Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Does the Doctor's Static Field / Shock Therapy pierce terrain? I tried Shock Therapying someone trying to juke me with a chainlink fence but wasn't sure if it actually worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Yes it goes through terrain, the range is kinda short without addons. You'll get Pacified and other deviousness/power use BP indicators if it hit and they'll scream unless they have Calm Spirit.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

God, Bloodhunt is so good. Ended up getting over 100k points from a good Cannibal round between raw points, BBQ, an offering, a daily ritual, and the hunt doubler.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Doomykins posted:

Yes it goes through terrain, the range is kinda short without addons. You'll get Pacified and other deviousness/power use BP indicators if it hit and they'll scream unless they have Calm Spirit.

Gotcha.

Second general question: You're the killer, you know where the hatch is, and the third survivor just ate it. Do you slam the hatch immediately and start patrolling gates, or what do you do? Ran into that situation tonight.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pyrolocutus posted:

Do you slam the hatch immediately and start patrolling gates

Unless I'm feeling merciful, yes.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

rydiafan posted:

Unless I'm feeling merciful, yes.

Righty. I slammed the hatch shut but was a little too late to Gate 2 so was wondering if I misplayed it.

Just finished up a 4-0 where I harassed poor Bill :( First I scooped him up off an attempted rescue and then at the end tagged him as he was bolting for the third survivor to prevent a sacrifice.

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011

Pyrolocutus posted:

Righty. I slammed the hatch shut but was a little too late to Gate 2 so was wondering if I misplayed it.

I play exclusively survivor. As soon as the hatch opens, I make that my main priority. I think it makes sense for the killer to do the same.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Pyrolocutus posted:

Just finished up a 4-0 where I harassed poor Bill :( First I scooped him up off an attempted rescue and then at the end tagged him as he was bolting for the third survivor to prevent a sacrifice.

Yeah, the correct play is always to slam the hatch if you see it. There are some maps where, depending on how the gates spawn relative to each other, there's no way to stop the survivor if they either wait at the gate and you pick the wrong one or they wait for you to leave before going for it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Always go for the hatch, IMO, if you know where it is. If a survivor gets out the gate in the time it takes you to close the hatch... well, they might've done that anyways because you could've ended up guessing the wrong gate.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

If you really want to tighten your exit gate play practice moonwalking until something physically blocks your line of sight, low terror radius builds, mind gaming(walk halfway to the other gate and try to spy the switch from as far out as you can then hard 180), run anti-ninja perks like Stridor or just go all-in on using Whispers every game, which is a pretty solid information perk overall and bulletproof for knowing which gate they're hiding near. Or main the Chad Trapper and trap the switch. :smugmrgw:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I stopped using Whispers because it was basically the Entity mocking me.

"They're right here, moron. Why can't you find them?"

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Honestly the biggest thing Whispers does for you is let you ignore huge sections of the map by just dipping your toe in a bit. Helps you get to that first chase faster and it keeps you from wasting time searching empty places mid-game.

More of an anti-time waster perk.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Whispers sounds good but idk about you all but I can never pick them out from the ambient noise.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
The perk lights up when you're within range of people and goes dim when you're not. Remembering to check though is a struggle.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Whispers is always active information, it's just that the information isn't always useful (unlike let's say a BBQ and Chili or Discordance, where the information is situationally activated but generally useful when it does). Imo it's most useful early game, depending on the map, and if you have a mobile killer like Billy or Blight Serum to find someone away from the hook.

Also if you're watching doors, you mainly want to watch the lights on the doors. If a door is at 0 lights when you leave it, and 1 when you come back, the survivor has to be real close!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Door... lights? :psyduck:

Let's not talk about how many successful 4Ks I have off games that go to the doors without knowing that, it'll just hurt me more.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah, the lights on top of the gate switch. I think they light up at 30% intervals or so?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

It is Fun to use good old Mike Myers, that mirror that locks you in T1, and the Blighted Serum.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I just started reading the thread. What is tea bagging in this game and the meaning of other terms (particularly acronyms)?

I remember tea bagging in CS and DoD as being crouching on someone’s dead body to literally shove their face on your nuts and then negging them.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
It's the same thing, just usually done after dropping a pallet or at the exit gate instead of over a dead person. Although sometimes also survivors do it to dead/downed survivors.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

TGLT posted:

It's the same thing, just usually done after dropping a pallet or at the exit gate instead of over a dead person. Although sometimes also survivors do it to dead/downed survivors.

Ah. The tradition lives on.

I thought, given how it was phrased, that survivors do it to killers - which I don't know how to take down a killer to even do that so I was confused.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

It's a form of teasing or outright bullying, depending oh how organized the survivors get with it lol The most common one is tebagging after stunning you, at the exit or when they just got unhooked and they know you'll just eat a Decisive Strike if you try to hook them again.
It can seriously get on people's nerves and get them to make stupid mistakes, especially when you do it with one of the killers who can actually crouch.

Azran fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 31, 2020

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Yeah when survivors do it to killers they're usually bragging that you can't hit them, they're trying to tilt you to get you to play poorly, or they're just doing dumb poo poo and it's funny.

