Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

veni veni veni posted:

I'm at work but someone should post those awesome lego titans.

These?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnxmbfgqhSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PNI0aN5Rb4

Antoine Silvere posted:

Is there a guide up somewhere? If I knew what parts/kits to buy I would definitely do it

Not a ball but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Titan model kits would be pretty sweet, especially if they're Gunpla-quality.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I feel like Nuclear Ejection is going to get nerfed in Bounty Hunt, but until that point comes I'm going to go ahead and win most games with it.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

I could get only 1 pilot kill per match for the rest of my titanfall 2 career and I'll still be ok with that after this match.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Exposure posted:

I could get only 1 pilot kill per match for the rest of my titanfall 2 career and I'll still be ok with that after this match.

That is very impressive, great work!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I really hate how they never fixed the bug from the first game where ejecting doesn't always work when taking damage. I mash the poo poo out of the eject button when I'm doomed. It should always work. That and not always being notified that a Titan is dropping on you.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Mill Village posted:

I really hate how they never fixed the bug from the first game where ejecting doesn't always work when taking damage. I mash the poo poo out of the eject button when I'm doomed. It should always work. That and not always being notified that a Titan is dropping on you.

It should absolutely not warn you if a titan is falling on you

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nah. Those are cool but this guy knocked it out of the park. I wish he'd do the rest.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Yeah, those look a lot better. That Ion is pretty rad.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

Nah. Those are cool but this guy knocked it out of the park. I wish he'd do the rest.

Wish I could buy these too :sigh:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Antoine Silvere posted:

Wish I could buy these too :sigh:

:stare: I'd so put those on a desk as decorations.

EA should throw money at LEGO and make those real, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Lightning Knight posted:

:stare: I'd so put those on a desk as decorations.

EA should throw money at LEGO and make those real, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Doubt Lego would pick it up since Titanfall would probably be considered too violent, despite Lego's shift over the years. Get ready for Titanfall by Mega Bloks.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Argas posted:

Doubt Lego would pick it up since Titanfall would probably be considered too violent, despite Lego's shift over the years. Get ready for Titanfall by Mega Bloks.

Aren't there LEGO Halo and Call of Duty sets?

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

Aren't there LEGO Halo and Call of Duty sets?

No, those are also Mega Bloks sets.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. Lego doesn't really mess with violent ips unless they are something like Star Wars or Marvel that is so monumentally huge it doesn't matter.

Sets also have to be playable toys as well so the really badass liking fam made robots would never make it to production anyways unfortunately.

Video game building toys alway end up getting made by mega blocks or other knockoff brands and they are junky looking. I think mega blocks actually did TF1 iirc.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is the part/build list for those titans around?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I don't follow this. AI is there as a bone for the bad players so that they can feel they contribute. This was a stated design goal all the way back on Titanfall 1. They don't skill balance anything and aren't a threat to anyone but the most rank amateur, newest player. (your occasional buck-wild Reaper excepted). They are there for ambiance and to help bad players feel good about themselves. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this but calling them a "balance to the differentials" is wrong.

The answer to your question is "match making should play out by matching players of similar ability together". Regardless of mode, regardless of bots on the field, your opponents should be *relatively* near your skill level. There should not be huge intra-match variances in skills. For example, if each team has one guy with 35 kills and 90% of the team's points and the rest of the team has made no meaningful contributions, that is a "balanced" match in terms of player skill at the team level, but at the individual level it's an utter failure.

Again, I don't expect miracles. I would expect to see balanced matches 50% of the time. With a huge influx of players over the free weekend, my matches actually got substantially worse and I spent nearly the entire time getting matched against stacks of players who were individually better than me by a lot, better than anyone on my team, and as a group were absolutely unstoppable. And I'm totally at the mercy of their matchmaker...which is why getting it right is so important. There's no alternative. It's not like in the old Quake days where I could have a list of servers with decent opposition while clans kept mostly to their own servers for scrimmages and tournies.

