Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

He's also the owner of the vaunted Governor's Sword. That has to be worth something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Android Blues posted:

He's also the owner of the vaunted Governor's Sword. That has to be worth something.

And once he fixes the rules, it'll be the President's Sword!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I can't believe we're talking about Liefeld and no one's posted the video he did with Stan Lee back in the day.
The best part is when they "create" a character "together" and Stan's natural predatory nature takes over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry3hBVvfQ9w

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Travis343 posted:

Allow me. I have a few of those variant covers saved for my desktop rotation.

Rip Darwin Cooke.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
He's not dead yet, but if he's really in palliative treatment, it's likely only a matter of time.

gently caress cancer.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

SynthOrange posted:

Rip Darwin Cooke.
Just terrible news.

loving cancer.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
gently caress. Darwyn Cooke has been a treasure for years, and this is just awful news.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

gently caress cancer.

EDIT: drat it.

Zero_Tactility fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 14, 2016

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Goddamn goddamn.

I really more and more appreciate an artist who can tell a whole story in a single image, and Cooke is a master at that craft. :(

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I love every inch of this but as stated above, it doesn't get much better than Ollie flipping Hal the bird.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

I love every inch of this but as stated above, it doesn't get much better than Ollie flipping Hal the bird.

Runners up include Dr. Fate and his mystical martini and Wonder Woman drinking from a golden grail she presumably brought from home.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Travis343 posted:

Runners up include Dr. Fate and his mystical martini and Wonder Woman drinking from a golden grail she presumably brought from home.
Runner up is Wally West Flash approvingly checking out Catwoman's rear end...and then noticing that Wonder Woman is also checking out Catwoman's rear end.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Senior Woodchuck posted:

He's not dead yet, but if he's really in palliative treatment, it's likely only a matter of time.

gently caress cancer.

Sadly he has passed away:

http://www.avclub.com/article/rip-comic-book-artist-and-writer-darwyn-cooke-236785

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I like the cowboy in the back (with the red handkerchief; I'm not familiar enough with DC to know his name) happily double fisting beers.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

That is Vigilante, and he is me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The superhero with the power of shooting guns.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

RevKrule posted:

I can't believe we're talking about Liefeld and no one's posted the video he did with Stan Lee back in the day.
The best part is when they "create" a character "together" and Stan's natural predatory nature takes over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry3hBVvfQ9w

Rob: "We need to give him some guns and gear...

... and some shoulder pads."

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

FMguru posted:

Runner up is Wally West Flash approvingly checking out Catwoman's rear end...and then noticing that Wonder Woman is also checking out Catwoman's rear end.

Runner up is Batman having captured Harley and Joker and stopping for a pint on his way to taking them in.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

The superhero with the power of shooting guns.

And being a country and western singer/guitarist.

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??

Perry Normal posted:

Runner up is Batman having captured Harley and Joker and stopping for a pint on his way to taking them in.

And Aquaman giving Joker the rabbit ears.

Edit: or no, I've just realised ordering two drinks. Haha oops

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
And Dr Fate using his vast mystical powers to mix a martini.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm a fan of Clark and Lois sneaking off to have alone time on the roof, even though Jimmy's a cockblocker.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

How are we all ignoring that dog chowing on some pizza?

pizza dogs best dogs

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
No one's talking about the framed John Henry on the wall I see...

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Who is the zombie in the back? And is there a reason he'd have Barbara Gordon swinging through the background other than just liking the character?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's G.I. Zombie.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Chinaman7000 posted:

Who is the zombie in the back? And is there a reason he'd have Barbara Gordon swinging through the background other than just liking the character?

Batman and Robin are both chilling. Somebody's got to be swooping around rooftops at all times.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

One more Liefeld: OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO BLOB'S FACE

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
All of his covers with multiple characters always look so haphazard, like he just starts drawing one guy and gives no thought to what any other characters are doing. It's really obvious he drew Cable before Fast Running Guy, for example.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

All of his covers with multiple characters always look so haphazard, like he just starts drawing one guy and gives no thought to what any other characters are doing. It's really obvious he drew Cable before Fast Running Guy, for example.

Hrm.

That would explain why he's riding Pyro's shoulder like a kids' party pony.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I think that's supposed to be Quicksilver wearing WWI aviators helmet for some reason.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Begemot posted:

I think that's supposed to be Quicksilver wearing WWI aviators helmet for some reason.

It's Super Sabre, from Freedom Force.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Red posted:

It's Super Sabre, from Freedom Force.

Didn't he get killed via neck-height tripwire?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mike Allred cover to an upcoming Labyrinth one-shot.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/allred-covers-jim-hensons-labyrinth-in-boom-solicits-for-august-2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

prefect posted:

Didn't he get killed via neck-height tripwire?

:smith: Yes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

get back in your own book Longshot

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
How do you not instantly recognize David Bowie from that drawing :confused:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't think david bowie had full-body orange hair and horns, dude

well he might have in the 70s

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Actually, no:

He was decapitated by the Iraqi supervillains while they were invisible.

In the same storyline, Crimson Commando is crippled by a mine (and is later turned into Cyborg X), rescued by Avalanche, who decides to abandon Blob and Pyro, who are captured by the Iraqis.

Stonewall was killed by the Reavers in a previous battle, electrocuted by Donald Pierce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That is a cover I would buy the original of if I had the cash sitting around.

Incidentally, Kevin Maguire put a bunch of pages from his Howard the Duck issue up for sale and goddammit I need to make more money.