Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I think alot about many ab-soul lines like this regularly

Black Hippy..three amazing artists and the guy who traps you in the kitchen at a house party ranting about chemtrails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Says the guy who as far as the thread knows, has not listened to the album.

I’ve been away for a week!!! Tonight

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

terrorist threats is like a top 10 tde song

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i guess its like 90% cause of danny tho that verse is bonkers

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

absolutely sickening that TDE never did a full collab album when they had Kendrick on the roster

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

40 lbs to freedom posted:

terrorist threats is like a top 10 tde song

same with book of soul.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Druggy with hoes, again, is my favorite TDE song. Extra peeeeeeeeeeels

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

absolutely sickening that TDE never did a full collab album when they had Kendrick on the roster
Black Panther soundtrack comes closest. Kendrick's on several of the tracks, Schoolboy Q's on one, Ab-Soul's on one, SZA's on one, Jay Rock's on one, etc.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Black hippy album due any day now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"yall be actin like the TDE don't run LA
word to Dr. Dre/ Detox is like a mix away"

i think about this line very regularly

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

trying to picture a posse cut from black hippy a la marley marls symphony or of's oldie and i just can't

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

trying to picture a posse cut from black hippy a la marley marls symphony or of's oldie and i just can't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jug2HZ3dkoc

it\s real and it's fabulous

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spfsdpuvUyQ

my fav tde posse cut that isnt tde

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

goat track

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i guess its like 90% cause of danny tho that verse is bonkers

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Kick your game split your flow
Can't gently caress with this top dawg poo poo tho

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

Yes, I am still listening to a Papi and Neph tracks 8 months later. I do not understand,

same

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

RBX posted:

Actually reading Pitchfork is nuts

lol if you do more than glance at the number

9.0 — 10.0: undeniable classic, and/or the reviewer is currently suffering a nervous breakdown
8.5 — 8.9: love it and are pretty sure we can say so without fear of being cringe
8.0 — 8.4: love it but aren't sure if it's cringe to say so
6.0 — 7.9: meh, or didn't have time to actually listen to the album
<6.0: trying to make a point and/or the reviewer is currently suffering a nervous breakdown

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 18, 2022

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

rhis is one of the best songs ever danny the goat and earl raps like hes awake

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

finally listened to the new vince and it’s boring as gently caress, he’s lost it. hate to say it

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

yep

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

my fav album this year is actually denzel. it's been on repeat. i've listened to mr moral like 5 times and that's probably enough for me, sad to say. it's good and i like it but it's like watching an epic thinky movie or something. hard to describe

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

lol if you do more than glance at the number

9.0 — 10.0: undeniable classic, and/or the reviewer is currently suffering a nervous breakdown
8.5 — 8.9: love it and are pretty sure we can say so without fear of being cringe
8.0 — 8.4: love it but aren't sure if it's cringe to say so
6.0 — 7.9: meh, or didn't have time to actually listen to the album
<6.0: trying to make a point and/or the reviewer is currently suffering a nervous breakdown

hey alright

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

my fav album this year is actually denzel. it's been on repeat. i've listened to mr moral like 5 times and that's probably enough for me, sad to say. it's good and i like it but it's like watching an epic thinky movie or something. hard to describe
Yeah, I enjoy the new Denzel and Pusha more than Kendrick

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

finally listened to the new vince and it’s boring as gently caress, he’s lost it. hate to say it

the album needs to be sped up or something lol. feels like all the beats are running at half speed and so is vince's rapping

it also just kinda blends together way too much. i like Player Ways and Aye! tho

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The Denzel album is very cool. Xwing and John Wayne are the standouts aside from the singles IMO

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Listening to some Flume this afternoon and I don't think I'd ever heard the deluxe edition of his debut album before, only the standard edition. Dude's got remixes with Ghostface Killah on one track, then Killer Mike on the next, then Boldy James on the next, then Freddie Gibbs on the next :eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRnMPHYqgh8

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

it sucks. he really really needed to change up his style on this album (having perfected it on the last one) and he didn't change anything at all. just mid versions of his usual stuff.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://twitter.com/coolshirtz/status/1526853526265430016

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/LupeFiasco/status/1527005239085346817?s=20&t=PeE2EL9411QE5Xy9hwOZkQ

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Let's gooo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

same cover style as Tetsuo & Youth…

ok mah diq hard

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Yeah I’m still bummed. I have barely listened to it since it came out. Dude needs a loving cup of coffee or something. Not every song needs to be Meek Mill Human Megaphone hype music but drat he just sounds asleep almost all the time. He wakes up on Magic! Definitely miss the 06/Big Fish/FM! type-Vince

Denzel record is my favorite of the year so far as well

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

We blessed this year

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Scaring the hoes szn let's get it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rageaholic posted:

One of the best hip-hop albums of the last decade

I'd argue of the last 30 years. It's insane how good it is and how nothing else sounds like it before or since not even Danny.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
It’s good and I love that he took a big swing but it’s not even the best Danny Brown record, which is XXX by some distance.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
https://twitter.com/stereogum/status/1527089623599484928

quote:

Breakup rumors are swirling around Migos after users noticed that Offset had unfollowed band members Quavo and Takeoff on Instagram. Even more suspicious? Cardi B, Offset’s wife, has apparently also unfollowed the two Atlanta rappers. This comes on the heels of Quavo and Takeoff announcing they were releasing new music as a duo called Unc And Phew (Quavo, of course, is Takeoff’s uncle, so the name definitely fits). Their new song is called “Hotel Lobby.”

The actual site is down (lol), but this was from the excerpt in my RSS feed. :corsair:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

gently caress....yes.......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I was only listening to the first half of drogas wave yesterday. Sick.