Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Randbrick posted:

This dude is a human 90s self help business book soaked in rohypnol.

loving lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

lol "immigration is down" framed as a good thing

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/888470847266205696

this is the kind of reporting we're in for

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I will never cease to be surprised at how transparently desperate the press is to get everything back to the status quo.

Those days are gone, guys.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"Immigration is down" is an accomplishment. Not "illegal immigration". just immigration

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

No Butt Stuff posted:

I hate the way she speaks

She sounds like she has the most utter disdain for everything she is doing at that moment and just wants to get this over with so that she can get back to reading her lovely crime novel.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

who the gently caress cares what she thinks about her job

ASKIN HARD HITTING QUESTIONS

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Run, Sarah, run!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

"Just the dreamiest."

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
SMOKE BOMB!

what event does trump have?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Democrats updated their slogan. Now it's A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone

empty whippet box posted:

SMOKE BOMB!

what event does trump have?

They rented a big truck for him to drive around the white house grounds.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Sinteres posted:

Democrats updated their slogan. Now it's A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future.

Welp, here's hoping for 2024

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

No Butt Stuff posted:

who the gently caress cares what she thinks about her job

ASKIN HARD HITTING QUESTIONS

I expect that even the people still trying to point out how mindlessly meaningless and uninformative these briefings are are tired of hearing 'I haven't spoken with Trump about that' as a blanket deflection for everything in all of existence.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I dislike how she uses her kids as a prop to dunk on reporters while she ignores their questions.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Petr posted:

Yesterday: "why are they talking about skills, they should talk about a better future"
today: "Why are they talking about a better future, they should be talking about X"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Sinteres posted:

How about just A Better Deal?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

No Butt Stuff posted:

How about just A Better Deal?

The main slogan is that

The other part is the subtitle

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

I dislike how she uses her kids as a prop to dunk on reporters while she ignores their questions.

She almost certainly hires someone to help with her kids anyway.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Everybody's a critic. There's nothing wrong with that slogan.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Trabisnikof posted:

It's called mommy jacking a conversation. Having kids is the hardest thing on earth and being a mom is the most important thing ever. I'm a child not having woman and I've had multiple women do this to me to discredit the work i've done on various things or difficulties i've had. I wanted to throat punch her.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Petr posted:

It could definitely be a little punchier, but I appreciate any sign of life from the Dems. This doesn't even rank on the 'dumb decisions' list for American politics, it's downright workable.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

FunkMonkey posted:

"Just the dreamiest."

it's pathetic that all Trump had to do was put a fresh coat of paint on the dumpster fire and it got just about every mainstream reporter swooning

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sinteres posted:

It's too long :colbert: You get three things in a list for a slogan. A fourth, even if it's like a title/subtitle thing, is just clunky.

Drop the "A Better Deal" part and we're good. "Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future" flows much better, doesn't it?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Yesterday: "why are they talking about skills, they should talk about a better future"
today: "Why are they talking about a better future, they should be talking about X"

A Better Deal: Martin O'Malley Would Have Won

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

The Democratic Party: Meh, You Could Do Worse

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

The main slogan is that

The other part is the subtitle

Ah, so

A Better Deal
Better Wages, Better Jobs, Better Future

That's fine.

silicone thrills posted:

It's called mommy jacking a conversation. Having kids is the hardest thing on earth and being a mom is the most important thing ever. I'm a child not having woman and I've had multiple women do this to me to discredit the work i've done on various things or difficulties i've had. I wanted to throat punch her.

Maybe if you'd had children you would have learned to deal with those emotions over such trivial things a little better.

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

Sinteres posted:

That isn't an update people just ignored the main part yesterday.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sinteres posted:

This is actually pretty decent, as long as they focus on the Better Deal portion of it and only drill down into the other three sometimes. Otherwise it's got more betters than a Regina Spektors song :v:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
A slogan isn't going to decide anything anyway, who gives a poo poo. If they run a lovely candidate we can start to arzy.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Sinteres posted:

Yeah this is just kneejerk self-recrimination. It's a good slogan. A better slogan, even.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Petr posted:

Sounds like a good slogan to me :confused:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

Ah, so

A Better Deal
Better Wages, Better Jobs, Better Future

That's fine.

Yeah, basically this.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Giggy posted:

That isn't an update people just ignored the main part yesterday.

Nah, if this one is accurate, they switched out the "better skills" part for "better future"

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

This is actually pretty decent, as long as they focus on the Better Deal portion of it and only drill down into the other three sometimes. Otherwise it's got more betters than a Regina Spektors song :v:

I appreciate that reference.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

botany posted:

A slogan isn't going to decide anything anyway, who gives a poo poo. If they run a lovely candidate we can start to arzy.

There will be a bunch of lovely Dems running in 2018. It's the House. You have to be insane or love gladhanding to want that job.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That's not bad but let's see if they actually push any real policies that would help anyone.

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Nah, if this one is accurate, they switched out the "better skills" part for "better future"

Ahh my bad, I thought it was the better deal part we were talking about. That is a better slogan.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Trabisnikof posted:

There will be a bunch of lovely Dems running in 2018. It's the House. You have to be insane or love gladhanding to want that job.

I meant for president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Guys, I was just kidding.

I don't really have any hope for 2024.

• Locked thread