Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Invictus posted:

this shirt from today's Ript 24-hour shirts got a chuckle from me. I completely forgot about the movie "We're Back!" but for whatever god drat reason I immediately recognized the poses of the dinobots as from the cover of that

I guess, though some of those N-Strike ones get pretty real looking if you were to paint them black or whatever.

There’s a whole tradition of cheaper sci-fi shows just painting up Nerf guns to make weaponry.

Terra Nova:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One of the BSG prop guys used to post on SA, he used all sorts of NERF parts to build stuff.

I gave in and preordered the Quietus reissue. Fuckin Fans Toys.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Rhyno posted:

One of the BSG prop guys used to post on SA, he used all sorts of NERF parts to build stuff.

I gave in and preordered the Quietus reissue. Fuckin Fans Toys.

Oh poo poo! This saved me like $100, thanks. I’ve been going hardcore on collecting up movie toys and all the eBay Quietuses (Quieti? Quietipedes?) are like $250.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh yeah, sold out FT stuff skyrockets in price so drat fast it's nuts. I figure they're gonna re-release Sovereign again by years end with a more film accurate paint.

But probably never the Insecticons because too many people want those.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Oh yeah, sold out FT stuff skyrockets in price so drat fast it's nuts. I figure they're gonna re-release Sovereign again by years end with a more film accurate paint.

I just paid the late tax on a Sovereign. Please no. i mean sure okay more people should have the nice thing The Insecticons are super ridiculous. The lowest I’ve seen them was $600 for the set on a FB group. I just did the $100 MMC ones with some Toyhax labels; I can live with this compromise.

Siege is pretty cool guys:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I also did th MMC Insecticons and they're pretty excellent once labeled. I've been knocking out MP bots left and right, hoping to complete the S1-3 Autobots by the end of the year.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

For MP, I’m going through S1&2 and stopping at the movie (don’t look at my UT Provider). I don’t want to deal with the citybots or Sky Lynx and a few others.

Okay also God Ginrai jeez

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
City bots will probably never get satisfying MPs so I will survive with the Hasbro ones as stand ins. They live on the upper shelf anyways. And I love Victory and Masterforce too much to not get as many MPs of them as I can.

Edit: Early arrival, didn't expect this til Thursday!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 9, 2019

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

I'm beginning to wonder if something happened to the Insecticon molds. Seems like easy money for them.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

My FP Kickback broke the first time I transformed it. And not in the fragile chrome clips that everyone else's broke on, which I was being extra-careful of, but in the thin plastic part that slides the arm into the back. I was able to super glue it back together and thankfully the break's hidden in both modes, but I know it's there. I'll always know.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Looks like my Ectotron preorder thru Pulse is back on. They got back to me and said it was canceled in error, so they were reserving one for like a week. They sent a invoice in the email and all I had to do was re-enter my payment info.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Those sure are some colours on Lancer.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
That's... uh...

When I was in my teens and playing Harlequins in 40k I painted them those colours because I was aiming for "make your eyeballs puke".

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The_Doctor posted:

I kinda like it, but then I'm a sucker for Halloween colors on robots

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

Ah, I see they have opted to go with the "2002 My First Megaman 7 Sprite Recolor In MSPaint" style of coloration

Arquinsiel posted:

That's... uh...

When I was in my teens and playing Harlequins in 40k I painted them those colours because I was aiming for "make your eyeballs puke".
The term is "Eye-Searing"

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Aw man is that the last elita 1 combiner limb? That's hideous.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean. That’s what Lancer looks like.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I got a package today!

https://imgur.com/a/WuLsuwf

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TR overlord is pretty great:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've seen a lot of people say they're going to use Siege Jetfire as an MP stand in and it just doesn't compare.

It's a great figure but it's not MP.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Why must you ruin my plans?

