zero One has a new favorite as of 20:36 on Aug 12, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
One of the few times having a "biblical" name rules

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's better than ~200 years ago when like 8 in 10 males was named John

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

DontMockMySmock posted:

As a teacher who has to learn bajillions of students' names, I gotta say I find the more interesting and unique names to be cool and useful. Last year we had four Jesuses and three Jonathans. Boring and confusing. I'm glad that white people are finally getting on the cool names train. You might find them strange but Eilee is better than another fuckin' Samantha.

Except Reagyn, of course. That's tantamount to child abuse.

You're a teacher and have to make an effort though. The experience those kids will have outside of the classroom will be something else entirely.

I say it with a great deal of confidence: do not give your children such names unless you want them to use their more average middle name as soon as they can, because you'll be doing them no favours. I'm an immigrant whose first name is reasonably common in Eastern Europe but is unfamiliar enough in the US to cause people's brains to short-circuit. Just calling for takeout becomes a struggle when dealing with even the most well-intentioned of people. Let's not get into the obvious issues of dealing with prejudiced fucks.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Data Graham posted:

It's better than ~200 years ago when like 8 in 10 males was named John

https://youtu.be/WQv99sEPDsw

https://youtu.be/qVh2Qw5KSFg

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Trabant posted:

You're a teacher and have to make an effort though. The experience those kids will have outside of the classroom will be something else entirely.

I say it with a great deal of confidence: do not give your children such names unless you want them to use their more average middle name as soon as they can, because you'll be doing them no favours. I'm an immigrant whose first name is reasonably common in Eastern Europe but is unfamiliar enough in the US to cause people's brains to short-circuit. Just calling for takeout becomes a struggle when dealing with even the most well-intentioned of people. Let's not get into the obvious issues of dealing with prejudiced fucks.

Based on those names, these kids won't have to deal with prejudice. Worst they'll have to deal is saying things like "Give me a venti soy latte, extra foam. Name is Jennifer but with all Ys."

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Based on those names, these kids won't have to deal with prejudice. Worst they'll have to deal is saying things like "Give me a venti soy latte, extra foam. Name is Jennifer but with all Ys."

Yyyyyyyy?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

In my class I have three kids called Tom/Thomas, two Charlottes, and two Jacks. And it's a pretty diverse school.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jack is more common these days as its own name than as a nickname for John, it seems.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/8klxnf/the_full_fighting_baseball_snes_rosters_more_than/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Someone made a spreadsheet of the entire Fighting Baseball roster.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My 2nd/3rd grade class had two Erins and an Aaron. They all sound the same when you're 8.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
https://twitter.com/Yadda_xyz/status/1160334836445433860?s=20

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My department has a Kristen, Kristin, and Kristyn.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Detective No. 27 posted:

What I can't understand is, if you're going to go with a wacky "creative" spelling to show off what a free-thinking individualist you are, why wouldn't you just pick a more uncommon name to begin with.

I lost track of the number of different variations on Caitlyn/Kaitlyn/Caytlyn/etc I grew up with.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Just call all your kids Siobhan

edit: it's the cool kids' way to spell Joan

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Detective No. 27 posted:

And here I am trying not to be rude to Celica.

Oh wait, poo poo why would I ever speak ill of her name?

It's just hard to bring up in polite conversation.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

Yyyyyyyy?

Nnnnnnn.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

HenryEx posted:

Just call all your kids Siobhan

edit: it's the cool kids' way to spell Joan

I'll nawk some teeth out for that one though

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Illegal Hen

Zero One posted:

My name is also Bort uncommon enough to never find souvenirs as a kid.

It got more popular when I was a teenager though so nowadays I can find it a lot more often.

Edit: looking at the Social Security site it's gotten a lot less popular in the last 5 years. :( I guess those keychains will vanish soon.

Although my name has always been more popular in parts of Europe.

I'm sorry your parents named you Adolf.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

"How's it going, C-Word?"

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Adolfo is an incredibly common name in (to the surprise of noone) Argentina

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

It's not her fault that a body kit and wing were installed at the factory. Still slow though.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Picnic Princess posted:

Whoah, check out this person. They don't just work in a gift shop, they work in gift shops. Plural.

When head office calls, and they need up to and including 5 units of miniature maple syrup jugs, or bumper stickers that say "I'd rather be farting!", moved off shelves STAT, they call Picnic "Multishops" Princess.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
Reagan was evil and a war criminal but naming your child Reagyn is a good troll on rich liberals

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I worked at a middle school last year and there were lots of Ayden/Brayden/Caydens and a series of Madison’s with increasingly more Ys

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
WHAT'S SO HARD ABOUT MACHKAIYALIAEGHAYLINNH

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

I work in a doctors’ office and we get some loving naaaaaames man. And then people get mad when you ask how they spell their son Jaxsyn’s name. gently caress.

Original names are fine but why the gently caress would you spell an established name in a new and awful way.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Whoah, check out this person. They don't just work in a gift shop, they work in gift shops. Plural.

When head office calls, and they need up to and including 5 units of miniature maple syrup jugs, or bumper stickers that say "I'd rather be farting!", moved off shelves STAT, they call Picnic "Multishops" Princess.

Um, yeah, we have 4 separate stores at the place I work and all the staff rotates between them. Sometimes on the same day. I'm sorry you find this outrageous. You'd be surprised how many millions of dollars in sales all that crap makes in a year too. (No, not Disney).

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This seems like a weird rant. Maybe go for a walk outside or something and relax a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

:chloe: