Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Please tell me there's another episode from this session because I relly want to see how drunk Dan can get :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Jack is good mixed with stuff. Drinking it straight is an acquired taste. That jump was a dick though.

Aumanor posted:

Please tell me there's another episode from this session because I relly want to see how drunk Dan can get :allears:

I hope he takes a break because this next cutscene is going to make him regret life.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
IIRC, getting pissed on by the guard also triggers the bomb sensor which reveals something about the nature of Fatman's cologne...

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Aumanor posted:

There is exactly one more regret-filled episode of this session.

anilEhilated posted:

IIRC, getting pissed on by the guard also triggers the bomb sensor which reveals something about the nature of Fatman's cologne...

:stonk: I did NOT know that.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Another fun fact about pee-man--Kojima wanted to add in a gag where it looked like he was about to also drop a deuce on your head, but literally zero people on the team would let it happen in production.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Danaru posted:

There is exactly one more regret-filled episode of this session.

Yeeeessssssssssssssss :getin:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

"Alaska is the Canada we stole from Russia" :allears: Grace is my favorite co-commentator.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

SSNeoman posted:

I hope he takes a break because this next cutscene is going to make him regret life.

This LP will not be complete without someone ruining a mic with vomit.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
The swimming, while looking loving ridiculous, is a pretty real way to swim underwater. Any kind of arm stroke will slow you down, since the usual recovery on the surface that would normally be in the air would be dragged by the water, and dolphin kicking is a really strong kick. AFAIK this is the fastest way to swim underwater. Even if it makes you look like a limp sausage.

I hope you don't vomit, despite literally everything pushing it.

Benach fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Sep 2, 2015

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
You tore that harrier apart despite the handicaps and sass. Shame it was followed up by getting pissed on and diving into the ocean...

This makes two MGS games in which you can get pissed on. Did Kojima drop it with 3 or have I somehow managed to miss it all these years? Also is it to late to showoff the absolutely silly quick travel method in this game or are we now locked into Strut 2 for the long haul? By the way since its hard to tell from youtube videos, how are the HD ports visually? A worthy replacement for the originals?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

pick-e posted:

You tore that harrier apart despite the handicaps and sass. Shame it was followed up by getting pissed on and diving into the ocean...

This makes two MGS games in which you can get pissed on. Did Kojima drop it with 3 or have I somehow managed to miss it all these years? Also is it to late to showoff the absolutely silly quick travel method in this game or are we now locked into Strut 2 for the long haul? By the way since its hard to tell from youtube videos, how are the HD ports visually? A worthy replacement for the originals?

3 doesn't have you get pissed on as far as I can remember. The HD ports are fantastic, they look stunning and Bluepoint games managed to get MGS3 running at a solid 60 FPS as opposed to the barely stable 30 of the PS2 version. Peace Walker also looks beautiful compared to the PSP version, but that one's a more obvious jump in visual quality.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Considering Danaru didn't show off part 1's quick travel method which is essentially the same, I doubt he'll do it here either.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

pick-e posted:

Whoops! I once again managed to completely forget about showing off quick travel! I'm already bad enough at remembering stuff sober, once alcohol comes into the mix, most plans go out the window.

Also yeah, the HD versions are absolutely fantastic aside from a couple framerate issues during particle heavy scenes.

Benach posted:

The swimming, while looking loving ridiculous, is a pretty real way to swim underwater. Any kind of arm stroke will slow you down, since the usual recovery on the surface that would normally be in the air would be dragged by the water, and dolphin kicking is a really strong kick. AFAIK this is the fastest way to swim underwater. Even if it makes you look like a limp sausage.

This makes double sense considering Raiden's leg muscles are loving enormous.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Oh yeah, I hadn't seen the wigs before so this shades+wig run is just making a goofy game seem even goofier. Good stuff. Dog tag collecting is fun at first, but trying to keep track of mans or holding them up on each pass through a room wears quickly on me. Grinding in an MGS game just didn't fit. Good thing they learned from that...

ChaosArgate posted:

3 doesn't have you get pissed on as far as I can remember. The HD ports are fantastic, they look stunning and Bluepoint games managed to get MGS3 running at a solid 60 FPS as opposed to the barely stable 30 of the PS2 version. Peace Walker also looks beautiful compared to the PSP version, but that one's a more obvious jump in visual quality.

Danaru posted:

Also yeah, the HD versions are absolutely fantastic aside from a couple framerate issues during particle heavy scenes.
Well, I'm sold on the collection then. Or maybe just 2/3 because nobody could pay me enough to touch PW again. I'll relive its badness through the LP and nothing more.

Choco1980 posted:

Considering Danaru didn't show off part 1's quick travel method which is essentially the same, I doubt he'll do it here either.
I believe he talked about it at least. No problem though. I begrudge no one for forgetting something in a MGS game. Far to many one-off things to keep track of.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be plenty of box sorting action in the drunk stream this weekend :getin:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I just want to say that, while I also love Cam Clarke, John Cygan is the man and should be in more things. I only know him as Solidus and Canderous from Knights of the Old Republic and he owns in both. He should have voiced Big Boss in MGS4.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

NikkolasKing posted:

I just want to say that, while I also love Cam Clarke, John Cygan is the man and should be in more things. I only know him as Solidus and Canderous from Knights of the Old Republic and he owns in both. He should have voiced Big Boss in MGS4.
You need to play Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Also has a really cool performance by Paul Eiding.
I mean, come on, it's Solidus and Campbell doing cowboy accents.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Sep 3, 2015

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

pick-e posted:

Oh yeah, I hadn't seen the wigs before so this shades+wig run is just making a goofy game seem even goofier. Good stuff. Dog tag collecting is fun at first, but trying to keep track of mans or holding them up on each pass through a room wears quickly on me. Grinding in an MGS game just didn't fit. Good thing they learned from that...
:allears: You never played Peace Walker did you?
It happens in 5 too.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I'm certain that was sarcasm. Also 3 had those frogs you could shoot for camouflage or something, so they learned poo poo from 2

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I haven't played much PW yet, but I don't mind the grinding in V much. If anything, it gives me an excuse to roll through towns stealing dudes and stuff, which is generally the first thing I do in open-world games.

