Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Play posted:

Also, can someone explain adding and dropping players to me? Do people who got extra draft picks get more bench space because it was saying I had to drop someone to add but I think other people have more guys?

And then how exactly do waivers work? In the past I just grab players that I like and don't really think all that much about waiver position and such, when you use a waiver do you go to the end of the waiver line and that's how it works? Do you have to choose a round to make a claim?

No one got extra draft picks. Roster limit is 18 players. Everyone left the draft with 18 players.

Waivers
The waivers process is overseen by the Board of Commissioners.

Each week during the regular season, there will be two free agent bidding periods. The first period is called waivers; the second is called the first come, first served claim period.

Waivers will open for the first time after Week One of the NFL regular season has concluded.

Each week, after the NFL games are completed, all IBL teams will be assigned a waiver claim order. The waiver claim order will be determined first by worst winning percentage to best winning percentage, with the lesser teams having priority. The tiebreakers for determining waiver claim order are (in order): least total points scored, and reverse order of opponent total points scored.

There will be 4 waiver rounds each week. IBL owners may claim up to 4 players per week in the waivers process, 1 player per round. There is no limit to the number of players an owner may acquire during the weekly first come, first served claim period.

Any NFL player or team defense not currently on 8 IBL rosters is available to be claimed on waivers.

Waiver claims can begin to be submitted at the league’s regular season site beginning at 12 midnight ET each Monday night and concluding at 10:00pm ET each Wednesday night.

The first round of claims will be processed by the WC after 10:00pm EST on Wednesday night via the regular season site.

The first come, first served claim period opens to all IBL teams on Thursdays at 11:00am ET. When the free agent pool opens at that time, all available free agents are available to be acquired by IBL owners on a first come, first served basis at the regular season sites.

All players dropped during the first come, first served claim period may be picked up immediately by other IBL owners. Any questionable drop/add's by teams from the same boards may be reviewed by the Commissioner Board. If the Commissioner Board rules that the transactions were made in an obvious attempt to circumvent the rules about Intraboard trades, both transactions will be reversed.

The first come, first served claim period will remain open until 1:00pm ET each Sunday. On weeks with Thursday and Saturday games, all free agents playing in those early games are locked at kickoff of those games, but other free agents may be claimed until 1:00pm ET on Sunday.

At 1:00pm ET each Sunday, the weekly first come, first served claim period ends, and no more player acquisitions can be made until the waiver process begins again the following Monday night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Ches Neckbeard posted:

With all the people involved in this.... league? You'd think someone with web design experience would be around.

I followed a how to and made my MFL league home page look like this:

Pic sucks, here's a link: http://www62.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/56957

Only registered members can see post attachments!

B_sketchy fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 9, 2019

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Sataere posted:

Hollywood has a nice match up this week too.

He only played like 12 snaps. I’m calling that performance flukey.

Hollywood on the block :)

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

+ ...Dolphins

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Alfalfa posted:

Haven't had a chance to look at snap counts, but this makes me sad. I really want him to do well.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Alfalfa posted:

I'll give you Adam Humphries and a piece of lint I found in my pocket

B_sketchy posted:

Same team! Same team!

that's right! a team that needs to be hosed!!

Thank you B_Sketchy, what would I do without you

Play fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 9, 2019

Play
Apr 25, 2006

whoops

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Week 1 results (the 186.9 column is average "points for"):