It doesn’t help that I find Jetfire so aggressively boring.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 10, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's just too goddamn greebley!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's not Jetfire, anyway. It's clearly Skyfire. :colbert:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
What does Lancer even turn into? Like this doesn't seem far off..

https://twitter.com/toygrind/status/1148928686114189312

Edit: Signal Lancer obviously turns into a traffic light

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 10, 2019

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I've seen a lot of people say they're going to use Siege Jetfire as an MP stand in and it just doesn't compare.

Not even close, very few figures compare to FT Phoenix. But it's still the best official Skyfire yet. Maybe ever, depending on what the future holds for the line.

Also fold his drat ailerons out, son.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 10, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I didn't realize his wings had things! His transformation is super easy.

Unlike this fucker

Those rear legs are a biiiiiitch. But he's so good. One mode down.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Toyhax/Reprolabels are all 40% off today.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Toyhax/Reprolabels are all 40% off today.

Oh you rear end in a top hat.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Oh you rear end in a top hat.

It's alright, it's back down to 30% off already. Honestly, they've got to stop dicking about with their discounts like it's the goddamn NASDAQ or something.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

if folks are interested, Big Bad Toy Store has Warbotron for $170 USD.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Hey friends, still got a lot of bots for sale. Check out the Gdoc for images; here is a big list of bots and prices.

All toys are loose, in very good to great condition, without instructions, and without all accessories unless otherwise noted. Smoke free home. Shipping to Canada and US only; shipping is NOT included. I'll give you a shipping estimate; once payment is received via PayPal, I'll send.

First come, first serve. No trades. PM if you’re interested!

Masterpiece:
MP-08 Grimlock – With original packaging, card, and instructions; Missing one piece from tray and bow tie, includes flames for sword, crown, and all other accessories- $90
MP-10 Optimus Prime – With original packaging and instructions and all accessories, including Roller, Matrix, Energy Axe, and Spike. Repaired Flap on back/Grillplate is a bit loose - $175

3rd Party:
Fansproject City Commander Set – Includes Classics Ultra Magnus (w/ all guns), With original packaging and instructions - $90

Fansproject Steel Core - With original packaging and instructions and accessories - $80
Fansproject Defender - With original packaging and instructions and accessories - $40
(Defender and Steel Core Above for $110)

CHUG:

Optimus Primal (10th Anniversary) - $30
Rhinox - With instructions and accessories - $25
Rattrap - With instructions and accessories - $20
Waspinator - With instructions and accessories - $20
(Rhinox, Rattrap, Waspinator together - $55)
Scourge - With instructions and accessories - $20
Skybyte - With instructions - $15
Classics Bumblebee - With instructions and accessories - $20
Leader Jetfire - With instructions and accessories - $45
Arcee – With instructions and accessories - $25
Chromia - with instructions and accessories - $15
Junkheap – With acccessories - $10
Minicon Assault Team - With instructions and accessories - $10
Bumblebee & Blazemaster (Scout) - With instructions and accessories - $10
Nemesis Prime (Legends) - $5
Thundercracker (Legends) - $5

War For/Fall of Cybertron:
Bumblebee – With Instructions & Accessories - $15
Shockwave – With Instructions & Accessories - $15

Combiner Wars:
Titan Class Devastator - $170 – With instructions & accessories; he is missing the removable barrel of his gun
Optimus Prime Voyager - With instructions and accessories - $30
Defensor Complete Set - With instructions for Rook, Streetwise, Hot Spot, and Blades, all guns and weapons, and Hand/Feet Defensor accessories - $105
Menasor Complete Set – With instructions and accessories for all - $105
Firefly - With instructions and accessories - $15

Animated:
Voyager Optimus Prime - With instructions and accessories - $15
Grimlock – With accessories - $20
Slag - With accessories - $20
Swoop - With accessories - $20
(All Three Dinobots - $50)
Rodimus Minor - $20
Soundwave - With accessories and instructions - $15
Lockdown - With accessories -$ 15
Oil Slick - With accessories -$15
Prowl - With accessories -$20
Takara Ironhide/Bulkhead (metallic green Bulkhead) - $35
Atomic Lugnut - With instructions and accessories - $25
Wreck-Gar - $20
(All Animated - $200)