Edit: I was wrong, there is an alternative, I could do private matches with 9 other players of similar skill. Pretty drat tough though.

I agree that this is one of the areas where I really miss server browsers; I've yet to encounter a really good matchmaker.

In the handful of games I've played with really aggressive matchmaking, it ends up having the opposite effect from balanced matches. Instead of getting a lot of close matches, you end up alternating between doing the stomping or getting stomped. Developers look at the 50% win/loss ratio and says "Look its working!"

I say this after playing several TF2 matches in a row of getting stomped where I am the top scorer on the team (mid-double digits), and I have an abysmal KDR of something like 1 to 5. I am literally the worst goon at this game. So whatever Titanfall2 is doing for matchmaking it's not working that well

veni veni veni posted:

I don't suppose he released the parts list and brick files so we can build our own?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven't seen anything. They don't look like they would be too hard to reverse engineer though.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

With how big the maps are, you would think I wouldn't spawn so close to the enemy at times. Their questionable connections didn't help matters, either. Why do developers keep giving these people an advantage? I had one guy lagging so bad I didn't know he had nuclear ejection until I died. He never showed up on the radar while my teammates shot him, either.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Anyone else on xbone getting framerate issues on the new angel city map?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Pops Mgee posted:

Anyone else on xbone getting framerate issues on the new angel city map?

All platforms have framerate issues on that map.

Ezane
Sep 27, 2016
I recently picked up a 30 pack of Dew, and ended up deciding to hold off on purchasing TF2 after I played the trial. I figured I'd give my XP code to any goon who wants it because I won't be playing again until after the promotion ends. Just make sure to mention if you redeem it!
- Edit: Code taken!

Ezane fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Dec 7, 2016

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Welp, i cannot regen past 10.49 on pc. Don't know if that is intentional or a bug, either way its annoying. I wanted that black camo.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Discovered an interesting bug while testing things with a friend. The duration of Ion's vortex shield appears to be framerate dependent - The lower your fps, the longer it lasts. Here's a video showing it off:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge-LycfkOzU

We also tested Scorch's flame shield and the cooldown for abilities and tacticals but there's no discrepancy with those. This bug only seems to apply to the vortex shield.

Reivax
Apr 24, 2008

Ezane posted:

I recently picked up a 30 pack of Dew, and ended up deciding to hold off on purchasing TF2 after I played the trial. I figured I'd give my XP code to any goon who wants it because I won't be playing again until after the promotion ends. Just make sure to mention if you redeem it! - SYM7XL7CSN

Took this, cheers

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't know why I keep trying to use the wingman elite, because it's obvious that I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

Well apparently I just can't hit anything tonight. I should just go back to SMGs/ARs instead of trying to use the cute weapons like wingman and the rocket machine gun. It's also fun when the game spawns you in a building whose door exits directly into a titan's fist. Tonight was not the best night of titanfalling for me, is what I'm saying here.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Dec 7, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Inspector Hound posted:

It should absolutely not warn you if a titan is falling on you

:agreed:

That said, I often don't get the message. I tried using the quick drop thing instead of the shield and it's pretty poo poo. It needs some kind of buff

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

aside from the fact that warpfall instantly gives your titan to the enemy waiting with a core, the titanfall shield is actually hilariously useful for poking at enemy titans and pilots and harassing them if youre close to the dropzone

people grt very upset when they stand there waiting to dump on my titan and eat two or three amped archer rockets

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I have come to the conclusion that Ion's laser is the most fun thing in any game ever. It never gets old goosing pilots from across the map with it.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
In my experience I generally need my titan being right there in the next two seconds over the dubious usefulness of taking shots from the dome shield (since generally speaking dropping your titan right next to the enemy titans ends the same way no matter what titanfall kit you got), especially since the dome shield doesn't block all attacks, just all the ranged ones. (And I've been on both ends of that realization).

