Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

It doesn't matter which, you get summoned to both. It's based on your soul memory.

Ah, well that's cool. The way it read on the info pages made it sound like you decided which tower to defend. Guess I'll come back late.

Cardiovorax posted:

There's only one bell covenant, so I don't think it really matters. I'd still recommend putting it off for later, though, because the Ruin Sentinels are seriously the hardest boss you'll see in the entire first two thirds of the game and it's an exercise in frustration if you go there right out of the Forest of Giants.

Ah, I'm way past the Forest. I'm basically following the IGN walkthrough. Not so much the actual walkthrough part of it, but at least the general guideline of where to go next. I've been through Wharf, the tower/city, and forest. I'm SL45, I think? Not sure what the recommended is for where I am in Bellfry. I think my SM is a little low for it, though, just based on how few summon signs I'm seeing laid down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I remember someone here was playing as Jetstream Sam, and if you're the one who summoned Turtle Power in the Wharf, that was me. Wearing the full Ironclad set is rough, but at least I have the first +equip weight ring now. Now to press on to the Iron Keep and trade in the old Ironclad for some fresh ones!

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Mimetic posted:

My powerstance great club experience says otherwise. :colbert:

If you are PVPing using powerstanced greatclubs then clearly you know what you are doing. What is the str requirement even like for something like that...

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Axel Serenity posted:

Ah, I'm way past the Forest. I'm basically following the IGN walkthrough. Not so much the actual walkthrough part of it, but at least the general guideline of where to go next. I've been through Wharf, the tower/city, and forest. I'm SL45, I think? Not sure what the recommended is for where I am in Bellfry. I think my SM is a little low for it, though, just based on how few summon signs I'm seeing laid down.
Yeah, SL45 is super low. I put it off until I made it about to the beginning of Iron Keep, which is where you really start getting serious amounts of souls.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

neetengie posted:

I'm being really finicky but Gower's protects from all back damage, it's not the AD flame breath being considered a backstab.

Yeah but considering it's usually a one hit kill unless you've sunk a giant heaping of points into vigor its basically the same thing. Going from frantically trying to avoid the flames to yawning while swiping the back legs and taking a hit to the back when he gets pissed is a nice change of pace.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where do I go after getting the Ring of the Dead? I can't figure out what I would do with it to progress or recall any locked doors other than the big ones which still won't open.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Internet Kraken posted:

Where do I go after getting the Ring of the Dead? I can't figure out what I would do with it to progress or recall any locked doors other than the big ones which still won't open.

Did you keep going forward after killing the Demon of Song?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

If you have that ring, you've beaten the Demon of Song. There's an opening in that boss room to the next area.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

nftyw posted:

If you are PVPing using powerstanced greatclubs then clearly you know what you are doing. What is the str requirement even like for something like that...

42 strength, so not that bad if you're SL 100 or so. And I really don't know what I'm doing, but I have won most of my ratbro fights. I just try to keep below 70% weight so I can fast roll away from stuff. The nice thing about really heavy weapons is it only takes a couple of hits to connect before you drop someone.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Skilleddk posted:

drat it I wish the KB+M controls were better. I played this and beat it on PS3, now wanted to play with pretty graphics and I'm pretty bummed out. I mean I have a wireless xbox 360 controller but its so loving bulky and big compared to the PS3 controls

I don't have a bluetooth dongle to fix motioninjoy :sigh:

But game owns, and is very very pretty

I fooled around with the mouse and keyboard controls a little bit just to see, and apparently there's a bunch of lockon buttons that don't need to be there and A is not E, it's enter. Uh okay. How am I supposed to use the mouse when block is bound to LMB not RMB and half the keys and specific actions are just spewed all over the keyboard, like wtf.

How was that "better" than the first game?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

HellCopter posted:

If you have that ring, you've beaten the Demon of Song. There's an opening in that boss room to the next area.

...oh duh, I guess I forgot to even check that door :ughh:

Demon of Song wasn't what I was expecting the boss of the anime shrine to be. Cool design but way too easy.

EDIT: What the gently caress these witch enemies do basically no damage with their spells :confused:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 30, 2014

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Man, I love playing Fashion Souls 2

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

...oh duh, I guess I forgot to even check that door :ughh:

Demon of Song wasn't what I was expecting the boss of the anime shrine to be. Cool design but way too easy.

EDIT: What the gently caress these witch enemies do basically no damage with their spells :confused:

Yeah their Affinity doesn't hit hard for some reason. Their other spells hurt though.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

NeurosisHead posted:

I like the cut of your jib, hows that sword+pyro thing working out?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

NeurosisHead posted:

Fashion souls huh? Here's my pretty lady:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
A blackout in the middle of defending the belltower cost me my save and SL100 char. For some reason I don't feel bad at all! can't wait to get started on my new char and do things a bit more optimally this time around.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Dammit, I keep getting invaded by bellkeepers while farming the mad warrior set but I've only invaded someone else once. I've been wearing the ring the whole time and I've been human, is there something special you need to do to encourage bellkeeper invasion summons? I need those titanite chunks.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

NeurosisHead posted:

I know, right? I was so disappointed that I farmed out all the dudes I that drop the Llewellyn set without getting the pants. I don't have any matching black pants (can't wear Straid's set because I'm not a sorcerer) and it makes me sad. What I'm wearing looks okay in screenshots, but they're clearly brown in game.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Tagichatn posted:

Dammit, I keep getting invaded by bellkeepers while farming the mad warrior set but I've only invaded someone else once. I've been wearing the ring the whole time and I've been human, is there something special you need to do to encourage bellkeeper invasion summons? I need those titanite chunks.

