Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds perfect to me. I don't have pm s but I'll reply in this post in a few days. Where you shipping from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Sounds perfect to me. I don't have pm s but I'll reply in this post in a few days. Where you shipping from

Michigan, the shipping shouldn't be too much because I have the cards all in individual clear plastic card cases. I should have mentioned I don't have any of the original boxes if that's an issue.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Beautiful ok. I'll let ya know in a few.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Sorry for the stupid/noob question, but:

Any tips on where I can preorder the L5R LCG? Amazon says it won't be available until 11/30; I called a LFGS and they said they're having distributor issues with FFG (something I am vaguely aware is a "thing"); I know some places are holding tourneys as soon as early October so surely the game will have wider release than just the GenCon stuff by then.

Thanks in advance for any help.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TipTow posted:

Sorry for the stupid/noob question, but:

Any tips on where I can preorder the L5R LCG? Amazon says it won't be available until 11/30; I called a LFGS and they said they're having distributor issues with FFG (something I am vaguely aware is a "thing"); I know some places are holding tourneys as soon as early October so surely the game will have wider release than just the GenCon stuff by then.

Thanks in advance for any help.

CSI has preorders up. http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/241673

You need to buy $100 worth for free shipping, which would be about 3 cores if you're going all in.

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
Yup, that's what I did. Comes to a about $102 for three cores so it's a pretty good deal. Normally i'd go to my FLGS but the of the two around here one only supports in-store gaming part time (don't ask, it's awful) and the other only promotes MTG tournaments at the expense of everyone else.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Terrific, thanks a ton!

I was only going to get one core initially, but hard to pass up that discount.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rad. Altar I survived and I'm still interested lol. You still up?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Rad. Altar I survived and I'm still interested lol. You still up?

Good to hear that everything is ok. I have to work long hours this week so I won't be able to get anything out until Friday. If you want to get me your shipping address I can get you my PayPal and we can get things worked out. My email is darwalker@hotmail.com

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If we can do like one more day that'd be perfect :D. I'll send you a email tomorrow?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

If we can do like one more day that'd be perfect :D. I'll send you a email tomorrow?

That sounds fine. Whenever is good for you will work for me.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
New Netrunner core set finally official

https://t.co/5BECflm8zG https://t.co/JT2n9z73QR

No new cards, still need 3x if you're new to the game.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

I completely forgot until I just looked at my binder with all the insert for the different sets that the person that I bought the collection from didn't have some of them. Luckily they are all online so I printed off the ones I didn't receive. I think there's only one chapter pack that you are buying that has a printed off one. Let me know if this is an issue.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah do you know which one off hand

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Nah do you know which one off hand

I think the Hills of Emyn Muil but I'm not at home. I have them all printed out and in a binder so I'll send it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Did you try emailing me today? I accidentally deleted a bunch of messages so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Bottom Liner posted:

New Netrunner core set finally official

https://t.co/5BECflm8zG https://t.co/JT2n9z73QR

No new cards, still need 3x if you're new to the game.

So this is the Netrunner equivalent to AGoT 2.0?

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
No, it's just for card rotation purposes.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah, no new cards and still Netrunner 1.0, just a better entry point for new players after rotation instead of buying the original core and the packs that are being cycled out for tournament play. They used this to add a lot of the original core cards to the ban list after rotation and keep some of the core cards from the first two cycles in rotation.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

rip account siphon

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah, no new cards and still Netrunner 1.0, just a better entry point for new players after rotation instead of buying the original core and the packs that are being cycled out for tournament play. They used this to add a lot of the original core cards to the ban list after rotation and keep some of the core cards from the first two cycles in rotation.

If someone wanted to use this as a jumping on point, is there a definitive list of what packs should be bought with/after the new core (assuming quite a few would be redundant now).

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rad Valtar sent you a email today

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

If someone wanted to use this as a jumping on point, is there a definitive list of what packs should be bought with/after the new core (assuming quite a few would be redundant now).