chem (FS 7B) 7‑0‑0 1.000 1308.02 186.9 876.56 125.2 W

FRANCHISE W‑L‑T PCT PF AVG PF PA AVG PA STRK
Brysclar (SA 9D) 6‑1‑0 .857 994.28 142.0 862.44 123.2 W5
Drunk Nerds (SA 11G) 6‑1‑0 .857 860.86 123.0 764.76 109.3 W2
dkj (SA 10A) 5‑2‑0 .714 1008.42 144.1 919.36 131.3 L1
Major Ryan (SA 6H) 5‑2‑0 .714 1005.48 143.6 940.60 134.4 W3
Amergin (SA 8B) 5‑2‑0 .714 1001 143.0 962.00 137.4 W1
Play (SA 2D) 5‑2‑0 .714 831.88 118.8 841.90 120.3 W2
Wismail (SA 5C) 4‑3‑0 .571 907.48 129.6 969.58 138.5 W1
alfalfa_wins (SA 1G) 4‑3‑0 .571 872.34 124.6 873.86 124.8 W1
Ben Nevis (SA 4F) 3‑4‑0 .429 930.72 133.0 952.48 136.1 L3
Ches_neckbeard (SA 3A) 3‑4‑0 .429 710.5 101.5 737.18 105.3 L1
zauper (SA 7E) 0‑7‑0 .000 643.44 91.9 890.36 127.2 L7
Quarterroys (SA 12F) 0‑7‑0 .000 587.02 83.9 916.30 130.9 L7

you typically need to score in the 120s to have a respectable week

pmchem fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 10, 2019

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Hey, I could still win the 2 I lost by <1pt. Nothings impossible.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

Week 1 results (the 186.9 column is average "points for"):

chem (FS 7B) 7‑0‑0 1.000 1308.02 186.9 876.56 125.2 W

FRANCHISE W‑L‑T PCT PF AVG PF PA AVG PA STRK
Brysclar (SA 9D) 6‑1‑0 .857 994.28 142.0 862.44 123.2 W5
Drunk Nerds (SA 11G) 6‑1‑0 .857 860.86 123.0 764.76 109.3 W2
dkj (SA 10A) 5‑2‑0 .714 1008.42 144.1 919.36 131.3 L1
Major Ryan (SA 6H) 5‑2‑0 .714 1005.48 143.6 940.60 134.4 W3
Amergin (SA 8B) 5‑2‑0 .714 1001 143.0 962.00 137.4 W1
Play (SA 2D) 5‑2‑0 .714 831.88 118.8 841.90 120.3 W2
Wismail (SA 5C) 4‑3‑0 .571 907.48 129.6 969.58 138.5 W1
alfalfa_wins (SA 1G) 4‑3‑0 .571 872.34 124.6 873.86 124.8 W1
Ben Nevis (SA 4F) 3‑4‑0 .429 930.72 133.0 952.48 136.1 L3
Ches_neckbeard (SA 3A) 3‑4‑0 .429 710.5 101.5 737.18 105.3 L1
zauper (SA 7E) 0‑7‑0 .000 643.44 91.9 890.36 127.2 L7
Quarterroys (SA 12F) 0‑7‑0 .000 587.02 83.9 916.30 130.9 L7

you typically need to score in the 120s to have a respectable week

Thanks for this. Looks like my email asking for Major Ryan's team to be set got approved.
46-38, not bad for the first week in a league where we're still figuring things out!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I got an uninspiring 119 points due to my quarterback making GBS threads the bed and getting some disappointing results from several guys. As far as I can tell we have seven matchups each week?

Anyways I went 5-2, those two guys outscored me horribly but still not a bad result overall. For SA as a whole we have two 6-1s, four 5-2s, two 4-3s, two 3-4s and two 0-7s for guys who had a tough week getting points. As far as I can tell that leaves us at .547 win percentage as a whole

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Not a great week, lol. Still do like my team a bunch, though. Time for a bounceback!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cervixalot posted:

Not a great week, lol. Still do like my team a bunch, though. Time for a bounceback!

It was a pretty wild week, I expect things to stabilize a bit next week. Some guys that went off will come back to earth and some guys who didn't do poo poo will get it going.

I started Big Ben, who threw a single pass for a single yard in the Patriots side of the field the entire first half. If McCaffrey didn't have an absolutely beastly day I would've been blown out in every single game

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Drunk Nerds posted:

Thanks for this. Looks like my email asking for Major Ryan's team to be set got approved.
46-38, not bad for the first week in a league where we're still figuring things out!

Thanks for the submitting the lineup - it wasn't a complete trash fire of a week!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

B_sketchy posted:

No one got extra draft picks. Roster limit is 18 players. Everyone left the draft with 18 players.

Waivers
The waivers process is overseen by the Board of Commissioners.

Each week during the regular season, there will be two free agent bidding periods. The first period is called waivers; the second is called the first come, first served claim period.

