Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

eXXon posted:

From an actual serious job ad I saw:

These are the jobs of the disruptive ~future~ IoT AI Big Data deep machine learning blockchain STEM

I should send this to my pal from college, he's a total sucker for those buzzwords. He's run a startup or two, by which I mean called himself the CEO and ultimately folded because he had no skills of his own and no one to work on his fabulous ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Furnaceface posted:

Are you trying to imply that when Canada reaches its Trump cycle we are going to elect a Don Cherry led Conservative Party?

No, the "X factor" with Trump that drove him to actually run was the fact that Barack Obama made his penis feel tiny and inadequate by presidenting while black, and then making fun of Donald Trump. Further, and thank god for this, we don't have a primary system, which it seems is responsible for all the political ills of America, including Berniebros, the Tea Party, Donald Trump, an a lunatic child molester almost becoming senator in Alabama.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I should send this to my pal from college, he's a total sucker for those buzzwords. He's run a startup or two, by which I mean called himself the CEO and ultimately folded because he had no skills of his own and no one to work on his fabulous ideas.

When you have a company that's entirely operated by directors, and you still have some douche calling himself a chief officer of loving anything, that's a really giant, flashing danger sign.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

CLAM DOWN posted:

Is the Bombardier C series actually objectively any good?

IIRC from this thread, the planes were best in class. Problem is there's barely any market for them.

Aviation aficionados please correct me

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
everything made by bombardier is trash

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

It's a legit great aircraft and there IS a market, except the market is also serviced by offerings by Airbus and Boeing (albeit the 737MAX is pretty old)

They made two mistakes
1) assuming they could overcome Toronto NIMBYism
2) not following the boeing/Airbus model and bribing the gently caress out of everyone.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

MA-Horus posted:

1) assuming they could overcome Toronto NIMBYism

lol. gently caress Porter.

Hey guys, I know we lied and misrepresented our expansion plans multiple times, but it's cool, we had to. For some reason you guys want to use your waterfront for something other than an airport, turns out that's not really compatible with trying to land jets on a tiny island.

So yeah, it's a shame their biggest customer was a lying huckster who thought he could just do whatever and bribe his way out of trouble when people caught on.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

PT6A posted:

When you have a company that's entirely operated by directors, and you still have some douche calling himself a chief officer of loving anything, that's a really giant, flashing danger sign.

Oh, for sure. He's a classic idea guy and obsessed with the idea of "disruptive" internet stuff, like Bitcoin and Snapchat. It's pure cargo culting, just some wealthy kid who sees these startups devouring the market out of nowhere and deciding his brilliant idea must be the coming thing. So he designs a logo, registers a website, gets himself some business cards as the CEO of a non-existent firm and seeks out angel investors who see he has nothing but an idea and never give him a chance.

He's a decent guy, but he's also loving stupid and privileged. Must be nice to not have to succeed to keep living.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

PT6A posted:

When you have a company that's entirely operated by directors

SSC?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

eXXon posted:

From an actual serious job ad I saw:

These are the jobs of the disruptive ~future~ IoT AI Big Data deep machine learning blockchain STEM

I can't wait until the volume and composition my farts can be analyzed and posted on Twitter.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
As opposed to the Something Awful forums?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Can't make money poo poo/fartposting here, if the past 12 years is any indicator.

Tootsuite, OTOH, is going to make me a billionaire.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
no, all your shitpost money goes to papa low tax

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Merry Christmas all you goons further west than me.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Merry Christmas, Canada!

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/945036829409140736

He actually says "middle class and those working hard to join it" in his Christmas message.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
If only I was born the son of a prime minister maybe I too could be part of the middle class

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

linoleum floors posted:

If only I was born the son of a prime minister maybe I too could be part of the middle class

Born on Christmas Day, no less!

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Prime minister Jesus ii

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Leofish posted:

Born on Christmas Day, no less!

Must be why he provides a halo effect for the rest of the Liberals.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Lobok posted:

Must be why he provides a halo effect for the rest of the Liberals.

I didn't make this for the 2015 election for nothing.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Truly a fitting heir, by divine right.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
drat that's a nice fireplace

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Happy birthday JT!!

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Stretch Marx posted:

Merry Christmas all you goons further west than me.

Merry Christmas to you, and to all goons further east than me!

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

linoleum floors posted:

You just have to work harder.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
There was a new ad from The Wolf of Whistler on my Facebook page today, but he's got it set up so it's impossible to get a permalink so your Christmas gift from me is not being able to watch it.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

HookShot posted:

There was a new ad from The Wolf of Whistler on my Facebook page today, but he's got it set up so it's impossible to get a permalink so your Christmas gift from me is not being able to watch it.

Is this some sort of shite Wolf of Wall Street ripoff, or is it actually about wolves?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I am going to assume by my new av that CI is Real Mad about being probated.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol. It's pretty good though.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Franks Happy Place posted:

I am going to assume by my new av that CI is Real Mad about being probated.

Even while probated, Grouchy Santa manages to bring the gift of red text for the holidays

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
This question probably needs a dreylad and non-dreylad section but:

Does anyone have any recommendations for good Canadian history reading? I've been fighting with this book Word Crimes which is about the development of blasphemy in the UK in the 19th Century. The topic is interesting, but I'd probably be much more interested in reading about something similar about Canada. Same for having read Born to Lose recently — it's a fantastic book, and I'd love to find something of similar quality and insight about Canadian history.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Is this some sort of shite Wolf of Wall Street ripoff, or is it actually about wolves?

I’ll let you YouTube it for yourself.

Spoiler alert: it’s terrifying!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lmao

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Mmm, could use a human skull somewhere in the background, or maybe he could be holding a brandy snifter.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

What a bell end.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Leofish posted:

Merry Christmas, Canada!

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/945036829409140736

He actually says "middle class and those working hard to join it" in his Christmas message.

It's great that the lower class has become the class which must not be named

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Booourns posted:

It's great that the lower class has become the class which must not be named

?? What do you mean friend? There is no lower class, just those working hard to join the middle class

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Lower class beIng hard working people, recent immigrants, millennials with two degrees. The usual suspects

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Risky Bisquick posted:

Lower class beIng hard working people, recent immigrants, millennials with two degrees. The usual suspects

If they were really working hard they'd have joined the middle class by now. :pseudo:

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
https://twitter.com/LaureenHarper/status/943656307503984640

Laureen has strong opinions about cougars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

I'm the striped socks that show that beneath my tough exterior as a wolf in human form I'm actually also a fun guy that you'd like to have a beer with.