The original core and first two cycles are out, so new core, all big box expansions, and third cycle on.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Steve2911 posted:

I think if you are planning to play in tournaments the New core x3 would be all you need to start, and then any new releases. The new core is made up of stuff from the original core and the previous expansions and is the only stuff that will be tournament legal I believe.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Pash posted:

I think if you are planning to play in tournaments the New core x3 would be all you need to start, and then any new releases. The new core is made up of stuff from the original core and the previous expansions and is the only stuff that will be tournament legal I believe.

Wrong, you'd be missing like 5 cycles of cards.

Rotation is dropping the first two cycles from competitive play, but the new core keeps some of those cards around while dropping some from the original core. So it's still a big investment to be competitive.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

StashAugustine posted:

rip account siphon

Thank god.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

canyoneer posted:

Yeah I'd be down for a lot of the stuff that Empress Brosephine doesn't want.

Let me know if you are still interested in any of my Lord of the Rings LCG that I have left before I try listing it other places.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

as you ought to be able to tell from my av, i hate my opponents and wish them ill

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Man, I was waiting for them to potentially reboot Netrunner because I loved the original Garfield game as a kid, and would love to play it again now...but all I have is a single original core I can't use anymore and THIS is not what I wanted at all. Sigh.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It doesn't sound like you're playing in tournaments anyway so just ignore rotation and play with your cards

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That...is a good point!

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
So L5R is going to be a board game, a new RPG (different dice system as well), as the LCG. I think FFG are in this for the long haul.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

SirFozzie posted:

So L5R is going to be a board game, a new RPG (different dice system as well), as the LCG. I think FFG are in this for the long haul.

If you're going to acquire an IP, you might as well leverage it in every way possible.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I just want to geek out about Arkham Horror a bit. I know I'm behind the curve but I bought the core set and then swiftly got a second, plus Dunwich. I'll gladly fit this game into my budget. There's something so very satisfying about every decision along the way.

Today I had cultists spawn behind me in a bottleneck location, with a big baddie coming closer and closer. At the last minute, I drew Dynamite and did 15 points of damage with it total. Took out two cultists instantly and then plugged 3 bullets into the boss after it finally engaged me. One more turn and I would have died.

Both of my gaming groups have enjoyed the game too. There really just is something about it.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

SirFozzie posted:

Remember they lost the GW license, so they're filling holes in their lines right now. L5R the boardgame seems to be heavily inspired by Forbidden Stars (legit great game).

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
L5R is a fantastic property that AEG managed to squander with constant bad decision and design. I'm pretty excited for the LCG because FFG excels at both of those things.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So is L5R being licensed or does FFG actually own it? That is, can L5R be Games Workshop'ed away at a later date?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

GrandpaPants posted:

So is L5R being licensed or does FFG actually own it? That is, can L5R be Games Workshop'ed away at a later date?

They bought the license, it's theirs.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Single Tight Female posted:

Doomtown returns via the magic of Kickstarter

God knows if this'll renew interest in this twice dead game, but it did fully fund in like an hour, and once all the stretch goals unlock the actual There Comes A Reckoning set will be priced similarly to previous Pine Boxes. Plus you can buy the whole drat thing (about 2400 cards) for like $250 which is probably pretty good?

OG Doomtown was a fantastic game, but I think a lot of its success had to do with the poker boom going on at the time, a fantastic story team, and the sheer variety of factions and styles of play. The new one had none of those things going for it.

Original Doomtown is my favorite CCG of all time, but despite buying almost all the expansion of Reloaded I just could not get that into it.

edit: Lots of old AEG talk lately. I'd like to see someone competently bring back Warlord. That game was rad as hell until that weird German company took over and started making nude variant cards and poo poo

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Thirsty Dog posted:

L5R the boardgame seems to be heavily inspired by Forbidden Stars (legit great game).

Looks more Game of Thrones board gamey to me, though I'd love to see them do a new Forbidden Stars with a different theme and more content.