Wear the ring and be in an area where your covenant icon is blinking. Make sure it's not in any of the Belfry's.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

nerdz posted:

A blackout in the middle of defending the belltower cost me my save and SL100 char. For some reason I don't feel bad at all! can't wait to get started on my new char and do things a bit more optimally this time around.

I find Dark Souls is a really neat game because I can start a new save after going halfway through the game on one save and try out new things and different weapons or paths and it'll be like a whole different story.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods

Tagichatn posted:

Put the ring on and hang out in Lost Bastille or Iron Keep. Eventually you'll get summoned so often you'll have difficulty taking the ring off.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

DrGreatJob posted:

Put the ring on and hang out in Lost Bastille or Iron Keep. Eventually you'll get summoned so often you'll have difficulty taking the ring off.
People may be getting into the Covenant more too, and so you'll see more people invading and fewer invaders. The covenant relies on having people running the Belfries, and as people finish, there will be fewer of them. More would go if you got something for killing invading Bellbros and/or they only came one at a time (or were less likely to come twice)

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Well looks like we know what they spent that extra month on...

http://pastebin.com/DLpHA40C

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Fashion souls is back in full force, really.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

DrGreatJob posted:

Awesome, thanks! That worked great, I had no idea that the belfry didn't count as a summonable area.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Genocyber posted:

ahahahah

Japan must've hired someone truly knowledgeable of pop culture.

e: patootie, the most heinous of 1920's nicknames for your girlfriend.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Genocyber posted:

Wow, that's really dumb. I hope we find out whether or not turning the censor off trips VAC soon.

EDIT:for fucks sake they censored "fart".

OG Necromancer fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 30, 2014

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

As much as I hate to give a leg up, I really have to echo the folks saying the cat ring is crucial for Belfry Luna. So much of the pvp in there requires doing the unpredictable, and you need that flexibility when you're baiting someone into a fall or accidentally backstepping slightly too far.

edit: just took a gray invader down to about 10%, the poor guy just resorted to backpedaling furiously and threw an "I'm Sorry" carving. love it.

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 30, 2014

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
What are the advantages of dual wielding over 2-handing? To keep it simple, I have a Greatsword (I'm referring to the ultra greatsword named Greatsword).

Does dual wielding a pair of Greatswords with power stance do more damage than simply 2-handing 1 Greatsword?

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Dr. Carwash posted:

Does dual wielding a pair of Greatswords with power stance do more damage than simply 2-handing 1 Greatsword?

With Power Stance you physically hit with both weapons. I don't know off-hand if it's more damage per swing/second than two-handing a single weapon, but it does have benefits with regard to stunlocking.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Dr. Carwash posted:

What are the advantages of dual wielding over 2-handing? To keep it simple, I have a Greatsword (I'm referring to the ultra greatsword named Greatsword).

New, faster moveset. Most dual-wielded two-handed attacks either do more damage or hit multiple times. Certainly wrecks bosses, since it staggers them much faster.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Dr. Carwash posted:

I'm pulling this out of my rear end, but I think power-stanceing applies poise damage twice. no clue on damage, although I think it's more.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Power stancing is literally hitting with both weapons, including for status effects and poise damage AFAIK. However it requires much more stamina than 2handing, and 2handed moveset may be better than powerstance moves.

beats
Oct 21, 2010
Fashion souls time?

Elite Knight for life.

Trying out an ENB setup I found - looks bananas but struggles to keep a steady framerate unless I bump the resolution down. Also bugs. Few more purdy pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/uBsZN

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wow, Bonfire Ascetic's not loving around. In No Man's Wharf, the vikings fire infinite range explosive arrows that deal half damage and set you on fire. Lucatiel's sign is absent so far though. Not to mention the vikings that hurt you by touching you and the spider-men who ignore shields entirely. I better not be doing this for nothing.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 30, 2014

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Genocyber posted:

Common profanities like 2girls1cup, assbandit, b00bs, b000bs, and cockfucklutated.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods

Genocyber posted:

Hahaha amazing.

Censored Words posted:

614. job

So I've been running around named "DrGreat***"? As in "DrGreatAss"? How does a loving censor make my name sound MORE offensive?

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Elysiume posted:

Common profanities like 2girls1cup, assbandit, b00bs, b000bs, and cockfucklutated.

I'm gonna name my next character "cokcfukculated" because cokcfukculate this filter for real.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Genocyber posted:

quote:

928. ricockulous
Amazing, amazing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Baron O Beefdip posted:

I'm gonna name my next character "cokcfukculated" because cokcfukculate this filter for real.
Or "***c***culated" because "cok" and "fuk" are on the list. :v: