Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Don't your parents get mad

Sometimes I wake my dad up and he joins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Turns out a motorcycle is a fantastic way to kill yourself if you hit a rock wrong.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

CitizenKain posted:

Turns out a motorcycle is a fantastic way to kill yourself if you hit a rock wrong.

I always forget that jumping off or out of a vehicle while it's moving at all kills you really easy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

RIP Kalvon. You were too beautiful for this world.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

RIP Kalvon. You were too beautiful for this world.

Haha I love seeing kill messages like this

I was playing in a squad of goons s few days ago and it was in the somewhat late game (I think with maybe fewer than 40 people alive) and we saw a message pop up that someone got a kill with the pan, I mean that's pretty impressive how that happens at a point when presumably most people are likely carrying rifles and grenades and vests and scopes and poo poo, makes me wonder if someone quick switched to it and got lucky when the other guy reloaded

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
People team kill with melee when there is a disco/game crash because its silent.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Drewsky posted:

I always forget that jumping off or out of a vehicle while it's moving at all kills you really easy.

I got a kill because of someone doing this the other day and it made me happy

I hit him once when he charged at me and dodged him

He jumped instead of braking and died

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I wonder if there's some weird brain goon out there that has the worlds worst super power of being able to instantly process and map the killfeed to a mental image of who's alive/equipped with what

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

causticBeet posted:

I wonder if there's some weird brain goon out there that has the worlds worst super power of being able to instantly process and map the killfeed to a mental image of who's alive/equipped with what

Come on now and stop fishing for a compliment. Own your tism.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

causticBeet posted:

Easily defeated by a bush wookie with 0 kills slugging their way to the final circle.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Good soup! posted:

Haha I love seeing kill messages like this

I was playing in a squad of goons s few days ago and it was in the somewhat late game (I think with maybe fewer than 40 people alive) and we saw a message pop up that someone got a kill with the pan, I mean that's pretty impressive how that happens at a point when presumably most people are likely carrying rifles and grenades and vests and scopes and poo poo, makes me wonder if someone quick switched to it and got lucky when the other guy reloaded

We had a match yesterday (that we lost as the #2 squad) where in the last 2/3 circles we saw 6 Uzi kills. People sometimes get just shat on for guns.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Party Plane Jones posted:

We had a match yesterday (that we lost as the #2 squad) where in the last 2/3 circles we saw 6 Uzi kills. People sometimes get just shat on for guns.

An extended/stock micro uzi is legit good and fun choice for a secondary.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The uzi, over under, s12k, and ump are basically the early game weapons i want to grab immediately upon landing. The uzis rof is so high its easy to magdump people at the beginning of the game when theres chaos and no one has entrenched positions full armor and scopes. 1v3d a squad early game using an uzi and running around a large truck.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
yeah dinner #2 baby

this game gets my heartrate up like no other

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

yeah dinner #2 baby

this game gets my heartrate up like no other

Normal resting heart rate: 67ish. Heart rate after placing 3rd in a solo drop: 113. :state:

I'm probably going to keel over dead after playing this game.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So a guy just drove a buggy straight at me while I fired half a clip directly at his head with a scar and somehow he didn't go down. Am I crazy or is the front of the buggy supposed to be unprotected? That felt like some serious horse poo poo.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
The day they turn on first person only servers is the day I will be happy with this game.

Dying from people who jump out because they saw you in third person is bullshit.

TomVanDam
Apr 25, 2010
Good god almighty I finally got my chicken dinner. I won't bore you all with the details but those final few moments had me shaking. What a wonderful game this is.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
why would you even have third person at all? what demographic wants that? isnt this all old CS players or quake players or something?

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Tony Montana posted:

why would you even have third person at all? what demographic wants that? isnt this all old CS players or quake players or something?