Waivers will open for the first time after Week One of the NFL regular season has concluded.

Each week, after the NFL games are completed, all IBL teams will be assigned a waiver claim order. The waiver claim order will be determined first by worst winning percentage to best winning percentage, with the lesser teams having priority. The tiebreakers for determining waiver claim order are (in order): least total points scored, and reverse order of opponent total points scored.

There will be 4 waiver rounds each week. IBL owners may claim up to 4 players per week in the waivers process, 1 player per round. There is no limit to the number of players an owner may acquire during the weekly first come, first served claim period.

Any NFL player or team defense not currently on 8 IBL rosters is available to be claimed on waivers.

Waiver claims can begin to be submitted at the league’s regular season site beginning at 12 midnight ET each Monday night and concluding at 10:00pm ET each Wednesday night.

The first round of claims will be processed by the WC after 10:00pm EST on Wednesday night via the regular season site.

The first come, first served claim period opens to all IBL teams on Thursdays at 11:00am ET. When the free agent pool opens at that time, all available free agents are available to be acquired by IBL owners on a first come, first served basis at the regular season sites.

All players dropped during the first come, first served claim period may be picked up immediately by other IBL owners. Any questionable drop/add's by teams from the same boards may be reviewed by the Commissioner Board. If the Commissioner Board rules that the transactions were made in an obvious attempt to circumvent the rules about Intraboard trades, both transactions will be reversed.

The first come, first served claim period will remain open until 1:00pm ET each Sunday. On weeks with Thursday and Saturday games, all free agents playing in those early games are locked at kickoff of those games, but other free agents may be claimed until 1:00pm ET on Sunday.

At 1:00pm ET each Sunday, the weekly first come, first served claim period ends, and no more player acquisitions can be made until the waiver process begins again the following Monday night.

I still have no idea where the hell to go to bid on players. Or how to tell who I am allowed to try picking up.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Sataere posted:

I still have no idea where the hell to go to bid on players. Or how to tell who I am allowed to try picking up.

like any MFL league,
league site > for owners > add/drop
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/add_drop?L=42007

don’t try to add a guy you already own

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Where do I do waivers/FCFS?

In the lineup league or draft league?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Alfalfa posted:

Where do I do waivers/FCFS?

In the lineup league or draft league?

Lineup league. The draft leagues are effectively done.

Also, it's worth noting that apparently FCFS opens tomorrow at 11am ET.

Ben Nevis fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 11, 2019

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

pmchem posted:

like any MFL league,
league site > for owners > add/drop
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/add_drop?L=42007

don’t try to add a guy you already own

I thought there were crazy rules about how many divisions people were owned in!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

I thought there were crazy rules about how many divisions people were owned in!

I'm curious about that. Like in theory there's more than one of some of these dudes, but I want to know how many.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

there are 8 total copies of each player. you’d have to do some grunt work to figure out how many are on the wire.

the only special rule is don’t add a player you already own

all other stuff is like any other MFL league, as far as seeing the league calendar, how to do waivers, where to find league settings, etc

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
It's first come first serve open add drops. Just started

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Didn't get Prater, did get Seibert. This will end well

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ben Nevis posted:

It's first come first serve open add drops. Just started

mine still says "global player lock" on each potential add?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Play posted:

mine still says "global player lock" on each potential add?

are you at the main IBL site? http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/42007

all waivers/adds/drops are there. the draft sites are irrelevant now

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Here's a handy spreadsheet to keep track of how we're doing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1boGVxUTujDikzvWKg7yP61z_TBI9CpDapjhkLqgazF0/edit#gid=1421811552

We're actually tied for second right now. I doubt that will last (for example, McCaffrey got me 43 points last week and like 7 this week lol), but good job fellas

pmchem posted:

are you at the main IBL site? http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/42007

all waivers/adds/drops are there. the draft sites are irrelevant now

yeah looks like I just had to open the page again. I was refreshing but it still said global player lock, for some reason I had to go back to the menu and then click on add drop

Also I've got a strategy question: who should start among these guys: Jared Cook, MVS, Will Fuller, Stefon Diggs. I know you'll say Diggs but I didn't start him week 1 and ended up correct with him only getting 5.7 points. The Vikings will probably throw the ball a bit more this week but I just don't know

Play fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 13, 2019

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Play posted:

yeah looks like I just had to open the page again. I was refreshing but it still said global player lock, for some reason I had to go back to the menu and then click on add drop

Yeah, ran into the same thing. Just going at a couple minutes early and refreshing doesn't cut it, you have to actually go to the add drop page after waivers have been opened.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Is there a way to see everyone you're matched against for the week on live scoring?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Depending on what happens with James Conner’s injury, I may be in the market for an RB. Otherwise I will live that Jaylen Samuels life.

