Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

r0ck0 posted:

What makes you think this is high budget?

also i'm sure the opening's magical all-meat cow cost a pretty penny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

r0ck0 posted:

What makes you think this is high budget?

Stuff like explosions, lots of outdoor shots, lots of vehicles. Although I guess a lot is just done with green screens.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Soaps have some rhyme and reason.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I was trying to find a gif of the lady cop making out with her boyfriend through the dome. That poo poo was hilarious. The internet failed me though :(

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

PantsBandit posted:

I was trying to find a gif of the lady cop making out with her boyfriend through the dome. That poo poo was hilarious. The internet failed me though :(

And you have failed us, much like this TV show.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Best I could find

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

PantsBandit posted:

Best I could find

You have redeemed yourself, unlike this show.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

PantsBandit posted:

Started watching this a few days ago. I'm about 6 episodes in now. Did Angie seriously just take a deal to not say anything about the kidnapping? She is held against her will for days by both Junior and Big Jim, nearly dies, watches her boss/friend get brained in front of her and then she's just like "oh sure I'll keep it a secret for some propane!"

This show has been pretty entertaining so far but hot drat do the characters make some inexplicable decisions sometimes.

Just imagine the series is written by a revolving set of interns that don't watch the show because I'm pretty sure that's true.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This show is the television equivalent of Ebola.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Illinois Smith posted:

Considering they used it intro for EVERY episode I'd say they've had their money's worth out of it now.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

lifts cats over head posted:

What he means is "Don't stop". Call off work, cancel your plans, and settle in with the citizens of Chester's Mill. You're about to experience a TV adventure like no other.

Already have, although I've been playing Punch Out!! while watching. It's stupid and character motivation is all over the place, but... I can't. stop. watching. Also, should every question I have start with "Why doesn't CHARACTER X just ____?" Just finished episode 7.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Illinois Smith posted:

I wonder if anyone ate it, it would make a very manly hamburger.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

In today's episode, an entire town is totally cool with the idea of a public hanging.

Also, I'm glad they killed off Dodee. What a pointless character.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Let's not overlook the town's impressive ability to build a hangman's gallows in what I'm guessing was a half hour, tops.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

lifts cats over head posted:

Let's not overlook the town's impressive ability to build a hangman's gallows in what I'm guessing was a half hour, tops.

loving :lol: that they recruited the one black guy in the town to lead the project too.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
And they didn't need any plans, just knew how to build it. I would have too look up the blueprints online, unless the library has that sort of information. I guess it could, ok they used the library. Its not like they build these things all the time.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

You know, Angie, you probably didn't have to make out with the dude who kidnapped you and chained you up in a bomb shelter for several days. They pulled the old "oh no the person I'm distracting is looking towards the thing I'm distracting him from! Better super distract him with a kiss!"

Only it wasn't that. It was just a weird kiss for no reason.

gently caress this show is so strange.

Edit: Oh, also I still find the fact that Barbie is loving the widow of the guy he murdered pretty hilarious. If there's an afterlife and that guy is there he's gotta be pisssssed.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
The love between Julia and Barbie is the greatest love of all. Soon you will know this too.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Wait, there's a bunch of people that KNOW that Big Jim murdered a TON of people in cold blood and they just let him loving GO?!

And the people are cheering and tearing down the gallows because Big Jim was like "Oh, Barbie didn't kill all those people after all!"

WHAT IN THE gently caress.

:psyboom:

Under the Dome is a magical world where absolutely nothing has any consequences.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

People of Chester's Mill/Viewers: "But if Barbie didn't kill all those people, who did? Is there a murderer still out there?"
Big Jim/Writers: "Who cares!"
People of Chester's Mill/Viewers: "GOOD POINT, JIM!"

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

PantsBandit posted:

Wait, there's a bunch of people that KNOW that Big Jim murdered a TON of people in cold blood and they just let him loving GO?!
Drink every time public opinion of Big Jim turns on a dime.

Also just, you know, generally drink a lot while watching this.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

We have jail cells but they're reserved for children and local heroes.

The FBI would classify Jim as a mass murderer.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Nov 18, 2014

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Everybody is getting real emotional about Angie dying and finding the killer considering the fact that there are still 4 townspeople killed by Big Jim that nobody seems to care about.

Is Big Jim telling Barbie about the fuel reserve supposed to make me sympathize with him again? He could have killed me, but he didn't! What a hero!

