Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hey, 51 whole likes

That’s an improvement for Alfred iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

rotinaj posted:

Hey, 51 whole likes

he got 4K on a video he made about Ospreay promos where the joke is "his accent is hard to understand". he's gained too much power and must be stopped

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah but that one was making fun of the british, which is basically easy mode for getting likes

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yeah but while 36 is 46 in NJPW, 36 is 26 in WWE because they're focused more on the storytelling than injuring their bodies for pointless matches

But in WWE they run house shows all the time, so someone who's a WWE 19 would be a AEW 9. So Tony Khan is therefore using child labor and needs to go to jail.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The thing I never get about these people who keep screaming and crying and moaning about things like, Osprey's matches in AEW having "Zero build" is like, he literally just got here. The story is literally starting???

It feels like the "MATCHES AREN'T STORIES" want every single match and every single promo on every single weekly tv show to be Act 3 in a 9-month long blood feud but they don't ever want to see Act 1 or 2. It makes no sense whatsoever.

How would you EVER have any matches on a show if you can ONLY do matches that have several weeks/months of build, even on weekly TV?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Drakkel posted:

How would you EVER have any matches on a show if you can ONLY do matches that have several weeks/months of build, even on weekly TV?

see someone finally gets it. no matches promos only for tv.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

I genuinely think WWE could run shows with zero matches and none of their fans would complain.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

AEW's youngest male champion is 24.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

I genuinely think WWE could run shows with zero matches and none of their fans would complain.

They would call it cinema

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pushing the house show circuit because that's where you see the big matches, thus coming around back to the territory days.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

C. Everett Koop posted:

Yeah, can’t give away matches on the free tv that’s also your primary source of revenue, gotta sell’em a la cart to 10% of your audience for $50 a pop.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

AEW's youngest male champion is 24.

The ftw title is an outlaw title, hook doesn’t count because that would undermine the haters’ argument

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Yeah, can’t give away matches on the free tv that’s also your primary source of revenue, gotta sell’em a la cart to 10% of your audience for $50 a pop.

No no no, you put them on a streaming service where they are free, you just have to pay a subscription fee and sit through a timeshare presentation for Australia or Saudi Arabia.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

rotinaj posted:

Hey, 51 whole likes

I will always love the Trevor Dame tweet that said something like "Alfred could tweet out my credit card number and my balance wouldn't change"

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Also you don't want clean finishes because how else are you gonna get them back next week/month, so every match should end with a count-out/dq or some kind of gently caress finish. That's just good booking.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bad news everyone, the mysterious Stardom Samurai has deleted his account. We will never know the truth. Unrelated:
https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1773943731378405732

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Holy cow lmao

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
He deleted the Stardom account because there wasn’t a free meet and greet at the Mania weekend Stardom show; only Premium ones at WrestleCon

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

If only CYN was still a thing he could have jumped on that sinking ship

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The idea of tooling around on a trike and having so much fun you abandon your former hobbies rules.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

We would all be better off if these folks got a life and logged off more

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IceAgeComing posted:

He deleted the Stardom account because there wasn’t a free meet and greet at the Mania weekend Stardom show; only Premium ones at WrestleCon

Really? He deleted basically all of his tweets on the main account so I was curious why he announced he was selling his Stardom ticket.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
https://www.cagesideseats.com/2024/3/30/24116465/aew-dynamite-ratings-debate-television-ranking-vs-competition-wwe-raw-smackdown

Article: hay lets maybe put the ratings war into context before we spam another comments section with no million for dynamite chat

Literal first comment: tiny con is like big time adolf h

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I wonder what the original tweet was!

https://twitter.com/CBetress/status/1774188709694333030

Oh.

It's a great day for derangements.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

MassRafTer posted:

Oh.

What if Kenny Omega killed a guy? Would that be okay? What if he blew up the Sun? Would you cheer for that just because he’s a good wrestler? What if he financed a coup in a foreign country and installed an AEW-friendly dictator? Would you let that pass just because you like the One Winged Angel?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shard posted:

We would all be better off if these folks got a life and logged off more

Hell, same

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

Bad news everyone, the mysterious Stardom Samurai has deleted his account. We will never know the truth. Unrelated:
https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1773943731378405732

I had a housemate in college who bought a dirt bike and put it on the balcony, dripping enormous amounts of oil onto the stone

He finally fixed the dirt bike towards the end of the semester and when he got on it, his body weight compressed all of the shocks all the way down

He rode the bike once and then came back to the house and threw his helmet into the wall as hard as he could before storming into his room and slamming the door

Don’t know what made me think about this

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

What if Kenny Omega killed a guy? Would that be okay? What if he blew up the Sun? Would you cheer for that just because he’s a good wrestler? What if he financed a coup in a foreign country and installed an AEW-friendly dictator? Would you let that pass just because you like the One Winged Angel?

What if the situation was different? Would you react differently? Wow hypocrite

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

A Fancy Hat posted:

Honestly, yes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1774252351538201057

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

Oh.

Americans acting like saying oval office is akin to someone taking a poo poo in your mouth without consent is never not weird to me, a person who basically uses it like punctuation, as is my birth right as a Scotsman.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hey that burner account has actual libel on it! Someone should show Kevin this oh wait....

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheEWZine/status/1774151509749432382

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

lol, lmao

Having done entirely too much efedding, I know that efedders have brain worms

Yes I am including myself in that

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

It's funny, because I recently saw a Youtube video about the history of black people in WWE, and boy, it sure made it feel like Swerve's organic rise to the top could never, ever have happened in the fed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1774304797275099536

I should note I don't think this account is Kevin Kelly, I don't think Kevin would go after Dave or Dustin Rhodes, Dave because he's one of the people who convinced fans Kevin Kelly is good.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1774304797275099536

I should note I don't think this account is Kevin Kelly, I don't think Kevin would go after Dave or Dustin Rhodes, Dave because he's one of the people who convinced fans Kevin Kelly is good.

I have seen many of these cases of people thinking a famous person is behind an anonymous account and it typically never bears out

There is always some random nobody who wants to cheerlead for the famous person, especially if it is controversial

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
not enough wrestlers have overthrown foreign countries

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

rotinaj posted:

I have seen many of these cases of people thinking a famous person is behind an anonymous account and it typically never bears out

There is always some random nobody who wants to cheerlead for the famous person, especially if it is controversial

I think its kk because it would be really funny if it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Okay, I’ll bite: what’s the ~*~*~story~*~*~ behind Jade, Naomi, and Bianca teaming? Is it just Creative thinking “gently caress we don’t have anything for these women to do for Mania”?