Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Matt Zerella posted:

Yep. The problem is we have no FA period, its straight up bidding, twice a week (Wed and Sunday). this is our first year doing FAAB and after I proposed it, the league Napoleon took over and got in the commish's ear about how we need to get rid of FA so THERE'S GUYS ON THE WIRE and WELP there's like, nothing on the wire.

Dude, we had a similar system for a bit and it's the absolute worst. Then we had bidding Thurs-Sun. That was acceptable. Really, bid then FA is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Yep, it's very dumb. Growing pains I guess.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Would you rather have Brice Butler or Jaron Brown on your roster? .5 ppr

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Free tip: I have decided to stream Austin Seferian-Jenkins's favorable matchup @CLE over Kyle Rudolph @CHI, so take heart fellow Rudolph owners as this means he will explode for 8/95/2.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

IcePhoenix posted:

Dealing in absolutes and being completely unwilling to adjust your strategy based on what other teams are doing is a really fast way to lose leagues. I'll be ok without having my sixth receiver for a week.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

MacheteZombie posted:

Would you rather have Brice Butler or Jaron Brown on your roster? .5 ppr

Brown

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Dude gently caress leaguea where there's a "limit" of like 5 QBs a team can roster. Multiple leagues I'm in where guys have 3+ QBs on their roster. I just need to cover a bye week you hoarder fucks.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 4, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Anyone who watches the Cards regularly have an opinion on Jaron Brown? I nabbed him this week with a late waiver wire and I'm not sure if I should plug him in over Cobb or Parker.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Doltos posted:

Anyone who watches the Cards regularly have an opinion on Jaron Brown? I nabbed him this week with a late waiver wire and I'm not sure if I should plug him in over Cobb or Parker.

I haven't seen him play, but Cobb and Parker are both good plays this week. I would not start Brown over either.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Doltos posted:

He played 90% of snaps this week, 2 of the last 3 weeks he has double digit targets. (shamelessly stolen from player notes)

I would not start him over Cobb or Parker though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Santheb posted:

Dude gently caress leaguea where there's a "limit" of like 5 QBs a team can roster. Multiple leagues I'm in where guys have 3+ QBs on their roster. I just need to cover a bye week you hoarder fucks.

The first part of this statement seems to contradict the rest. gently caress limiting the amount of QB's a team can have but also gently caress teams being able to have a bunch of QB's?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

RCarr posted:

The first part of this statement seems to contradict the rest. gently caress limiting the amount of QB's a team can have but also gently caress teams being able to have a bunch of QB's?

I think the quotation marks around "limit" is him saying that a limit of 5 QBs is not really a limit, and it should be lower to prevent the guys hoarding 3+ QBs.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

If they're hoarding that many QBs then you should have the best RBs and WRs therefore there's no issue ;)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would love if every team in any of my leagues had 3QBs on their roster.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I think it was more than I was just surprised (I shouldnt be, been playing this game a long time now) that the QB waiver wire is so lovely. Had teams in two leagues jump on Brisett and Watson despite each team already having multiple QBs (Watson dude has Ben and Wentz already, dropped Smith for Watson). At this point it seems like they are loading up just to play keepaway. And yeah my bench looks pretty good but I usually wont be starting a player like DJax over Green/Cooks/M. Thomas. Maybe I'll just roll the dice on McCown or Dalton.

One of these leagues is the one with 7 loving bench spots in addition to an IR spot. Hell in that league I rostered two QBs...Cam and Carr :(

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

"Before you embark on a journey for revenge, roster two QBs." - Confucius

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!

Spoeank posted:

Twice weekly faab is unfathomably stupid

...or... unfaabomably stupid

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
10 Team League, 0.5PPR:

QB: Mariota, Winston,
RB: Hunt, Gurley, Gordon, Mixon, L. Murray
WR: J. Jones, Allen, Hopkins, Diggs, Ty. Williams
TE: Clay, Reed
D/ST: Stream
K: Elliott

Looking to throw out a bid for Antonio Brown. His WRs are awful outside of him. Thoughts on a Julio Jones/Stefon Diggs package for AB?

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!

Kinfolk Jones posted:

10 Team League, 0.5PPR:

Looking to throw out a bid for Antonio Brown. His WRs are awful outside of him. Thoughts on a Julio Jones/Stefon Diggs package for AB?

I'd take the deal of I was the Brown owner but I think I'd rather have Julio and Diggs.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Still working on a trade deal. Was offered Cooks for my Zeke straight up. This leaves me with KHunt, Howard/Cohen, Smallwood & James White as RB. Cooks is an upgrade from my J Landry/Matthews WR combo. Is this a worthy deal?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My dynasty league does twice weekly (wed and late saturday) FAAB with no free agency. Why is it unfathomably stupid? We use the FAAB bids to set player salaries.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TUS posted:

Still working on a trade deal. Was offered Cooks for my Zeke straight up. This leaves me with KHunt, Howard/Cohen, Smallwood & James White as RB. Cooks is an upgrade from my J Landry/Matthews WR combo. Is this a worthy deal?

You can do better than Cooks for Zeke. Don't do it.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

My dynasty league does twice weekly (wed and late saturday) FAAB with no free agency. Why is it unfathomably stupid? We use the FAAB bids to set player salaries.