There are actually two killers who can do it back - Pig and Ghost Face. Ghost Face moreso than Pig.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The real shitheads just park at the finish line once the gate is open and teabag nonstop, since they're aware they can't lose at that point and it's either acknowledge them by chasing them out or do nothing for two plus minutes while the timer runs out

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

DeathChicken posted:

The real shitheads just park at the finish line once the gate is open and teabag nonstop, since they're aware they can't lose at that point and it's either acknowledge them by chasing them out or do nothing for two plus minutes while the timer runs out

I have never, and I mean *never* in my now close to a week of playing this game seen survivors that did *not* do this

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I have more than once baited teabaggers into doing an emote at me, then hit them with the ol' EW3 and scooped them away from sure victory

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Danknificent posted:

I have never, and I mean *never* in my now close to a week of playing this game seen survivors that did *not* do this

So in his "how not to get tilted" video, otz pointed out that some survivors actually do this to let the killer get a last hit in for some blood points, because it doesn't cost the survivors anything to leave injured versus healthy. That's the killer I now assume that every survivor is doing it for this reason, and even if I'm wrong most of the time it does wonders for my frustration.

Right now especially because of the extra blood point events you'll find a lot of killers and survivors working together. Yesterday I helped somebody get that drat blight challenge from the current rift done, by having all the survivors just stand next to a wall and let him bounce off of it and hit us over and over again. We then ran around the entire map tipping over every pallet on him and letting him break it.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Man I know the Game is really good for good Nurse, but when you're not confident in your blinks it's a loving nightmare. Doubly so against a good 4 man. Most loving nerve wracking game I've played.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I played one game as the Nurse, knew that neither my sanity nor my keyboard would survive long enough for me to get good, and switched to Huntress.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

rydiafan posted:

So in his "how not to get tilted" video, otz pointed out that some survivors actually do this to let the killer get a last hit in for some blood points, because it doesn't cost the survivors anything to leave injured versus healthy. That's the killer I now assume that every survivor is doing it for this reason, and even if I'm wrong most of the time it does wonders for my frustration.

Same. Now if they don't hang out right next to the exit line and I can pick them up then it's hook time. :getin:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

rydiafan posted:

I played one game as the Nurse, knew that neither my sanity nor my keyboard would survive long enough for me to get good, and switched to Huntress.

Honestly, yeah waiting to learn Nurse until I stopped giving a poo poo about rank and stuff was the best decision. loving up simple blinks is frustrating, but man when everything clicks and you start downing people in ~15-20 seconds.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Clumping together at the exit gate is also a great way to get extra protection hits to max out WGLF.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I wait in the gate if there are other survivors not accounted for, since they might need me to take a protection hit, body block, or possibly go for a late rescue if they get hooked. And yeah for WGLF stacks when I run it but that is rare.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
yeah I think I'll pass on playing Blight. I'll just feed him with my main man Pyramid Head once I'm done building PH up with Ruin, Discordance and BBQ.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

rydiafan posted:

Right now especially because of the extra blood point events you'll find a lot of killers and survivors working together. Yesterday I helped somebody get that drat blight challenge from the current rift done, by having all the survivors just stand next to a wall and let him bounce off of it and hit us over and over again. We then ran around the entire map tipping over every pallet on him and letting him break it.

I respect that. The gate teabagging doesn't bother me, I just note that *everyone* does it. I'm blessed with a calm disposition, and have only been genuinely irked by a survivor's actions once (standing there and keeping me blinded with a flashlight for like 15 seconds :argh:)

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
The worst thing is getting a SWF group that just runs circles around you the whole time and mocks and insults you at the end.

Yes I just got some of those fucktards in my last game why do you ask?.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
how much do you think ninja got paid to play this game for 1 hour

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

Tha_Joker_GAmer posted:

how much do you think ninja got paid to play this game for 1 hour

Disguised Toast back in late 2018 did a video on how much he gets offered for sponsored stuff, and he was not as well known back then outside the Hearthstone community. He said back then someone who averaged 10k viewers would typically get offered between 1k and 10k per hour for sponsored streaming. I don't know what Ninja pulls these days but I can only imagine those dollars have gone up since Toast did this video two years ago.

So probably Ninja got paid a considerable percentage of the median annual income for household in the US for it.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Danknificent posted:

I respect that. The gate teabagging doesn't bother me, I just note that *everyone* does it. I'm blessed with a calm disposition, and have only been genuinely irked by a survivor's actions once (standing there and keeping me blinded with a flashlight for like 15 seconds :argh:)

If you aren't dropping a survivor you can move while blinded, I always oblige people who want to "stun" me while I kick a pallet so the time spent overlaps. If you wear headphones and they don't have iron will you can move forward and turn to follow their noise, you gain time unless they used really strong flashlight add-ons. :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What's the big drama about Ninja anyways? All I know is that they got a popular Fortnite streamer to play DBD and apparently the community exploded. Is he actually a real piece of work like PDP or is this just a case of this game's incredible playerbase and the usual FORTNITE BAD!!! reactions?