Because this is based off of an ARMA mod, where you had both 3rd and 1st person viewpoints

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Tony Montana posted:

As far as I can tell the target demo is 12 year old white kids that love using the n-word.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ha awesome, literally the reason is because Arma

its funny the heart of milsperg gets all excited about firing modes and four levels of crouch but third person and seeing around corners, oh yeah totally fine and good gameplay

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
I love the third person, I mean it is a level playing field as long as you play third person as well. I like the situational awareness it allows you to maintain. I do have a coworker that plays first person view most of the time and I'm actually surprised at how well he plays, however I do give him poo poo for handicapping himself. Game is gooood.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I know that by crouching by a low wall in a corner, where I can third over the top and free look in every direction, I can have the visibility of being in the open while being completely covered.

There are heaps of examples. It's cool I guess because after all those hours in quake and cs it's something different, but I don't know if it helps the gameplay.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah 3rd person has its drawbacks but I think it works. Without 3rd person you couldn't pan around you while making long runs, you wouldn't have any idea who was landing nearby, etc.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah 3rd person has its drawbacks but I think it works. Without 3rd person you couldn't pan around you while making long runs, you wouldn't have any idea who was landing nearby, etc.

you can look over your shoulder.

and its more fun having to maintain your awareness from the 1PP than by using the crutch of free look. i will still play 3rd person occasionally when 1st person only is released, but will definitely stick to 1st person more often. much better.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
like when im running anywhere I'll be doing 360s in freelook, only because I know everyone else is doing it too

Itd be cool not to have to do this

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

PantsBandit posted:

So a guy just drove a buggy straight at me while I fired half a clip directly at his head with a scar and somehow he didn't go down. Am I crazy or is the front of the buggy supposed to be unprotected? That felt like some serious horse poo poo.

I have never won the man vs car scenario yet ive been shot out of my car like 3 times while trying to run people over. I don't get it honestly. I aim at the drivers position on the windshield and let loose and never accomplish poo poo.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Jerkface posted:

I have never won the man vs car scenario yet ive been shot out of my car like 3 times while trying to run people over. I don't get it honestly. I aim at the drivers position on the windshield and let loose and never accomplish poo poo.

lead your shots?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

lead your shots?

Lead where? They are driving straight at me !! Shooting people out of cars that are not currently running me over is a lot easier for some reason.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Jerkface posted:

The way to win car battles is full auto unload a clip into it and blow it up. If you're trying to headshot them you're getting run over. Blow them up and its the easiest 4k of your life.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

PUBG Good
:tipshat:
https://clips.twitch.tv/PeppyCuriousAirGuitarPipeHype

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

I prefer the surgical snipe individual players out of the car method, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXaRPSQ1jrI

Too bad I didn't get the last guy, still the best minute of PUBG I've had.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

lead your shots?

https://streamable.com/0l7di

This man is correct.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Tony Montana posted:

If there is no 3rd person then there is no point playing post apocalyptic hunger games dress up.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

AnElegantPeacock posted:

As far as I can tell the target demo is 12 year old white kids that love using the n-word.

I wish it was dumb kids, the people who spam it over voice chat when I play have the voice that only 30 years of drinks and smokes can make.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Third person is good so I can keep track of how cool my dude looks when I play dress up, this is important

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

nerve posted:

and its more fun having to maintain your awareness from the 1PP than by using the crutch of free look. i will still play 3rd person occasionally when 1st person only is released, but will definitely stick to 1st person more often. much better.

:Steps to mic: :clears throat:

"WRONG"

Martin
Jan 17, 2004

All I know in life is how to pour whiskey and run my mouth off
Dinosaur Gum

One Pigeon posted:

Completely disagree with the people saying goons are the same as pubbies.

Just had some great games with goons including my first squad win.

Really strange, we dropped on school and there were no other squads, then we moved to apartments and again looted it with impunity. Silencers all round and fairly decent gear, then the circle for once fairly favoured us. A little hairy at the end but I believe we all survived with just one knocked down.

I was eD--De by the way, salute to my 3 teammates.

Yeah, that was a good game. I agree that games with goons are a ton better than pubbies. I was Elmquist in that game btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
wait are people complaining about third person again

if you eat berries crafted with the vss it makes the entire server first person only

• Locked thread