Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Well, I've got over 15,000 bonds now. Decided to go with an extra universal manual (since they only allow you one of those) and three zero-perk crew members since they can be invaluable to filling atypical slots on new tanks.

:pathetic: You are like a little baby.

:homebrew::homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Ho boy this new tier 8 meta of large clumps of impenetrable hulldown BZs, Viperas and SuperPattons (joined by older T56s and AMBT) slowly grinding each other down sure is fun.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

sauer kraut posted:

Ho boy this new tier 8 meta of large clumps of impenetrable hulldown BZs, Viperas and SuperPattons (joined by older T56s and AMBT) slowly grinding each other down sure is fun.

Vipera roof is like 20mm thick. And it angles down into frontal shots. The tree t8 is far and away more scarier.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Bought 100 boxes. Got the Vipera and the T9 French.

Edit: IDK, feel a little disappointed by this. More so then other years.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 1, 2022

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Logged in to get the free tank.
Named the village "Snowy Gibberish".
Logged out again.

Haven't played a battle in nearly two years and keeping it that way means I don't spend money on loot boxes. :toot:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Clarence posted:

Haven't played a battle in nearly two years and keeping it that way means I don't spend money on loot boxes. :toot:

This is the way.

I played one game in the SU-2-122 this morning because out of all of the tanks this was the one I was looking the most forward to. It is a hilarious tank and I love it dearly. The shells move like a volleyball soaring through the air and the double pen with gold is 740 damage.

On a T5 tank.

I spent more money to get my 2nd guaranteed tank and I got the Arnie tank. Which means I got: All of the little shits, the Char, the Arnie and the Vipera. Is the Vipera any better than the tech tree T8?

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Mesadoram posted:

Is the Vipera any better than the tech tree T8?

My experience with the Vipera is either I'm a hull down god and kill everybody in front of me, or I get penned by everybody no matter what I do and die.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TracerM17 posted:

My experience with the Vipera is either I'm a hull down god and kill everybody in front of me, or I get penned by everybody no matter what I do and die.

The roof on it is... a problem om paper. It seems like the tank ALWAYS needs to be slightly elevated to stop the easy roof pen.

Edit: Just as a reminder, you can buy machine tokens for resources if you fully upgrade your village. Its 2k resource per token.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 1, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bought 80 boxes, here's what I got:

The Chinese heavy is hilarious. Gold ammo has 800 base damage and good pen, which is just stupid. The rockets allow it to ram the gently caress out of anything and you get four charges.

The French light seems very tricky to play. Haven't tried the Iron Arnie yet.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, there's a very good chance you'll get everything in under 100 boxes.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
https://clips.twitch.tv/VastSavoryPepperTheRinger-u9aOzugmMnj2UTzd

:allears:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

Yeah, there's a very good chance you'll get everything in under 100 boxes.

A bunch of people on Reddit saying they bought a hundred boxes and got the two guaranteed T8s and nothing else of note. Skill also had AWFUL luck on his 200 free boxes.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I needed about 86 boxes to unlock everything.

The Iron Arnie feels like a good tank, looks like a good tank, has reliable frontal armor, decent mobility... but that gun handling. :bang:

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 1, 2022

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Bought 80 boxes, got 3 T8 premiums.

Probably still won't play much.

rip

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lol god drat the vipera sucks

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

lol god drat the vipera sucks

I had a pretty good game in mine. Lost 1k HP from arty spam, but otherwise hosed poo poo up.

Was having the game of a life time in my Leo Proto when my video card decided to crash. We won the game, but I missed out on A LOT of damage :smith:.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Already had AMBT.

In first 80 boxes, got the Rice Rocket.

In 2nd 28 boxes, got the Pattonnegger and the Goomba viper

in 3rd 12 boxes, got the Bofors Grand Prix - with three boxes left over.

Haven't actually hit the battle button since February. I'm such a loving moron.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Haven't actually hit the battle button since February. I'm such a loving moron.

