Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I thought we agreed that 6 is actually above average

e: new page dog

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

I thought we agreed that 6 is actually above average

If you want 6 to be above average then do your own reviews!!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

covering the exhaust port ftw

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Man people turned on Ni No Kuni 2 real fast

That's the problem with 40 hour games, sometimes they start bad and get good, sometimes the opposite.

For the record I don't hate NnK2, I've played it for over 50 hours now and don't regret it, but it has a ton of weird half-baked stuff in it and feels incredibly budget outside of the nice graphics. Oh wait I remember this feeling from playing Resi 7 last year.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

local man killed by exploding switch

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

NNK2 is really weird. It's poorly written and feels cheap but I'm still having fun playing it. Even the story has its moments. I'm just probably gonna go through it slower than I would otherwise because it doesn't always grab me.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

I’m sure they compensate for that

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Taiko no Tatsujin Switch version when?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Which Yakuza game do I start with?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yakuza 1

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

0 is 100% the best starting point

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Electric Phantasm posted:

Which Yakuza game do I start with?

Zero.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Zero

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Are you loving insane

It's Yakuza 0

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What is this “yakuza 1” you speak of

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

nachos posted:

What is this “yakuza 1” you speak of

they called the third yakuza Yakuza 1

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Yakuza 1 is the only game in the series I've played and it was p. good but I wouldn't recommend someone just whip out their PS2 and start playing it. Also gently caress Mishima.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

consume serieses in release order, IMO

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

homeless snail posted:

this is extremely dumb, but as the guy who played the mainline Shin Megami Tensei games in release order as their first experience, you are right

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

This is what I do, I never made it past yakuza 2 thiugh

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Captain's log: it is hour 2 in backing up my 2tb of anime and PC98 games. The sky grows dark with the rumble of vengeful gods. I pray this process will be finished soon so I may return to my Inuyashiki.

homeless snail posted:

Empty quote

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Anybody got any strong opinions about Horizon Zero Dawn DLC? Is it mostly end/postgame content?

I'd ask in the HZD thread but I really liked the HZD story and want to avoid spoilers

suuma fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 31, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Goddamit checking the PStore for Yakuza 0 and realized I missed the sale on Bloodborne's DLC.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

suuma posted:

Anybody got any strong opinions about Horizon Zero Dawn DLC? Is it mostly end/postgame content?

I'd ask in the HZD thread but I really liked the HZD story and want to avoid spoilers

It's like mid/latter half content, and it's probably my favorite stuff in the game story wise, though there's an annoying enemy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

suuma posted:

It's good, roughly the equivalent of what Hearts of Stone was to TW3. 10-12 hours of new content in a really beautiful looking snowy zone with an overarching storyline that ties into the main plot. It's not postgame, but it is expected you'll be pretty high level before entering as it's significantly harder than anything else in the vanilla campaign. Some cool new weapons, good sidequests, a few new machines and some quality of life improvements. It's more Horizon Zero Dawn!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

homeless snail posted:

Right, Yak 0 > Kiwami 1 > Kiwami 2

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Cool, thanks dudes. I'll probably start a new playthrough and pick it up.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yakuza 0 is such a loving achievement on its own, and it contextualizes so much of Kiwami in a way that right off the bat feels fuckin' awesome.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am hesitating about dumping old school papers from literally a decade ago, man this is tough

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am hesitating about dumping old school papers from literally a decade ago, man this is tough

You still have your kindergarten papers with you?!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

scan them to a .PDF and then recycle them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Never look back

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I never finished Sleeping Dogs or got any real degree of completion in it

maybe I should correct that

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ciaphas posted:

dog you just said you didn't have time for katamari >:o

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Dead Space 1, this weekend though I am going to just play Diablo III and relax. Next week I feel like maybe jumping into Mafia III.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

I played the game twice each time only taking missions from just one of the two sides and that helped me get through it after burning out on my first run a year earlier. a mob only run is really fun and well paced.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

I played the game twice each time only taking missions from just one of the two sides and that helped me get through it after burning out on my first run a year earlier. a mob only run is really fun and well paced.

you can do that? i thought the whole thing was more or less on rails in terms of story

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oddium posted:

dog you just said you didn't have time for katamari >:o

i blame ongoing addiction to skinner boxes like MWO, that will probably stop me from petting the sleeping dog this weekend too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

you can do that? i thought the whole thing was more or less on rails in terms of story

You dont need to take any cop missions after a certain point if you dont want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Review Scores Don’t Matter, but if you have to review Far Cry 5 and give it a score docking points for the dumb story seems fine. Also the way Ubisoft handles interacting with the main villains is crazy stupid.

• Locked thread