Sorry to keep bumping this thread but this show is so loving ludicrous.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
By all means, keep it up. I've enjoyed reliving this adventure vicariously. It's far more palatable this way. I think the entire town has never actually developed past the stage where object permanence is a thing. In a span of about two weeks they've forgotten all sorts of attempts at character development and continue to only act in a way that serves that week's purpose.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

for gently caress's sake, what does Big Jim have to do for the people of the town to just leave him in jail or something. Like, Rebecca may or may not have had a pang of conscience. BJ on the other hand would have legitimately wiped out half the town if he had the opportunity. And they put him in a cell for, what? One episode? These writers really do want to have their cake and eat it too. At any time, any conflict can be handwaved away and the viewer just has to go with it because obviously it's not changing.

For what it's worth, I am still watching this awful show so they must be doing something right. It's mostly an entertaining train wreck, rather than a boring one at least.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Never stop posting Pantsbandit, you are awesome.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Lyle goes crazy until they give him the syringe of magic "Crazy-Be-Gone" formula (patent pending). Why did he have to be crazy? What was the purpose of that entire sequence? :iiam:

Sam joins Big Jim in the prestigious ranks of murderers that people are pretty much ok with and Rebecca continues to remind everyone that she's a SCIENTIST whenever possible.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

One bit of advice for this season if you're not doing it already: Definitely pause whenever one of Pauline's lovely paintings is on screen and just appreciate it for a few seconds.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

One bit of advice for this season if you're not doing it already: Definitely pause whenever one of Pauline's lovely paintings is on screen and just appreciate it for a few seconds.

Oh my god I loving LOVE her paintings so much. Pauline as a character is just so hilarious.

She teaches an art class.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

PantsBandit posted:

Oh my god I loving LOVE her paintings so much. Pauline as a character is just so hilarious.

I legitimately want to put that on my wall. Such a strange style of painting. It's somewhere between Picasso and a Kindergartener.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

What in the hell, Barbie. You know Sam wants to kill the kids to bring the dome down. He told you that. Why are you letting him just wander around Chester's Mill. If character's had consistent motivations in this show (lol) Barbie would come upon a bunch of dead kids and be like "oh poo poo, maybe I should have done something about that dude that killed a 17 year old girl with an axe."

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

PantsBandit posted:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Her "emotional reunion" with Big Jim was a real acting tour de force.

"You ruined our son!"
"S...stop it uhbuhbuhbuh"

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Did you finish season 2? I'm on the last 2 episodes but I've been avoiding watching them for so long now. Sometime during season 2 this show switched from stupid funny to just painfully bad and I know for sure I'm out on season 3. Is it worth just finishing out the season?

I will say that the Joe and the microscope scene from one episode this season is still one of the funniest things I've seen on any show this year.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The Duke posted:

Did you finish season 2? I'm on the last 2 episodes but I've been avoiding watching them for so long now. Sometime during season 2 this show switched from stupid funny to just painfully bad and I know for sure I'm out on season 3. Is it worth just finishing out the season?

I will say that the Joe and the microscope scene from one episode this season is still one of the funniest things I've seen on any show this year.

Haven't finished it yet! Had to take a break to visit the folks for the holidays. I gotta say I still find it pretty funny but I do agree with you in that it's a little harder to watch since the storyline's have become slapdash to a whole new level.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

The Duke posted:

Sometime during season 2 this show switched from stupid funny to just painfully bad
Yeah, I know what you mean. For me it was when they discovered the doors that lead in and out of the Dome.

quote:

Is it worth just finishing out the season?
Absolutely. The finale is just a giant pile of wtf that will guarantee you'll check back next season to see where this crack writing squad takes the show next.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Illinois Smith posted:

Absolutely. The finale is just a giant pile of wtf that will guarantee you'll check back next season to see where this crack writing squad takes the show next.

This, finish it. It's really wtf and to be honest I at least liked what two characters were doing in the climax. :shrug:

I just fear that Season 3 may move into the too stupid to enjoy zone.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Illinois Smith posted:

the doors that lead in and out of the Dome.

:what:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I love the scene when Only Black Guy in Town overhears Joe and Forehead talking in the police station.

Forehead: "But Barbie knows that there is a locker in the school that leads to a pit, and if you jump in it you escape the dome!"

Joe: "Wtf why are you being so specific?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

"We had to drain the fuel out of the cars, but don't worry, you can take the amazing TOYOTA PRIUS. The TOYOTA PRIUS runs on clean burning energy, so it's great for the environment! Once we get out of the dome, I think I'm going to buy a TOYOTA PRIUS of my own!"

"YAY TOYOTA! YAY PRIUS!"

• Locked thread