Also just a heads up, the Ghost Babel stream will be in about three and a half hours!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:siren:Stream is live!:siren:

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

One of the co-commentors fell asleep and snored into the mic, lol. These episodes are gonna be top notch.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Broken Box posted:

One of the co-commentors fell asleep and snored into the mic, lol. These episodes are gonna be top notch.

Akiba you son of a poo poo you need to see a doctor about that snoring bro

Clark_Mk_IV
May 30, 2008
I didn't even know about this LP until a few hours ago and now I'm in it. Hi, happy to be here. Thanks Sigh. :ocelot: :confuoot:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
The stream was magical, too bad I couldn't see all of it.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Danaru posted:

Akiba you son of a poo poo you need to see a doctor about that snoring bro

(the first time I nodded off was genuine. the one you called me out on was an elaborate ruse, hence the perfect-ish timing every time)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Unknown Quantity posted:

(the first time I nodded off was genuine. the one you called me out on was an elaborate ruse, hence the perfect-ish timing every time)

Bullshit, I smell a double counter-ruse :colbert:

:siren:Let's Play Metal Gear Solid 2 Episode 11 - President Johnson's Slaughterhouse:siren:

If anyone ever says I make good decisions, show them this episode.

No one will ever say that

:siren:Let's Play Metal Gear Ghost Babel Episode 1 - Hero-Proofing:siren:

And starting today is Ghost Babel! Nine people join me over the course of a Seven hour marathon where we actually somehow managed to beat the entire drat thing. An unreasonable amount of alcohol and LPers were involved with this.

This list of people I made about four hours in, so it might be incomplete:

UnknownQuantity
Choco
Mateo
Iron Chitlin
Loco
Heavy Sigh
CirclMaster
Orry Workman
Clark

If you want a summary of the entire stream, this will just about sum it up.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 5, 2015

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Danaru posted:

Bullshit, I smell a double counter-ruse :colbert:

Well you see I hypnotized myself into believing it was a ruse whether or not it actually was a ruse so we'll never know!!!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Sorry, but easily the best moment of that MGS2 video is Grace discovering chess. Well, that and anti-Metal Gears.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 5, 2015

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Dan's wasted

When I heard this I was like "ooooooh poo poo" :ohdear:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
HOLY poo poo! Dan are you okay? Seriously now? Get your liver checked out.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I think maybe you should put a maximum on how much you imbibe every session.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Oh just you wait, Ghost Babel gets pretty ridiculous as time goes on. I was there for the long haul.

Also, if I can :tinfoil: serioustalk for a minute here, the stuff Johnson was talking about as to why Arsenal Gear was being built, the avalanche of information, it's a real thing. It's what the 2012 singularity was, though it was overshadowed by things like the theory that the Mayans were saying the end of all life, or Kurzwell's Judgement Day style predictions. Among the many things pointing to major change in december of 2012, one that wasn't talked about as much was the information of the world. See, if you measured how long it would take for the knowledge level of the world to double, ie in 1800 the world knew X amount of stuff, how long until that number was X*2, you'd see the rate was slowly getting faster. According to the models, December 2012 was when the rate would get so fast that it would be indistinguishable from instantaneous. Nobody knew what would happen. Well we're living in it. It wasn't some amazing transcendence or end of the world. But information became universal. Information security is a band-aid at best, and a lie more realistically. All the hacking incidents are proof of that. We live in a world where all events boil down to who can report it first, regardless of veracity. We are literally drowning in our own information. We kinda needed GW but we didn't have it for real.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
As a US soccer fan and a Chicagoan I always have to post this in a LP of Ghost Babel, one of the characters of the game has the same name of one of the greatest American soccer player and Chicago area native Brian McBride.

Am sure the character wasn't named after him unless someone on the staff was a US Soccer fan but it's a fun thing to notice as fan.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Also, though we whiz past the story and don't really pay attention to people, Weasel is the best character, but we never call him. At one point he's talking to snake about how the Galuade soldiers get recruited, and he mentions how every man has a price, and they're willing to pay. Even paying in women. Or men. GLF is an equal opportunity employer :unsmith:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Dan, please don't kill all your liver cells for the entertainment of internet strangers :stare:

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Mikl posted:

Dan, please don't kill all your liver cells for the entertainment of internet strangers :stare:

:ocelot::v:

Also, a PSA: DO NOT take aspirin to prevent a hangover. It causes liver damage. Otherwise, you're fine just drinking lots of water.

Indeterminacy
Sep 9, 2011

Excuse me, your Rabbit parts are undetached.

Zain posted:

HOLY poo poo! Dan are you okay? Seriously now? Get your liver checked out.
I must admit, by the end of it I was more hoping Dan was going to be sick to get some of the alcohol out of his system than for entertainment value :ohdear:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Grace, was that a t.A.T.U reference?

Also the reason Johnson grabbed Raiden's johnson is because he thought Raiden was Olga. Would make a bit more sense if your Raiden didn't have the wig and shades on but oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Are we sure Grace isn't a Patriots spy? She's constantly talking into your ear during the mission and clearly has some questionable motives with some of the things she tells you to do. :ohdear:

Also I like these swimming segments in MGS2 and I wish more games did underwater parts so well. Oh and Ghost Babel is looking kind of fun so far, barring the codec text dumps. Sure would be nice of Konami to put it up on the 3DS VC.