At least you have all that gold now! :shepface:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

I had a pretty good game in mine. Lost 1k HP from arty spam, but otherwise hosed poo poo up.

oh well then that settles it

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

:magemage:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

oh well then that settles it

:hai:

What equipment do you have on yours?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

My haul:

First box: Redshire Cat

27x New Year Boxes:
SU-2-122
Constellation 3D Skin
A25 H.H. I
Pz KW I
Char Mle. 75

27x Christmas Boxes:
Jupiter Fulgur 3D Skin
Levante 3D Skin
Pz. 38H (duplicate)
M47 Iron Arnie
Asterius 3D Skin
A25 H.H. I (duplicate)

27 Lunar Boxes:
Sleipnir 3D Skin
Pz. 38H (duplicate)
A25 H.H. I (duplicate)

27 Magic Boxes:
Vipera (Guaranteed Vehicle Drop)
BZ-176
A25 H.H. I (duplicate)
Pz. KW I (duplicate)
A25 H.H. I (duplicate)
Pz. 38H (duplicate)

Plus 78d of premium, 41,750 useless gold, and 7m credits.

4,800 Crystal, 5,250 Emerald, 6,900 Amber, and 4,650 Iron

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Already had AMBT.

In first 80 boxes, got the Rice Rocket.

I haven't heard that term before but it sure looks a bit inappropriate unless that's actually the name of the item in-game, you wanna defend it or just edit it out?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Yeah I dunno if I am going to buy lootboxes this year like in previous years. Its not that I hate the game but I rekindled a previous passion and im hooked on that.

Would not mind that Chinese Heavy. That poo poo looks like it would be my jam.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Neat.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

:hai:

What equipment do you have on yours?

nothing because i sold it

the harry hopkins is an absolute menace. low tier shitter and all that but hoo boy is it good

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

HopperUK posted:

I haven't heard that term before but it sure looks a bit inappropriate unless that's actually the name of the item in-game, you wanna defend it or just edit it out?

The name of the tank is BZ-176, a new Chinese heavy tank. Even WG aren't so dumb as to name a Chinese tank the Rice Rocket lol

Katamari Democracy posted:

Would not mind that Chinese Heavy. That poo poo looks like it would be my jam.

They're for sure going to sell it separately later on.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Dec 2, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Skill has become a victim of his own popularity. In his last game he had five or six total people who were baboons, ie. drove up to him with their guns in the air, turning back and forth to dance for him. His policy is to not shoot dancers, and it's always funny to see.

It was pretty fun to watch him have a comedy meltdown. "How am I supposed to farm credits and play the game when everyone is baboon?"

But it has seriously been cool to see his popularity rise over these past few years. He's not a perfect guy or anything, but overall I feel like he's a positive influence on the game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Glad skill is getting more successful/popular.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Does anyone know if there's any benefit to buying stuff for the dog, or is it just a waste of gold?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

Does anyone know if there's any benefit to buying stuff for the dog, or is it just a waste of gold?

No clue, but pet the dog every day for a free 50 meteoric iron. Who knows, maybe at the end of the event your good boy brings you something based on how generous you were. Don't count on it, though.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The website mentions no bonuses other than taking your gold away at the end of the event.

Which does seem odd as gold is real cash basically.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I do like how they have the opera song from Fifth Element playing quietly in the background when you go to Milla's missions.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I appreciate that the bonus credits and exp are global bonuses for all non-premium vehicles instead of having to lock in a couplefew specific vehicles like last year.

You can probably get away with fully unlocking the xp/credit bonus with 40-50 of their respective boxes. I had several thousand leftover materials of all kinds after 200 boxes (50 of each).

Edit:
Isn't there some tiny chance of outright winning a tier9 tank from tokens instead of just getting pointless rental games in it? I wouldn't be too surprised if the dog "happiness level" or whatever could boost that chance somewhat.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 3, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

Absolutely none. It's just a very weird gold dump.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Played 6 games, have 5 blow-out losses.

I think I will take a break for now.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I don't see how the T9 pom-pom light doesn't get reworked into a double-tapper at some point. Three shot groups are just too wasteful.

It's also a change that could be made to a premium tank that I don't think anyone would mind.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 3, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

anyone who says the vipera isnt unplayable dogshit is gaslighting you into trying to get you into one so they can farm you

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Mesadoram posted:

Played 6 games, have 5 blow-out losses.

I think I will take a break for now.

I played 10 games last night and won one of them, and most weren't even close. Even the win was a 15-1 wrecking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I don't see how the T9 pom-pom light doesn't get reworked into a double-tapper at some point. Three shot groups are just too wasteful.

It's also a change that could be made to a premium tank that I don't think anyone would mind.

What a timely post, see the last match of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JElkhCg5pRk&t=822s

Just an incredible human being :allears: