Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Goddamn, that watermelon task is an all-timer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gripweed posted:

"The worst task performance in 17 seasons." And I have a hard time arguing with Greg about that.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Nick and Steve basically breaking every rule and Alex lets them keep going despite knowing they will get disqualified.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

What watermelon task? You talking about the umbrella one?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Why do you umbrella say I'm acting umbrella sus-umbrella-peciously?

Random Stranger posted:

"The worst task performance in 17 seasons." And I have a hard time arguing with Greg about that.

Greg just forgot some of Bridget Christie's more perplexing perfomances.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

itry posted:

Why do you umbrella say I'm acting umbrella sus-umbrella-peciously?

Greg just forgot some of Bridget Christie's more perplexing perfomances.

Not to mention Baddiel and the lasso.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Desiree and the balloon popping.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Plucky Brit posted:

Desiree and the balloon popping.

Desiree is on record as to embracing the horrible performance because this is an entertainment show.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m starting to get legit worried that Sophie has learning difficulties and therefore laughing at her is problematic
She is from Bolton.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Another memorable horrible performance is when Sian Gibson screws up and just continues playing. And yet somehow she still beat Paul Sinha in the "get as close to Alex" task.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

How soon we forget Ed Gamble spending an hour and a half trying to get a duck into a pond and just ultimately surrendering.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
The best example of angry Iain Stirling is him breaking each rule on the sand bucket task like checking off a shopping list - it's a classic of failing the task. But yeah, this one is Alex at peak cunning. In general there's not a big chance that contestants will forget the fundamental premise of the task, even if one of the rules makes it difficult to get hold of the letter and check. But drop that risk into a task where everyone is preoccupied with remembering a secret task, and now you're cooking...

Small amounts of Taskmaster Australia Season 2 promotion are coming out, but often region-locked. Here's a reddit mirror of some Tom Cashman silliness.
https://www.reddit.com/r/video_mirrors/comments/1cuvv31/taskmaster_australia_house_tour_with_tom_cashman/

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

CatstropheWaitress posted:

How soon we forget Ed Gamble spending an hour and a half trying to get a duck into a pond and just ultimately surrendering.

I worried for Eds' wellbeing after that task, he was almost vibrating with self-loathing.

Another spectacular failure comes from season 10, where all the gang fails to get the egg into the frying pan, with special mention to Maawan Rizwan, who tried to make a helium egg and genuinely seemed puzzled at his own failure.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

What duck?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

See, this how you erase calm conversation, with sense and logic

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Joanne killing the mannequin in a task about making the mannequin alive. Incredible.

Joanne is my favourite so far. "I don't know what I was thinking. I pronounced it dead myself!" made me laugh so much.

Along with "It's an Irish handshake. When was the last time you were there? Things have changed." from several episodes ago.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So this was a cute video by Jenny from Taskmaster Australia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I9iRRKfYdk

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Jenny, Will, and Rhys are the only ones I know in any of the upcoming shows and is the reason I'll be watching AU for the first time, but then again I'd go out of my way to watch any of them in literally anything

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Too bad Lloyd Langford isn't in the UK one but oh well, great he's onat all.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
https://youtu.be/GGtuSmHLUJI?si=U-mKTeSnMNLYcV_0

Huh

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think I recall reading some of the devs of Lair of the Clockword God worked on that in some capacity. Most of that game was in the writing though, which would probably be mostly in the tasks and I guess banter in the studio sections if they have that in the VR game. Looks like it has the throwing stuff about part down.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Happy Taskmaster Australia day.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this australian cast has got the juice, you can immediately tell

also lol that tom calling joseph "the first cuck" made the edit

eke out fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 23, 2024

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Very cute that Australia's assistant has little Koala's on his chair in lieu of kittens.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

More Nick mirror shenanigans!

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Can I watch TM AU from the US? I have an ABC account.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Beerdeer posted:

Can I watch TM AU from the US? I have an ABC account.

Assuming the A stands for 'Australian' you should be able to with a VPN.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Taskmaster AU is Network Ten so any ABC account is useless

10play.com.au is where you want to go, but in my experience they're a pain in the hoop for VPNs

Very cute that Australia's assistant has little Koala's on his chair in lieu of kittens.

I only noticed the cockatoos in TM Tom's chair and the kangaroos on Lesser Tom's this morning, but the koalas are :3:

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Reddit's r/panelshow is a great community for discussing Taskmaster Australia....

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

TMAU also added 8-9 minutes to the episode length, which helps make up for the extra commercial breaks.

e: It also makes it hard to watch the whole thing during my lunch break

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 24, 2024

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
The part where they received the secret task feels like the first time we've got a good look inside the secret dressing room of the house.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'm really hoping that Lloyd and Anne have some kind of secret tasks they had to use to torment each other with. (They're a couple)

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Senor Tron posted:

I'm really hoping that Lloyd and Anne have some kind of secret tasks they had to use to torment each other with. (They're a couple)

I noticed that Lloyd was greeting Tom with words that start with ‘T’ , so I feel like that might be a secret task for him

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The invent a tradition task is very close to one of the Task Master S2 Minnesota ones. Wonder if our Midwestern boy got some props or employment from the mothership for the contribution or if it was parallel invention.

Nick is pulling off a wonderful run of being god awful at most tasks but still winning the hearts and minds of everyone watching. You love to see it.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 08:37 on May 24, 2024

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm starting to think John's personality revolves entirely around Queen and I'm worried about him.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i was only familiar with wil and lloyd, but the rest of the aus cast is great too. it's hosed up calling pūkeko that though.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

stev posted:

I'm starting to think John's personality revolves entirely around Queen and I'm worried about him.

no no you see it also revolves around shame, and used to also revolve around session ales, so he's well balanced

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I like AU contestants, and it's great that Lesser Tom is now canon. The one nitpick is they again had a task that had a very high chance of disqualifying everyone. It's so obvious scarecrows should be judged simply by the number of birds they failed to scare, the fewest unscared birds wins. It doesn't work as a binary at all. But it's me getting too deep into the meta aspect of the show, I suppose, it was a fun task to watch regardless.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kinda surprised everyone went for celebrating Alex on the Assistants' Day task. Coulda gone in a more Guy Fawkes' Night direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Tenebrais posted:

Kinda surprised everyone went for celebrating Alex on the Assistants' Day task. Coulda gone in a more Guy Fawkes' Night direction.

I was expecting a bonfire too. Maybe it was a health and safety issue. Joanne's attempt fit the spirit of the task the most I think, but Nick's song was also nice.