Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The N64 controller is big enough you could probably fit the microconsole inside of there, though I don't know how you'd handle multiplayer in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Do you get paid more in canada?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

The N64 controller is big enough you could probably fit the microconsole inside of there, though I don't know how you'd handle multiplayer in that case.

The 3DO, of all things, had the second controller plug into the first one, which was in turn plugged into the console. It also had a headphone jack in the controller.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Your cable outs could be in the rumble pack area

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Wasn't there a Chinese only N64 that worked like this?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

lelandjs posted:

The 3DO, of all things, had the second controller plug into the first one, which was in turn plugged into the console. It also had a headphone jack in the controller.

The Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad, which for a time looked like it might finally give the PC a standard gamepad layout, did a similar thing. A MIDI/joystick port on the back that let you daisy chain four of them. How you comfortably sat 4 people around a PC in 1998 without some bonkers Gateway Destination setup, I have no idea.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

ChaseSP posted:

How's Runner 3? Played the hell out of Runner 1 and 2 so curious how it is

It's a lot like 2 with some very annoying design decisions. I'm still enjoying it and I've almost finished the standard levels (it's shorter), but it could definitely use another round of testing and polish. Runs well on Switch but with n4oticeably jagged edges.

I also haven't unlocked Reverse Merman yet and am starting to think he might not be playable, which would sour me on the whole game tbqh. Probably wait for it to go on sale and maybe get some updates.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Reality Loser posted:

I remember someone in a Seattle mall selling knockoff N64 controllers with a bunch of ROMs in them that hooked up to your TV . I called Nintendo and told them, and the kiosk wasn't there by the next week. Long story short, I'm a cop?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Reality Loser posted:

Yep. The iQue Player.

It plugged directly into the TV, but a console-style "Swim Box" multitap peripheral was made available for plugging additional "Swim Controllers" in for multiplayer.

Games were purchased either from kiosks at gas stations, or via an online service that only worked with Windows XP and was discontinued in 2016.

14 games were released for it, all Chinese-translated versions of N64 games previously released in other regions, with some additional bugfixes here and there.

iQue still exists as a Nintendo subsidiary in China. Their most recent release was the iQue 3DS XL, which was basically a Chinese-language-only 3DS XL with no eShop, two games pre-installed (Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7) and no other titles available unless you import from Hong Kong (in which case the library expands to a whopping 14 compatible titles)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheScott2K posted:

How you comfortably sat 4 people around a PC in 1998 without some bonkers Gateway Destination setup, I have no idea.

LOL if you didn't have 4 player Scorched Earth games going on every day, crowded around your Computer Cabinet

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The Bloop posted:

LOL if you didn't have 4 player Scorched Earth games going on every day, crowded around your Computer Cabinet

Every morning in high school was that

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Funfact about the iQue, it's allowed for speedrunning N64 games due to being an official Nintendo realease, and is infact the best option for Ocarina of Time speedruns due to a better frame rate

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ChaseSP posted:

Funfact about the iQue, it's allowed for speedrunning N64 games due to being an official Nintendo realease, and is infact the best option for Ocarina of Time speedruns due to a better frame rate

I think it’s also due to text going by faster as well.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone ever taken the apk file from the Super Mario Galaxy android release on that Chinese-only Nintendo android thing? I'm not advocating piracy but I'd love to see an official Nintendo port on my phone and I'm surprised I can't find it anywhere on the internet netherregions

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Using an S/NES Classic as a homebrew box seemed really appealing at first but then I looked it up and it turned out that the on-board space was bad so I couldn't play Snatcher on one so instead I Built A Raspberry Pi which cost like $150 (for all the parts) and can play everything up to PS1 instead. It's like a fun hobbyist project too. You get the case and the charger and the card and flash the OS onto the card and do all these neat little things and now I can play Snatcher and Space Pirate Cobra on my TV with a fancy customized Sega CD theme.

lol space pirate cobra i forgot that existed. as i recall the solution to everything was using his totally sick psychic arm gun. also women in space don’t wear pants

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I think that looking back on it, almost the only N64 games I want to play again are Pilotwings 64 and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Over There posted:

Do you get paid more in canada?

