Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The forts and gates are on the south side and the magic keeps the dead from crossing. Seems pretty in-favor-of-the-humans to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
So next episode the NK uses an icespear to kill a dragon, but couldn't just spear Jon at Hardhome that was standing only couple yards away on a boat.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

isme posted:

So next episode the NK uses an icespear to kill a dragon, but couldn't just spear Jon at Hardhome that was standing only couple yards away on a boat.

Why would he give up a chance to peacock?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

isme posted:

He had prepared Raise Dead instead of Ice Lance in that spell slot that morning.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The Children of the Forest had hostilities with the First Men so they made the WW's to help fight them. An armistice was reached and the WW's lived in the Land of Always Winter.

During the Long Night which was a winter that lasted an entire generation the WW's surged forth and The Children banded together with men to combat them. They were driven back and the Wall was raised to keep them up north.

The WW's have been in a type of hibernation for about 8,000 years so other people like wildlings and such have been able to live and thrive north of the wall and the WW's faded to legend.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

isme posted:

he seemed more interested in than afraid of Jon to me

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Others, the most annoying cicadas ever.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Night King and Euron will have a show off duel where they each do ridiculous poo poo in order to outbadass the other.

Euron will win and save the world.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

isme posted:

more importantly he's almost certainly never going to use an ice spear again so that the other dragons remain alive and it won't be ever mentioned. not the bows the undead giants could pick up from the attack on the wall with mance

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The few giant's bows were destroyed and no more giants are around to build more.

Ice Spear has a super long cooldown.

NEXT

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

He needs all his power dice for Vanhel's Dance Macabre.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Night King and Euron will have a show off duel where they each do ridiculous poo poo in order to outbadass the other.

Euron will win and save the world.

All they want is some more babbies. I think they awoke with the red meteor thing and the dragons rebirth but they were content to chill as long Craster fed them his kids. We know the 13th Lord Commander also had a pact/union/agreement whatever with them and also practiced human sacrifice.

They hosed up when they killed Craster.

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
My take is the Night's King was originally just some powerful warg that the children used to raise an army of dead to fight against the First Men.

The wall was constructed by men while all the tribes north of the wall were still fighting the WW and wights (a wizard does it really fast.)

Winterfell will see all the dead Kings of Winter rising to fight. Dragonstone will see the return of Valyrian steel.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Constant posted:

All they want is some more babbies. I think they awoke with the red meteor thing and the dragons rebirth but they were content to chill as long Craster fed them his kids. We know the 13th Lord Commander also had a pact/union/agreement whatever with them and also practiced human sacrifice.

They hosed up when they killed Craster.

They were awake before the comet/dragons, because they killed the NW patrol in the very first scene of the show.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Now that it's been mentioned yeah I think there's basically no way Gendry doesn't figure out valerian steel.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

skasion posted:

They were awake before the comet/dragons, because they killed the NW patrol in the very first scene of the show.

This is true

I still hold to my reasons for their motivation though- the only thing they've ever been shown to "want" is human sacrifices

They would send an errand boy all the way from the Land of Always Winter everytime Craster had a boy

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They used the baby to make more WW's, right? I don't remember that scene very well, just that they poked it in the face and its eyes turned blue.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They used the baby to make more WW's, right? I don't remember that scene very well, just that they poked it in the face and its eyes turned blue.

I don't think it was ever explained.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yes. Its propagation of the species

They just wanna live

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Lol if Valyrian steel just turns out to be high silica impurity steel.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Arglebargle III posted:

Also dragon spittle.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Trash Trick posted:

Way back in S1 or 2 they possibly foreshadowed a rising of the dead of the catacombs under KL. I'm hopin' for that. Bunch of dead king bones and poo poo.

Which of the Stark kids is gonna have to kill the bones of Ned?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

McNally posted:

Which of the Stark kids is gonna have to kill the bones of Ned?

The Hound does it for Arya after Ned kills Littlefinger.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FogHelmut posted:

and everyone should be wearing gigantic helmets representative of their house sigils

*roberts 8 ft wide stag horns get tapped by a sword in battle*
*leverage breaks his neck instantly*
*westeros lives happily ever after under the mad king*

robert strong's armor was more realistic than what's on the show.

Constant posted:

The WW's have been in a type of hibernation for about 8,000 years so other people like wildlings and such have been able to live and thrive north of the wall and the WW's faded to legend.

so they're the necrons before games workshop ruined them with one of their patented awful retcons?

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 15, 2017

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Constant posted:

Yes. Its propagation of the species

They just wanna live

They don't need to reproduce to propagate the species if they're immortal.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Arglebargle III posted:

If it turns out to be something besides steel mixed with dragonglass & forged with dragonfire, I'll be stunned.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Perhaps they're not immortal. Theres a fan theory that Bran may be able to convo the NK and ask him what he wants when his powers develop a bit more.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Constant posted:

Perhaps they're not immortal. Theres a fan theory that Bran may be able to convo the NK and ask him what he wants when his powers develop a bit more.

I honestly hope this isn't the case because a lot of what lends the NK his sense of menace is that he's a supernatural force that can't be reasoned with. If Bran sits down to play chess with him and we find out the NK really just wants babies or a hug or something, I'm going to be quite annoyed.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

They have a minor attrition rate from conflicts

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I also think they have a hate boner for the Children of the Forest since they like to arrange body parts in mocking displays of their circle/spiral imagery.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
No way valyrian steel didn't require human sacrifice, they were super into that.

Also, Sam reads about the last hero carrying a dragonsteel sword, and as the last hero is azor ahai we all know what it took to forge that sword.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jon is gonna plunge something into Dany, all right. :quagmire:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I don't know why I'm so hype for two bad actors with zero sexual chemistry having awkward boat sex while a drunk dwarf and a 50 year old beta orbiter listen through the door, but I am. :munch:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I just wanna see J-Bear cry while Kit Harrington and Emmy Clarke desperately try to act like they like each other.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Do the show runners know about MDMA?

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008
For gratitude, HBO should give GRRM full creative freedom to do one episode in S8.
It would be a cold open to a Mereen only episode, where Daario contends about the optimum tax policy with his advisors. Subplot would be about the city sewage system and a diarrhea epidemic.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm far more hyped for Sandor and Tormund chatting about Brienne than I am for the boatsex.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Is the bastardy of Cersei's newest spawn just not an issue now? I know it's never gonna be born but the monarch having no trueborn heirs was literally
the main crisis of season 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Captain Splendid posted:

Is the bastardy of Cersei's newest spawn just not an issue now? I know it's never gonna be born but the monarch having no trueborn heirs was literally
the main crisis of season 1.

The rules of succession are "whoever kills the lord takes his title" so if Cersei dies in childbirth it would be no issue.

• Locked thread