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

zolthorg posted:

people grt very upset when they stand there waiting to dump on my titan and eat two or three amped archer rockets

same I always use that chance to throw a couple grenades and poke in and out and check out the surroundings

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Is there a magic trick that makes titan melee actually register? In one instance just to make a goddamn point I punched at a doomed Ion walking slowly backwards firing until he'd stripped my shield and dropped me to doomed, all to while near him and punching. As soon as I went doomed he immediately melee killed me despite my punch from less than a quarter of a second before whiffing.

Exposure posted:

In my experience I generally need my titan being right there in the next two seconds over the dubious usefulness of taking shots from the dome shield (since generally speaking dropping your titan right next to the enemy titans ends the same way no matter what titanfall kit you got), especially since the dome shield doesn't block all attacks, just all the ranged ones. (And I've been on both ends of that realization).

The whole point to picking shield is to drop it in a doorway ensuring you block everything. Then never get in your titan and let it die. It's pretty much the team trolling option.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Mailer posted:

Is there a magic trick that makes titan melee actually register? In one instance just to make a goddamn point I punched at a doomed Ion walking slowly backwards firing until he'd stripped my shield and dropped me to doomed, all to while near him and punching. As soon as I went doomed he immediately melee killed me despite my punch from less than a quarter of a second before whiffing.

I think you have to be closer than the normal normal melee reach? I've definitely hit a doomed titan multiple times without executing and in hindsight that seems to be what did it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Does Ronin's block keep it from getting doomed, or possibly delay it? I ran into one last night while going hog wild with my smart core and he spent a good 5 seconds with no health just walking towards me for the inevitable nuke eject.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

SpazmasterX posted:

Does Ronin's block keep it from getting doomed, or possibly delay it? I ran into one last night while going hog wild with my smart core and he spent a good 5 seconds with no health just walking towards me for the inevitable nuke eject.

Sword Block does nothing special other than give a huge damage reduction. It can tank any of the cores. I'm not sure what percentage of damage gets through but it seems to be less than 10%.

It may block all damage during sword core? Not sure about that one.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

I think you have to be closer than the normal normal melee reach? I've definitely hit a doomed titan multiple times without executing and in hindsight that seems to be what did it.

I've had his problem in both games. Melee is very inconsistent in this game.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Can someone explain to me as if I'm a child how regenning my pilot works? I'm currently level 43. I've unlocked guns while i am playing through the level up system, and the only thing i have bought with credits is the Low Profile perk. I have genned my scorch and one gun, the CAR.

Will everything lock again and be unusable until i reach the appropriate gen level to use it again? Will i be unable to use the Volt once i regen my pilot? What about the other boosts?

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

pakman posted:

Can someone explain to me as if I'm a child how regenning my pilot works? I'm currently level 43. I've unlocked guns while i am playing through the level up system, and the only thing i have bought with credits is the Low Profile perk. I have genned my scorch and one gun, the CAR.

Will everything lock again and be unusable until i reach the appropriate gen level to use it again? Will i be unable to use the Volt once i regen my pilot? What about the other boosts?

Banners, skins, customizations are all unlocked but guns, boosts, titans are all locked. I had to re-buy phase and low profile when I regenerated but I did not have to wait to use the different modifications for my volt when I finally unlocked it, they were already available.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

pakman posted:

Anything you haven't "bought" will be locked, although once you unlock weapons their mods are still available I think.

I ended up just buying all the stuff in my favorite loadout, it's not very expensive to buy one whole kit to fall back on when you regen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

pakman posted:

When you reach level 51, you can reset to level 1. This re-locks everything you unlocked through levelling up, including boosts. Things that were unlocked by spending credits stay unlocked. Things that were unlocked by levelling up a gun or titan stay unlocked (because equipment doesn't regen the way pilots do).

If you regen, you will go to generation 2 level 1 and lose access to everything except for Low Profile and any gear available at level 1. When you re-unlock titans or the Volt (or any other weapon), those will be whatever level they currently are.