Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Artichokes are bad, mmkay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Eizan's strategy is very Iron Wok Jan, except Jan wouldn't make the stupid mistake of deliberately spelling out what he was planning to do.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
He's loving himself over pretty hard considering the other recipes involve butter and apples.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i know he's supposed to be like a really good chef but him just going "gently caress you moooore artichokes!" is hilarious like eventually your dish just tastes like artichoke and yeah maybe you make the other dish taste worse but at least the other dish reflects the themes and poo poo.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Honestly my favorite part of the chapter was when everyone was gushing over how beautifully pink the beef was and we just see a gray lump

I mean yeah it's an uncolored page but lol

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Elfgames posted:

i know he's supposed to be like a really good chef but him just going "gently caress you moooore artichokes!" is hilarious like eventually your dish just tastes like artichoke and yeah maybe you make the other dish taste worse but at least the other dish reflects the themes and poo poo.

Maybe the E10 are just using Eizan as a sacrificial lamb to take out Takumi.

Bonus points if Eizan isn't aware of this, everyone just expected him to be a spiteful rear end in a top hat.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Am I misremembering, or was Eizen supposed to secretly be an rear end in a top hat? Because that over-the-top artichoke gloating is pretty blatant.

Like, I get that we know he's an rear end in a top hat, and everyone cooking knows he's an rear end in a top hat. But I figured the rest of the school didn't.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

nah i think he's pretty blatant and nobody likes him, including the rest of the E10. however he makes tootsuki huge shitloads of money so nobody calls him on anything, in a rare show of hyperrealism

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

To be honest, Eizan's meal looks fuckin delicious (minus the artichokes). The idea of a beef-topping pizza with little strips of ginger on it sounds really gross, though I really dislike ginger strips.

edit: The same kinda goes for Eizan's other meal. The guy seems to specialize in "stuff that is just delicious and involves a bunch of meat and poo poo."

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

eizan's specialty is marketing. you got got

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Honestly my favorite part of the chapter was when everyone was gushing over roast beef

lol

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Man, I don't know why I thought Rindou had green hair for some reason. Really confused me when she showed up in the show and I was wondering who the red head was.

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Artichokes are a loving pain in the rear end to prepare and this chapter gave me war flashbacks to my old job when I had to clean and prep a shitton of them. Why do people eat these things, they're so not worth the effort.

There's no effort at all on my part when I tell the waiter to include artichoke in my order.

Ytlaya posted:

To be honest, Eizan's meal looks fuckin delicious (minus the artichokes). The idea of a beef-topping pizza with little strips of ginger on it sounds really gross, though I really dislike ginger strips.

The ginger is super finely cut so it'll probably all but melt into the sauce and cheese, making it a more subtle and complementary flavor. I'd at least try a slice. Then again I also really like ginger.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Man, I dunno about melted ginger. At that point, it might as well be ginger paste. I think if you're still chopping it needle-fine, there are some characteristics you're trying to preserve, in terms of an al dente feel, and leaving some cell walls intact to break open when being chewed as opposed to just busting all the cell walls during cooking.

On the other hand, what chopping ginger super thin like that does is it minimizes the length of the fiber in the ginger root, because that's a bad feeling you can get when using ginger in food. (I had so many problems with my ginger chicken until I figured this out.)

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 8, 2017

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Gyges posted:

Man, I don't know why I thought Rindou had green hair for some reason. Really confused me when she showed up in the show and I was wondering who the red head was.

same except for soma whenever i see him i keep thinking "wait who the gently caress is that i don't remem-- oh right"

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm not super happy about the new season of the anime so far

There are more pans in an episode than there were in Yakitate

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm not super happy about the new season of the anime so far

There are more pans in an episode than there were in Yakitate

There are so many ways to interpret that sentence.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

There are so many ways to interpret that sentence.

:thejoke:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/235/4627/1

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kind of a set-up chapter but worth it for this:

The panel of her taking the coat back off made me lose it

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goddammit: Now I really want to listen to Sugita sink his teeth into going full hog with Eizan. :syoon:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Arist posted:

alice is not giving up the Best Character throne without a fight

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

That was a good panel.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

This is Erina.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
this is a travesty

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Why do they always have so much bad fanart

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
So... Pineapple on pizza or something?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mulderman posted:

So... Pineapple on pizza or something?

My guess is balsamic vinegar because it's delicious and Takumi is Italian

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Sort of hard to imagine balsamic vinegar getting that kind of last-panel reaction.. It would lack the visual impact they implied. If anything, I'd guess they're going for the teamwork angle, with the dish looking incomplete until Souma and/or Megumi drop off whatever they've been prepping alongside their own food.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
My guess is that Aldini put nothing on the pizza because if there's something that pairs well with artichokes it's meat. Like, it's super dumb of Eizan to just dump a shitton of artichokes to cover the flavor of other dishes, even a simple beef steak can work with that dumb poo poo that is "the cynarine remains on your tongue and covers all the flavors".

Realistically speaking though, it's gonna be some bullshit like making the pizza a calzone, and since it's covered instead of open it retains the meat flavor better or some insane poo poo like that.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Pizza was a fake out and the real dish is INSIDE the pizza.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

I Love Annie May posted:

This is Erina.

For every great Alice panel it must be paid in the most potent of deviantarts

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I mean, "I just made my food a trap lolololol" is a dumb strategy that's obviously going to backfire horribly.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also I guess Azami's first appearance will be on Halloween and he's going to be voiced by the guy who did Sosuke Aizen so that's perfect

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I don't understand why, in such high stakes food stuff, cleansing the palette between dishes isn't just standard.

C'mon folks. Restaurants have had this poo poo figured out for a long time.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Wark Say posted:

I just hope somebody calls Food Hitler on him being a giant pussy or something to lose his cool, a-la Aizen when Urahara and Ichigo finally get the drop on him.

NO, SAIBA-SENPAI! THAT'S THE CUISINE OF A LOSER! > :qq:
loving. Called it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can't wait for all the sugita eizan moments

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean, "I just made my food a trap lolololol" is a dumb strategy that's obviously going to backfire horribly.

You just activated my trap lard.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Paracelsus posted:

You just activated my trap lard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I don't understand why, in such high stakes food stuff, cleansing the palette between dishes isn't just standard.

C'mon folks. Restaurants have had this poo poo figured out for a long time.

i could buy some words about 'complimentary dishes are another way to support one another in the regiment de cuisine' but i would like to see those words