Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Holy poo poo just got a smallbore/quickdraw/hot swap Saladin's Vigil from Archon's Forge and this thing has such a nice recoil pattern

And so much time to use hot swap too with quickdraw as a perk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Ineffiable posted:

I'm 352 and trying to get to 360 at a minimum for the raid. Greens are still dropping at 352 so that's annoying.

I've only been getting greens to drop at ~190 and a required level of 37-39 instead of 40. Seems a bit weird. But then again I'm only at 328 right now. Maybe greens drop at higher LL when you're above 335?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The Extremophile is stupid when you add a couple balance perks. I'm not holding down on the stick at all

http://i.imgur.com/9hb2vnr.gifv

Cu Chulainn
Apr 27, 2011

It's great to get out of the lab

I think I might have gotten spoiled with TTK's story because... dang was I not invested in ROI'S. The premise was cool in a way, but just sticking with Saladin for the whole thing was way more boring than having the Vanguards work with you and Eris to take down Oryx.

(Also slightly biased because the lack of Cayde here)

Felt a lot shorter too, but maybe that's just me. I'm looking forward at getting some of the new armors and stuff still, and the iron lord stuff looks pretty sweet, but this feels a lot more empty.

On the other hand: Gally's back. Good times.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Cool I got those a while ago! I'll give it a go tonight and have some fun!

If you are not using it already, earphones can help. Knowing that "klank" sound is bad news can save your life!.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Also during the last mission I wasn't paying attention to the cutscenes but what was that about Rasputin using siva or vice versa?

IIRC Rasputin tried to stop the Iron Lords from getting to SIVA, and that Rasputin is (now?) much more than just a warmind. Not sure if it's actually my A Number One dude Rasputin that was "using" SIVA against the Iron Lords or if that was just emergent behavior from the tech itself.

I thought the Khvostov quest was a nice idea even if not super well executed. Like it's okay to get nostalgic/ashamed of how long one has played this dead game. :unsmith:

Something about the new Ghost voice just isn't doing it for me, though. I'm sure I'm remembering Dinklebot with rose-colored glasses but... Like I know it doesn't work this way but I have this mental image of Nolan North just kind of taking a decent first pass on the line reading as "dweeby robot, I guess" and just turning in the recording booth and fuckinn' smashing on the bleep bloop ghost noise synth keyboard like Jason Segel in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. http://youtu.be/60sIDWNhhYg

Cu Chulainn posted:

idea is cool story not so good

I agree

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Sep 21, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Rasputin priorities seems as now:

1. Follow the program
2. Save Rasputin
3. Save People. But sacrifice people if needed. Maybe even murder billions to make sure a few survive.
4. Guardians are not humans. Kill them if they get in the way, otherwise ignore.
5. If I get in trouble, I may call the guardians. They are good at killing.

I think he releasing SIVA is a weak point, if he is so smart, why he is doing something stupid? SIVA seems to be the one thing that could end destroying everything that is not SIVA.
And since evolve, like biological matter, may even remove any implanted killswitch, or remove and weakness that originally have.

Also Rasputin have a huge problem, because he was probably the one that made a huge hole into the Traveler, and put it in offline. If the Traveler ever return, it may want to use guardians to kill Rasputin. We may have the same objectives than Rasputin, but we are not on the same side. Thats put Rasputin into the "dangerous unreliable allied" category. But maybe the Traveler can try to kill all humans, then Rasputin would be the only one tryiing to save humanity. We are not exactly on the same side humanity, we are the traveler pets.

----------

First impression of the expansion:

I had low expectations, and what I have found is even less, but still good. Is a good expansion that don't do something horrible, but don't do something amazing either.

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Sep 21, 2016

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Got to 259 light. Didn't reach max light Day 1 like i said i would. Only because exotics decrypt like poo poo and I'm really short on legendary marks, of all things.

Supremacy is a piece of poo poo game mode.

SBMM is dialed up to 11. There are more people than ever playing but i still get put into half empty laggy sweaty lobbies against people who i know by name. loving lame.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Skipped ~700 posts, have we decided whether the expansion is good or bad yet?

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
Bungie's AIs always go crazy sooner or later and this one is literally named after a crazy drunken priest that allegedly goosed young Russian nobility while at state dinners. It would be cool if Rasputin wasn't the stereotypical bad AI, though. Like, maybe he knew that the Iron Lords were too dumb to use SIVA and when they breached the SIVA room he just let it rip into them.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

haveblue posted:

Skipped ~700 posts, have we decided whether the expansion is good or bad yet?

It's more of this game. The opinion on the new content was inside you all along.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

To give details on the PDX 45 roll, it's PB/CB/smallbore

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Am I crazy or did I see a snow-covered Skyshock on a stream? Is it integrated into the Plaguelands, and how do I get there?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Pinely posted:

Bungie's AIs always go crazy sooner or later and this one is literally named after a crazy drunken priest that allegedly goosed young Russian nobility while at state dinners. It would be cool if Rasputin wasn't the stereotypical bad AI, though. Like, maybe he knew that the Iron Lords were too dumb to use SIVA and when they breached the SIVA room he just let it rip into them.

There are at least 2 Warminds operating in Destiny, one of them might be less evil than the other one

Edit: oh god i posted about the plot someone stop me

Roman posted:

Am I crazy or did I see a snow-covered Skyshock on a stream? Is it integrated into the Plaguelands, and how do I get there?

