Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Volmarias posted:

I think you mean "freedom fighters." This is the federation, how could they possibly do a terrorism?

That's what Garak is for :unsmigghh:

Kira's literally got a 'gently caress yeah, I was a terrorist' speech too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
chuckling softly to myyself as i do guided visual meditation of a looney tunes gangster called Kilos O’Brien

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

I can't decide whether I'm reading this as J.G. Hertzler with a faux comedy British accent or John Cleese doing an imitation of Martok.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Lemniscate Blue posted:

That was good, though.

yes and no

the story was good

but actually blending in the ds9 crew with 60's sets broke a lot of nerd minds because they then demanded that anything set during the original runs timeline had to look like it was made for a low budget 60's era sci fi show. Because it was canon you see. Oops. It was good yes, but star trek fans are absolute imbeciles and ruined it anyway.

So then discovery comes along, has dogshit writing but all nerds can do is complain about star fleet ships not having LED's and the holograms were too futuristic.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
DS9 Improbable Cause and The Die is Cast are two of the best episodes in the series, if not all of trek.

I know DS9 In The Pale Moonlight gets a lot of acclaim but all of the episodes that feature Garak or have him as a side character (even when he is the enemy invading Bashir's mind) build toward something. They start to pay out fairly early, but these are the first totally focusing on him even if Odo is the active character.

Gruppy
Aug 16, 2021

Regarde Aduck posted:

yes and no

the story was good

but actually blending in the ds9 crew with 60's sets broke a lot of nerd minds because they then demanded that anything set during the original runs timeline had to look like it was made for a low budget 60's era sci fi show. Because it was canon you see. Oops. It was good yes, but star trek fans are absolute imbeciles and ruined it anyway.

So then discovery comes along, has dogshit writing but all nerds can do is complain about star fleet ships not having LED's and the holograms were too futuristic.

The way they made it look was really good, the other day I was walking by while my dad was watching that ep and I actually thought he was watching tos. I saw O'Brian being chewed out by Krik and my brain broke for a minute.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gruppy posted:

The way they made it look was really good, the other day I was walking by while my dad was watching that ep and I actually thought he was watching tos. I saw O'Brian being chewed out by Krik and my brain broke for a minute.

I just watched this yesterday on a whim and yeah, the visuals are drat near seamless (and I've got to say I love them handwaving the visuals as "classic 23rd century design").

Also watched the original Trouble With Tribbles about a week ago and to my faint surprise it was drat near perfect.

docbeard fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 5, 2021

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

docbeard posted:

I just watched this yesterday on a whim and yeah, the visuals are drat near seamless (and I've got to say I love them handwaving the visuals as "classic 23rd century design").

Also watched the original Trouble With Tribbles about a week ago and to my faint surprise it was drat near perfect.

My favorite detail in the DS9 episode is that the reason tribbles keep occasionally dropping down on Kirk at the end of the TOS episode is because Sisko is up there scanning them and then chucking the scanned ones out the chute Kirk is under.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Saw this in my timeline, thought this thread might appreciate it:

https://twitter.com/frenegi/status/1396912879257915396

Kira was a freedom fighter. Antifas are just larpers who run around playing dressup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

lmao