Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Squeegy posted:

There's gotta be a developer on the Ubisoft team who owns/wants to own a Mac-11. There's no other explanation for their obsession with that loving machine pistol.

quote:

Noting the weapon's poor accuracy, in the 1970s International Association of Police Chiefs weapons researcher David Steele described the MAC series as "fit only for combat in a phone booth."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Sounds like an ACOG sniper weapon alright. :shepface:

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Vatek posted:

I never use suppressors on defenders but I can see the logic. The UMP has a super distinctive sound thanks to the low rate of fire.

I wish private matches had an option to randomize teams at the start of a match.

We usually just have everyone smash space bar for a count of 5.. seems to work well enough.

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace
Aww maaan, I've been super hype for For Honor for ages but I'm away til Monday.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
I know this is blasphemous and I would hate it but why not just remove the ACOG from the MAC-11 because you know

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ItheWelp87 posted:

I know this is blasphemous and I would hate it but why not just remove the ACOG from the MAC-11 because you know

Whenever the MAC-11's not onscreen, all the other operators should be asking "Where's the MAC-11"?

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Hey, how do I play with goons? Is there a discord to join?

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

There is a discord as well as a mumble server. You should join the mumble because we are kindhearted people whose friendship you will cherish for a long time to come.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

There is a discord as well as a mumble server. You should join the mumble because we are kindhearted people whose friendship you will cherish for a long time to come.

Are people still using Camping the Stairs?

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Yes, you can easily find a group to play with. Sometimes the Siege channels are empty but if you hop in one for a little bit you can usually get a group going in not much time unless your hours are retarded and unreasonable.

CrazyJesus
Jun 6, 2008
Yeah, usually there's other people in the mumble doing other things in other channels that check every so often if there's dudes playing. I've started a few groups that way when the channels are empty.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Gotcha, well, I'm kickin' it in Mumble if anyone's down to clown.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Bad accuracy is characteristic of all open-bolt subguns by the nature of its operation. It's both dumb from a balance standpoint and by a realism standpoint.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

New Concept Hole posted:

Bad accuracy is characteristic of all open-bolt subguns by the nature of its operation. It's both dumb from a balance standpoint and by a realism standpoint.

It's dumb by all points bulletin.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Squeegy posted:

It's dumb by all points bulletin.

The suppressor for the SMG-11 should also be bringing the recoil down way more than it does since that's basically a third of the weight of the gun hanging off the front.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1LLbRnhTsc

Finally had the opportunity to do the Sledge Special. It is as magical as I had hoped.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Finally had the opportunity to do the Sledge Special. It is as magical as I had hoped.

I've watched this like five times now and I still can't believe it worked.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Whoever decided the top yellow room on Favela should be an objective room should be loving fired. What a piece of poo poo terrible idea.

Still my favorite map though. <3

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Whoever decided the top yellow room on Favela should be an objective room should be loving fired. What a piece of poo poo terrible idea.

Yup - also we just had an infinite loading screen loop. Please to fix game, Hard.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

We ran into the Thermite glitch again. Your game, Hard.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

That one of them is a teamkill makes it magical.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I'd turn the length of wall directly opposite from the double doors in the packaging room into concrete (it's two reinforcements worth) and maybe a crate or something in that hallway between the double doors and the room proper, something just large enough for one person for cover. It's go a long way toward making the room defensible.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Jehde posted:

We ran into the Thermite glitch again. Your game, Hard.

Which one?

Reinforcement remaining should be fixed, shooting charge through hatch should be also fixed but you can still shoot a charge through a reinforced wall if the wood is destroyed prior yeah.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Has ubi said anything about nerfing blackbeard because I am hard pressed to find another character as bullshit as him in any game. This game would be so much better if he was removed.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

keyframe posted:

Has ubi said anything about nerfing blackbeard because I am hard pressed to find another character as bullshit as him in any game. This game would be so much better if he was removed.

Apparently his shield is getting a 5 hit limit? That's what someone told me in a fit of rage after I killed them with him

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Razzled posted:

Apparently his shield is getting a 5 hit limit? That's what someone told me in a fit of rage after I killed them with him

It should really just be the damage amount of whatever gun is shooting him applied against shield health. So say he gets hit with 25/35/20/20 (eg, 100, a downed player), it fractures. Gets hit with another 100, it blows out.

As it is now you have to do something like a thousand damage which is really, really hard to do unless you hit it at point blank with shotgun blasts so every single pellet impacts the shield.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 27, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Well it was made in the USA so of course that's what it takes. It's not some cheap Chinese rifle shield.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard posted:

Which one?

Reinforcement remaining should be fixed, shooting charge through hatch should be also fixed but you can still shoot a charge through a reinforced wall if the wood is destroyed prior yeah.

The former.

Also Pulse is still OP.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Pulse is forever my nemesis. gently caress you baldy :argh:

dont know what the hell happened in that clip tho, but prolly pulse being bullshit

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
why did pulse just deflect a bullet into that guy's head with his heart beat scanner

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Segmentation Fault posted:

I'd turn the length of wall directly opposite from the double doors in the packaging room into concrete (it's two reinforcements worth) and maybe a crate or something in that hallway between the double doors and the room proper, something just large enough for one person for cover. It's go a long way toward making the room defensible.

Also annoying is that the offense can use a steam plume as soft cover on the roof and during daytime as a defender, it's very hard for me to see through.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

Also annoying is that the offense can use a steam plume as soft cover on the roof and during daytime as a defender, it's very hard for me to see through.

Those are hell, yeah; looking into House from bathroom will get you killed because 90% of the room is obscured by steam.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

If you're playing on PC, send me an invite - my uPlay is SiDeath3.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Any ideas why the latest balance patch has turned my game into a slideshow?

I ran the ingame benchmark and the minimum fps I got at any point was 76 or so, but as soon as I actually jump into a game proper its just non stop stutter. The fps counter in the top corner never drops below 60 either, and most of the time its saying like 120 even during the stuttering.

I'm running a a gtx970 and an i7 4790k.

any chance the patch changed my graphics settings? I have no idea what it was set to before, but I checked in game and it was set to 'ultra' and i toned it down to 'very high' which made a minimal difference.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Use something that will monitor vram usage, if poo poo defaulted your settings to very high/ultra after the patch there's a chance the game could be using enough vram that you'd be running into the infamous 3.5GB issue that 970s have.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Yeah DO NOT go above 3.5gb vram on a 970 or the game will poo poo its pants.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Just reoptimised it using geforce experience and that seemed to have fixed the issues.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Finally got a clip of the weird auto-centering bug that's popped up since Skull Rain.

https://streamable.com/bgoz

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It's actually an aimbot detecting an opponent through a wall. Prepare to get Battleye'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Party Plane Jones posted:

Finally got a clip of the weird auto-centering bug that's popped up since Skull Rain.

https://streamable.com/bgoz

I had this also a couple times, super annoying.

• Locked thread