They send you to sky shock for a quest. I did it. I can't remember if it had snow or not.... wow.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Roman posted:

Gjallerhorn quest.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Does pvp ever become not a shotgun shitshow?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mordiceius posted:

No probably not.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I want a pvp mode with no secondary weapons allowed.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Love that the Gyallarhorn quest closely resembles my old Live Team raid idea, of enemy encounters on PVP maps until a final showdown on Bannerfall. Not exact, or as long, but close enough to majorly scratch my itch.

Really, I just love ROI. Favorite content yet, finally delivering on the game's potential to get weird. Only disappointment is the Iron Lord armor being so very, mucho, really bad. It looks bobo af next to IB gear to date, and the Ornament versions aren't ornate enough to my liking. But since I don't have to change my duds at all for Y3, who gives a drat, A+ expansion.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
All these keys with doors that lock you out for minutes if you don't step through immediately or get killed are annoying.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

oh Jesus you have garbage opinions on this game too?

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mordiceius posted:

you're allowed to use a shotgun too

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

I have like 20,000 kills in pvp. Probs more. But only a little over 300 with a shotgun. I hate shotguns. Theyre aids.

There is no reason not to use one now.

You cant compete at top levels without one unless you want to be at a severe disadvantage. Bungie hosed their own game with the sniper and primary nerfs.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

cvnvcnv posted:

Why you get killed so much, bruh?

i'm bad at the game :(

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlindSite posted:

I played for like 6 hours today and only hit 353. Howd you get to 363 so quick?

Couldnt work out where to go to get the khostov schematics since i dont have an og one to shard :(

First is that I woke up at 3 am for launch, and played up until about 10 pm. The poopsock is strong with this one. Also I had a vault completely packed with legendarys and exotics ready for power leveling, though the short gains once I reached 350 slowed me down quite a bit. Heroic strikes seem to be the best way to acquire infusion fodder, as they drop 2 pre-rolled blues that will be higher than your current level.

CheeseFactory posted:

Got to 259 light. Didn't reach max light Day 1 like i said i would. Only because exotics decrypt like poo poo and I'm really short on legendary marks, of all things.

marauderthirty posted:

Legendary marks are the new weapon parts

Seems to be the best way to get past this problem is to have a vault full of purples :v: Seriously though, it's just like when TTK launched and everybody was infusing everything they got. I was doing it at first too, but 3 marks to add 2 points to my total was really starting to add up. I've taken to just equipping the new higher level blue I just got until I get something better. Sure, you miss your perks, but it'll save you a mint in marks.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So don't compete at top levels. It's just a game!!!!!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

a messed up horse posted:

i'm bad at the game :(

:hfive: Everyone here is.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

How do you find drops for the Archon Forge?

I got splicer keys & picked up the blue 'enhanced siva' whatsit somewhere, but can't remember where.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

When Bungie finally makes a PvP mode where fusion rifles are the only secondary weapon, I will reign supreme.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Jazzy Jones posted:

According to patch notes they will drop all the time now. They are an extra drop cause peopele didn't have enough materials to upgrade their stuff.

Then give us auto shard Bungie! Inventory Management: The Game is not fun, stop taking cues from No Man's Sky.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlindSite posted:

I have like 20,000 kills in pvp. Probs more. But only a little over 300 with a shotgun. I hate shotguns. Theyre aids.

There is no reason not to use one now.

You cant compete at top levels without one unless you want to be at a severe disadvantage. Bungie hosed their own game with the sniper and primary nerfs.

I agree with this too, like holy gently caress I can not stand shotguns. But with the changes that just went through I have already accepted my fate as shotgun AIDS, at least for the next few months until another balance change comes through. Sucks because I'd rather have everyone running around with literally anything else, but what're you gonna do?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
You know what i do when someone shotgun kills me from an unreasonable distance and seemingly out of nowhere?

I dust myself off and get back in there because im a man goddammit

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Kumo posted:

Theres a wizard or some poo poo as soon as you spawn in the plague lands that drops one everytime

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Kumo posted:

I got splicer keys & picked up the blue 'enhanced siva' whatsit somewhere, but can't remember where.

It just drops from stuff in the plaguelands. It's the mini engram looking thing that they used for runes in the dreadnaught.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kumo posted:

I got a blue siva thing from a splicer dreg, and an uncommon one from a brood mother. I think they just drop from anything in the Plaguelands.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I got enough doing forge to chain run it with a guy (though I was underleveled for blues), they drop pretty frequently I think.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

You know what i do when someone shotgun kills me from an unreasonable distance and seemingly out of nowhere?

I dust myself off and get back in there because im a man goddammit

So you're implying a woman would give up? That's sexist!

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

xzzy posted:

So you're implying a woman would give up? That's sexist!

1v1 me brother, lets settle the war of the sexes once and for all...

*no shotguns*
*no heavy spawns*
*no shoulder charging*
*primarys & heavy machine guns only*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

oh Jesus you have garbage opinions on this game too?

Sorry bro. Shotguns are bad and unfun. But then again, I generally think sniper rifles are too.

Turning the corner and instantly dying to one hit does not make for a fun game.

• Locked thread