Fine with Dyansty, stupid for redraft/keeper leagues where we don't use salary.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I'm ringing the bell for Adam Humphries in PPR this week. He's been a solid play the last 2 weeks and the Pats D is garbage.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Who's a better stash on IR currently, Corey Coleman or Greg Olsen?

Current TE is Rudolph, Coleman would be bench depth behind Jordy, OBJ, and M. Thomas.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Fine with Dyansty, stupid for redraft/keeper leagues where we don't use salary.

OK but... I'm still puzzled as to why it's so dumb?

Are you not permitted to make $0 bids?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

Nope, 1$ minimum bid. There should be free agency, it's loving dumb. The only reason I proposed FAAB is to get rid of stupid waiver order, not to eliminate free agency altogether.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Kinfolk Jones posted:

10 Team League, 0.5PPR:

You're way overpaying.

TUS posted:

You're way overpaying.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Gorman Thomas posted:

I'm ringing the bell for Adam Humphries in PPR this week. He's been a solid play the last 2 weeks and the Pats D is garbage.
I like his targets over the past couple of weeks.

In 0.5 PPR, would you start him over any of:
Keenan Allen @ NYG
Adam Thielen @ CHI
Jarvis Landry vs. TEN (flex)

I love Thielen in general, but am a little concerned about inconsistent QB play with Keenum. Not crazy about Landry either. This week five bye is hitting my team pretty hard (Michael Thomas, Alvin Kamara, C.J. Anderson).

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Matt Zerella posted:

Nope, 1$ minimum bid. There should be free agency, it's loving dumb. The only reason I proposed FAAB is to get rid of stupid waiver order, not to eliminate free agency altogether.

FYI if you're on ESPN this can be changed. My league switched to FAAB last year but didn't understand what the settings were telling us until we got into the swing of things. A few weeks in we realized that, like you, we wanted one day of auction and then free agency after that. If your league likes the stupid way it's set up then you're poo poo out of luck, but if you're sticking with it because the season has already started then there's hope:

Using Chrome, Commish can go to the league settings for acquisitions and see that the options for waiver type are grayed out. Right click -> "inspect" then Ctrl+f in the new window to find playerAcquisitionTypeId and delete the piece of code that says 'disabled="disabled" '. Afterwards you should be able to select the previously inactive option and when you hit Save it actually sticks.

ESPN has really lovely code. There's also a way to propose a bad trade and then accept it on your opponents behalf to steal their players.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Maybe it makes more sense with deeper dynasty benches, but in a more typical league, having no way to respond to a surprise inactive is dumb.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I can't believe I am asking this but would anyone drop Stafford for Alex Smith at this point? Feels like Smith has a higher floor AND ceiling but maybe I am reading too much into the first four games?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Teeter posted:

FYI if you're on ESPN this can be changed. My league switched to FAAB last year but didn't understand what the settings were telling us until we got into the swing of things. A few weeks in we realized that, like you, we wanted one day of auction and then free agency after that. If your league likes the stupid way it's set up then you're poo poo out of luck, but if you're sticking with it because the season has already started then there's hope:

Using Chrome, Commish can go to the league settings for acquisitions and see that the options for waiver type are grayed out. Right click -> "inspect" then Ctrl+f in the new window to find playerAcquisitionTypeId and delete the piece of code that says 'disabled="disabled" '. Afterwards you should be able to select the previously inactive option and when you hit Save it actually sticks.

ESPN has really lovely code. There's also a way to propose a bad trade and then accept it on your opponents behalf to steal their players.

CBS and no in season changes are allowed

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MrSargent posted:

I can't believe I am asking this but would anyone drop Stafford for Alex Smith at this point? Feels like Smith has a higher floor AND ceiling but maybe I am reading too much into the first four games?

On the one hand, yeah only four games, against not the toughest opponents. On the other, that's a quarter of the season. Defenses that Smith is facing get tougher soon, so we'll see if he's for real. But if you wanna be sure you'll get him, you probably need to make that move sooner than later. Stafford has had a rougher schedule to start the year, should be a bit softer rest of way.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ben Nevis posted:

Maybe it makes more sense with deeper dynasty benches, but in a more typical league, having no way to respond to a surprise inactive is dumb.

This + you basically an't do anything midweek. Daily faab + FA from Sunday 12 AM to when players play is probably the best. In dyno just figure out what dollar value they equal in faab to roll it into your league structure.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

TUS posted:

Is your league PPR or standard? Also I'd definitely ship Howard or KHunt for a top tier WR instead of selling low on Zeke. He'll fix his unreliable scoring issues.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Dynasty question. Would you rather have Carr or Winston? -2 for INT and 20 yards per 1 point for passing, 4 pt TDs.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Two people in my big money league used up the rest of their FAAB money on: Latavius and Thomas Rawls. Rawls was 79 and Latavius was 61. The next highest bidder for Rawls was 21.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
What do y'all think about this trade (0.5 PPR 12 team)

GIVE: J Howard + Landry
GET: Hopkins

Current team
RB: Zeke, Monty, Howard, Powell, Duke
WR: Baldwin, Landry, Garcon, Humphries, Corey Davis

Guy I'm offering the deal to has Fat Rob, Veeren, and Forte at RB (yikes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Eddie Lacy or Wayne Gallman as an end of bench garbage RB for a team lacking impact backs? Full PPR.

• Locked thread