Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

therealjon_ posted:

You got TWO QUESTIONS FOR ME, TWO QUESTIONS ... I got ONE ANSWER!

Also, that the guy who carries around a half million in coke and a piece of property that makes millions every day also has a criminal organization that has to have a group cry when his daughter is kidnapped. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I love the part after Al rescues his daughter and calls him.

Mike: I'd kill a man to hear the other side of this conversation.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Very similar to the line from Galaxy Invader:

"I would give every last dollar in my checking account to see this family play a game of Scrabble."

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
What's weird for me with Guy From Harlem is that I don't feel the hilarity really gets going until Small-Boobed Jessica Simpson shows up. Up until that point, it's still funny don't get me wrong, but it's not any funnier than most VOD's. Then that happens, and the film becomes magical.

I'd also comment about the character of Big Daddy, but, you know NOBODY EVER SEES HIM!

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
It's a bit slow in the early parts but I do love the room service "Hope you like burnt steak and lovely scotch".

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Downloading "Viva, Knievel" right now. I'm excited for this.

Sample:
http://youtu.be/k24GRpyF20E

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 5, 2013

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rifftrax posted:

Evel Knievel was a 70s icon most known for the “stunt” of flying across the country to beat his former promoter, an executive at 20th Century Fox, outside the studio commissary with an aluminum baseball bat, shattering the man’s arm while shouting “I’m going to kill you!” Okay, that’s not what he’s most known for, but it’s what he should be most known for. I mean, did you know that? We didn’t know that. But it just might come up once or twice in our new Rifftrax of Viva Knievel!

The cast of this movie is basically a list of names designed to make you go “whoa, all those people are in this movie?” Screen legend Gene Kelly! Red Buttons! Lauren Hutton! Frank Gifford! Space Mutiny’s Cameron Mitchell! Dabney Coleman! The inexplicably-named Marjoe Gortner! And, perhaps best of all, the diabolical druglord villain played by none other than Leslie Nielsen! If you’ve seen him in The Naked Gun or Airplane! every line he says will sound like a joke to you, and trust us friends, that is a very good thing.

From Evel waking up orphans late at night to give them his own shoddy action figure merchandise, to, oh right, the occasional motorcycle jump, there’s almost too much to like about this one. So grab your baseball bat and join Mike, Kevin, and Bill as they spectacularly fail to jump Snake River Canyon and see Viva Knievel!

Holy poo poo this sounds epic. And have I mentioned lately that I love the new poster designs?

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Marjoe Gortner's name isn't inexplicable, it's a contraction of Mary and Joesph because his parents were evangelists who made him the youngest ordained minister and evangelist at the age of 4. He became famous because of the Academy Award winning documentary Marjoe which followed the end of his young adult ministrations which he did solely for money and after a crisis of conscience he decided to have a documentary crew follow him so he could expose all of the tricks. He then tried to do regular movies such as Earthquake and Food of the Gods.

LP97S fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 5, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My God, Viva Knievel! has the most '70s cast since The Towering Inferno (or for MSTies, SST: Death Flight). All that's missing is Doug McClure.

Holy poo poo, Irwin Allen was a producer! This is gonna be amazing.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

quote:

And, perhaps best of all, the diabolical druglord villain played by none other than Leslie Nielsen! If you’ve seen him in The Naked Gun or Airplane! every line he says will sound like a joke to you, and trust us friends, that is a very good thing.

Next sale or deal I'm buying this movie. How could I resist seeing that?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

IUG posted:

Next sale or deal I'm buying this movie. How could I resist seeing that?

Buy it now. Viva Knievel! approaches Guy from Harlem levels of hilarity.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Viva Knievel is a loving WEIRD film. Especially how Leslie Nielsen's plan doesn't really make any sense and doesn't get explained very well ever.

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~

muscles like this? posted:

Viva Knievel is a loving WEIRD film. Especially how Leslie Nielsen's plan doesn't really make any sense and doesn't get explained very well ever.

Who needs good plans when you have exact duplicates of everything.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
"Farrah Fawcett is almost definitely a lizard person."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watching Viva Knievel! now. "No Mrs. It's Miss. M-S." "More like PMS!"

I'm only a little over 10 minutes in and it's already pretty strange. Can't wait to see where this is gonna go.

edit: "Dad? Dad? I'm Tommy, your son!" "Where the hell did you come from?!" :stare:

edit2: Why, oh why, is Evel Knievel sneaking through a mental hospital dressed as an orderly and picking locks? :psyboom:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Apr 7, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The funniest part about the orderly bit is that he dresses up in that outfit but then still sneaks around unseen. Why bother?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's the kind of movie where a guy riding a motorcycle full tilt through a mental hospital doesn't even register as strange because the bar for strange is so drat high.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watching Breaker Breaker now and Chuck Norris looks....very un-Chuck Norris like :staredog:

edit: "David Lynch watched this movie and said 'What the hell?'"

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 7, 2013

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Okay, super-spergy question here... I just got "Cool as Ice" and "Viva Kenivel" and will probably watch them back to back tonight. What's weird is that these were both major studio releases by Universal and Warner Bros. respectively. In "Cool as Ice", the Rifftrax file begins the film a few seconds late (in fact you can hear that they didn't correct the audio as it starts abruptly with the title sequence) and doesn't have the Universal logo, while in "Viva Kenivel", where the Warner Bros. logo would go is just a blank screen. If they got permission from the studios to release these movies, why aren't they allowed to use the logos?