Yes and no. Minimum wage is $14 in Ontario, but the Canadian dollar is worth just above 76¢ US, which is like $10.60 then. New games are $80 here now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Princeps32 posted:

lol space pirate cobra i forgot that existed. as i recall the solution to everything was using his totally sick psychic arm gun. also women in space don’t wear pants

It rules. I watched the Retsupurae thing for it years back and just started watching the anime (the entire series is on YouTube subbed) which turns out is what the Sega CD game is based on but has even more pantsless women and crazy sci-fi bullshit going on.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The only thing I know for sure is that if the N64 Mini turns out to be real Mischief Makers will still get snubbed from it. :(

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Policenaut posted:

It rules. I watched the Retsupurae thing for it years back and just started watching the anime (the entire series is on YouTube subbed) which turns out is what the Sega CD game is based on but has even more pantsless women and crazy sci-fi bullshit going on.

All of the Cobra stuff is on HIDIVE, alongside LotGH!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Takoluka posted:

All of the Cobra stuff is on HIDIVE, alongside LotGH!!

Yeah I just looked now and it has all this stuff but not the original 31 episode series so when I finish that I'll probably sign up for the free trial and watch the newer stuff! Thanks!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

WilliamAnderson posted:

Yes and no. Minimum wage is $14 in Ontario, but the Canadian dollar is worth just above 76¢ US, which is like $10.60 then. New games are $80 here now.

I mean, min wage is $8 where I live and that's above average for the US so you come out ahead I'd say. I was making $8.25 working at GameStop before I quit. PSA: Don't work at GameStop.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

JordanKai posted:

The only thing I know for sure is that if the N64 Mini turns out to be real Mischief Makers will still get snubbed from it. :(

Shake shake!

:sigh:

If there's an N64 Mini, and if you can sideload games, I'm willing to bet the emulator still needs a bunch of tweaks on a game by game basis and everything not natively on the system will run like crap.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

N64 Classic games list leaked

Perfect, I will fight anyone who says this is a bad game.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Leal posted:

Perfect, I will fight anyone who says this is a bad game.

Man dies after challenging almost everyone on Earth to a fight.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Not Operator posted:

Man dies after challenging almost everyone on Earth to a fight.

MI:17

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Has anyone ever taken the apk file from the Super Mario Galaxy android release on that Chinese-only Nintendo android thing? I'm not advocating piracy but I'd love to see an official Nintendo port on my phone and I'm surprised I can't find it anywhere on the internet netherregions

Those Shield-exclusive ports usually take advantage of the fact that Tegras GPU driver provides a full desktop-like OpenGL stack, so it probably wouldn't work on your phone. Android devices typically only support the more limited OpenGL ES API.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/999354007599509504

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
collector's editions are stupid, but I want that tank

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Please be good, VC4.

Please, for me.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

wrong thread

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Did anyone ever make a 3D printed case for a 7 in Android tablet to use the joycons on the sides? Wouldn't be a bad option without having to get your Switch console banned as I been seeing in the other thread.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
English trailer for GOD WARS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqjTAojEVnk

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Not Operator posted:

Please be good, VC4.

Please, for me.

Game's already out in Japan, it's not hard to look for importer impressions.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rirse posted:

Did anyone ever make a 3D printed case for a 7 in Android tablet to use the joycons on the sides? Wouldn't be a bad option without having to get your Switch console banned as I been seeing in the other thread.

Has someone come up with a good android solution to unify the joycons pairing and being treated as two separate controllers? Otherwise you'd need some pretty specific profiles set up on a per-app basis for it to work well, I would think

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
anime

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I haven't bought a mini yet but if the N64 mini has F-Zero X DD I will be buying it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

So, on the one hand, I really want to support releases of this game, and Sega's been in my good graces recently because of Yakuza. On the other hand, I can't convince myself to spend money on a vinyl tank from a game that I haven't even played yet. But still, Sega's doing some good these days with its non-Sonic releases.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

FirstAidKite posted:

N64 Classic games list leaked

Needs more variety, put Starcraft 64 on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

repiv posted:

Those Shield-exclusive ports usually take advantage of the fact that Tegras GPU driver provides a full desktop-like OpenGL stack, so it probably wouldn't work on your phone. Android devices typically only support the more limited OpenGL ES API.

Ah OK, thanks. I was just really curious as to what a legit Nintendo android port would be like. There's surprisingly almost no info about it online except the reports that it was coming out.

I especially want to know if they converted the source code or if it's an emulator or something. And if it's an emulator, does it have special hacks like Nintendo did with the n64 VC releases.

• Locked thread