Deep at WR, so hit me up if there’s a mutually advantageous move we can make that passes the calculator test:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Looks like I'm gonna lose several games this week for the simple reason of Big Ben dying and not finishing the game. Got like 3 points out of him, that's it while the rest of my team performed pretty well but those missed points are gonna gently caress me

I REALLY REALLY NEED QBs. If anyone has extra, maybe we could work something out. I've got Cam and Ben, I'll definitely try and pick someone up in waivers but interested in trade also

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

Looks like I'm gonna lose several games this week for the simple reason of Big Ben dying and not finishing the game. Got like 3 points out of him, that's it while the rest of my team performed pretty well but those missed points are gonna gently caress me

I REALLY REALLY NEED QBs. If anyone has extra, maybe we could work something out. I've got Cam and Ben, I'll definitely try and pick someone up in waivers but interested in trade also

I have three QBs and cannot for the life of me recall drafting two of them.

I can trade you Josh Allen.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

a boring 144 point week from me, but that zero from Alshon was annoying

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pmchem posted:

a boring 144 point week from me, but that zero from Alshon was annoying

Did you get SA to create a group just so you had a thread to gloat in but be too good to play in our group?

I’m guessing you played Mostert over DJ?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Let’s not get all worked up about my posting about a good start. I don’t even know if I’ve played any of you yet, I don’t look at matchups. There’s nothing on the line in this league.

I’m here because I thought many guys on SA would enjoy the draft format, and I have tried to be repeatedly helpful answering people’s questions about the league. I’ve been on the FS team for many years and it would’ve been rude to jump ship. I hope you guys do well.

I almost started McLaurin this week, but was talked out of it by teammates. That was bad, except I might’ve likely sat Golladay, so it was actually good. I’ll work hi or Hollywood into the lineup somehow next week.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Looking like I'll make a slight improvement this week to 4/7. About the same amount of points though. I guess in the face of Brees and Ben and some of these others, I've dodged bullets.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pmchem posted:

Let’s not get all worked up about my posting about a good start. I don’t even know if I’ve played any of you yet, I don’t look at matchups. There’s nothing on the line in this league.

I’m here because I thought many guys on SA would enjoy the draft format, and I have tried to be repeatedly helpful answering people’s questions about the league. I’ve been on the FS team for many years and it would’ve been rude to jump ship. I hope you guys do well.

I almost started McLaurin this week, but was talked out of it by teammates. That was bad, except I might’ve likely sat Golladay, so it was actually good. I’ll work hi or Hollywood into the lineup somehow next week.

You know who you’ve played. I was one of them with djax dying.

We’d love for you to brag if you lead us into popularity, but you just need a pace
To brag do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

I have three QBs and cannot for the life of me recall drafting two of them.

I can trade you Josh Allen.

can confirm that even 8 points from my QB would've won me like 4 more games

But yeah I'd like Josh Allen, why not. Take a look at what I've got but I'm only trading the bottom of my barrel. How about Ito Smith, who could turn out to be huge if Freeman goes down. Guess I could give up Miles Boykin too

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Sure. Trade offer sent

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Cervixalot posted:

Depending on what happens with James Conner’s injury, I may be in the market for an RB. Otherwise I will live that Jaylen Samuels life.

Deep at WR, so hit me up if there’s a mutually advantageous move we can make that passes the calculator test:

Reposting. Anyone want to trade me Kerryon/Fournette or someone in that tier of RBs for one of my WRs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Edit: drat app posting

Was offering Fournette for OBJ

pmchem fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 19, 2019