Also, is "Breaker Breaker" any good?

EDIT: "Viva Kenieval"; Oh my God this opening scene is loving creepy.

EDIT 2: Oh Jesus, Gene Kelly going all :byodood: in that mental hospital.

Robert Denby fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 8, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Robert Denby posted:

Okay, super-spergy question here... I just got "Cool as Ice" and "Viva Kenivel" and will probably watch them back to back tonight. What's weird is that these were both major studio releases by Universal and Warner Bros. respectively. In "Cool as Ice", the Rifftrax file begins the film a few seconds late (in fact you can hear that they didn't correct the audio as it starts abruptly with the title sequence) and doesn't have the Universal logo, while in "Viva Kenivel", where the Warner Bros. logo would go is just a blank screen. If they got permission from the studios to release these movies, why aren't they allowed to use the logos?

I don't know the answer but if I had to guess it's because MGM isn't an independent studio any more while Warner Brothers is still quasi-independent no matter who Time-Warner has merged with this week.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 8, 2013

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Just realized there's a Starcrash joke in Viva Knievel. I really hope this is an omen of things to come.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, I understand that technically those jumps are hard but they sure don't look it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

edit: "David Lynch watched this movie and said 'What the hell?'"

That joke works just as well for Cool As Ice, too. I mean you'd think a Vanilla Ice film would be pretty straightforward, but it's only slightly less weird than Super Mario Bros.

I can only hope they decide to do Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em next.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The latest short is another driver education scare film and it is as loving stupid as the entire decade that was the 1970s.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I need to get the last two shorts. At least these safety videos are pretty fun to mock despite the terrible things happening in them. Seeing some of the ones they picked in MST3K that are just really depressing but without the corny charm they have here. Mostly the Union Pacific ones that are just have no real redeeming factors and just terrible shorts in general even with riffs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The best part of the latest one is that I guess it's supposed to be a warning about drunk driving but the idiot kills himself in a low-speed accident that probably would've happened anyway if he had been sober (he crashes a lovely little compact into a telephone pole passing another car on an empty straight road).

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 12, 2013

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Rirse posted:

Yeah I need to get the last two shorts. At least these safety videos are pretty fun to mock despite the terrible things happening in them. Seeing some of the ones they picked in MST3K that are just really depressing but without the corny charm they have here. Mostly the Union Pacific ones that are just have no real redeeming factors and just terrible shorts in general even with riffs.

I'll give you Days of our Years being unbearably dull, but Last Clear Chance is my favorite MST short of all time. It's got a whole Iowa worth of corn, and the riffs, aside from being great, have some of the best timing and delivery of anything they've ever done.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

DoombatINC posted:

I'll give you Days of our Years being unbearably dull, but Last Clear Chance is my favorite MST short of all time. It's got a whole Iowa worth of corn, and the riffs, aside from being great, have some of the best timing and delivery of anything they've ever done.

It was mostly Days of our Years I was referring to. I liked Last Clear Chance a lot more the second time I watched it.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
"Why don't they look?" :smith:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Just got Viva Knievel.... seriously... :psyduck:

I think Guy from Harlem has a contender to best VOD

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Canned Panda posted:

Just got Viva Knievel.... seriously... :psyduck:

I think Guy from Harlem has a contender to best VOD

It's so ridiculous. The seventies were a Golden Age of bizarre and stupid movies.

God what I wouldn't give for a RiffTrax of The Swarm.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Viva Knievel's riff made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe.

Oh boy a hospital! That's where I get to go home and Mommy doesn't! :neckbeard:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So how was the "Warriors of the Wasteland" VoD? I didn't know it was a 'sequel' to MST3K classic, Escape 2000.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rirse posted:

So how was the "Warriors of the Wasteland" VoD? I didn't know it was a 'sequel' to MST3K classic, Escape 2000.

If you like cars with wobbly plastic props driving aimlessly as pyrotechnic mortars go off, your best choice is the Barry Bostwick classic MegaForce.

But if you wanted a second choice, with the Rifftrax guys, you can't go wrong with WotW.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's so ridiculous. The seventies were a Golden Age of bizarre and stupid movies.

God what I wouldn't give for a RiffTrax of The Swarm.

That would be perfect. I want to show more people The Swarm but I never want to make them sit through that marathon by itself.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MassRanTer posted:

That would be perfect. I want to show more people The Swarm but I never want to make them sit through that marathon by itself.

Irwin Allen is such a rich vein of crap I wonder why they've only just gotten to it.

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum
Am I the only one wondering why they haven't considered riffing big-budget TV shows?

A riffed Game of Thrones would be glorious.

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~

Imapanda posted:

Am I the only one wondering why they haven't considered riffing big-budget TV shows?

A riffed Game of Thrones would be glorious.

They riffed Lost and Grey's Anatomy.
I don't think a GoT rifftrax would be that good though.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Those were the pilots, not the whole series by the way. I just hope they do more TV movies, someone mentioned Iriwn Allen so possibly the terrible 1976 "Flood!" starring their favorite Cameron Mitchell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
For those who haven't added it to their collection, Jurassic Park is reduced to $1.99 for a limited time. And why exactly haven't you seen that riff yet? Because it's easily top ten material.

• Locked thread