Prime:
Takara Voyager Breakdown w/Micron and instructions - $185
Takara - Terrorcon Cliffjumper with arms micron and instructions -$70; stickers haven’t aged well
Voyager Starscream – $25
Soundwave – With Instructions & Accessories, w/Laserbeak - $35
Air Vehicon (Legends) - $10
Bulkhead (Legends) - $10
Sharkticon Megatron - With instructions and accessories - $20
Legends Abominus - With instructions and accessories - $20

Movie Toys:
ROTF Prime Core Mudslinger & Bombshock – With instructions and eight little limb vehicle dudes - $20
HFTD Hubcap - $10
Dinobot Slug – With instructions and accessories - $10
Dinobot Slog - With instructions and accessories - $15
Dinobot Snarl - With instructions and accessories - $10
Dinobot Scorn - With instructions and accessories - $10
All Above Dinobots - $35
DOTM Megatron - With instructions and accessories - $20
AOE Voyager Hound - With instructions and accessories - $20
Studio Series Blackout - With instructions and accessories - $30
Evasion Mode Optimus Prime - With instructions and accessories - $25

G1/Other
Pretenders Landmine – With all accessories - $35
Beast Wars Megatron - $40
RID Drift - $10 - with swords

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Yeah but can you flip the faction symbol around on that one with the weird elbows and skinny biceps?

well can you

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

You're right, the Siege version has much more detailing :)

Seriously though, I got my Pulse shipment yesterday, and while Jet/Skyfire looks awesome in robot mode, his plane mode's kind of incoherent. Lots of little gaps and spaces that could really have used some fold-out panels to bring the whole thing together. But they were clearly going for robot toon accuracy, so oh well.

Also I did inadvertently preorder Springer twice, so if anyone wants one for MSRP ($30) + shipping let me know.

Dawgstar posted:

if folks are interested, Big Bad Toy Store has Warbotron for $170 USD.
I will sell my transformed-once-and-put-back-in-original-box, non-KO, Warbotron for $100 (plus shipping). I can't get rid of the drat thing.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yeah but can you flip the faction symbol around on that one with the weird elbows and skinny biceps?

well can you

No, but you can swap them, as it comes with two for that specific purpose.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Knormal posted:

I will sell my transformed-once-and-put-back-in-original-box, non-KO, Warbotron for $100 (plus shipping). I can't get rid of the drat thing.

Admittedly when I saw this first posted in the 3P FB group people said it still wasn't worth it, and there was a better KO version.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Warbo Bruticus is another example of too many goddamn greebles. Even the KO doesnt really look all that good anymore. You can get a full Zeta set for $300 on a good day and it's a far better Bruticus in every way.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Warbo Bruticus is another example of too many goddamn greebles. Even the KO doesnt really look all that good anymore. You can get a full Zeta set for $300 on a good day and it's a far better Bruticus in every way.

I will never get rid of Warbotron but he really doesn't fit the aesthetic of...well, anything. With some weathering he could kind of fit in with Siege. But he's no MP candidate the way Zeta is.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
wasn't it warbotron where vortex's propeller slammed into the tailfin for no reason?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

wasn't it warbotron where vortex's propeller slammed into the tailfin for no reason?
Yeah. It's also the company that made a terrible Computron that didn't sell and then reportedly changed their name.

That Computron has some of the best 3P names. Speed Wheel, Laser Cannon, Hammer Sharpener and Turbo Ejector. It's hard to be even dorkier than base Computron but they managed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I’m keeping Warbotron for the same reason I’m keeping the rest of my outdated 3P combiners—I ain’t got no room for those gigantic MP scale dudes, even if they’re cool as gently caress.

All I need is a Defensor and a Monstructor. Are there even Monstructors around?