Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I too hate self checkout counters. I have to go collect all of my own groceries, I have to go scan all of them, then I have to bag them then I have to take them out to my care. at that point I'm a loving employee so give me a paycheck and my employee discount you thieving fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it’s time to put the groceries in the bag op

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
spent $91 at target getting shampoo, cat food, a frozen pizza, some oat milk, and some oter little bullshit. def a $40 trip in the beforetimes.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
shampoo? haha ok

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Cuttlefush posted:

shampoo? haha ok

yea what of it

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
SHAM-poo

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Smythe posted:

spent $91 at target getting shampoo, cat food, a frozen pizza, some oat milk, and some oter little bullshit. def a $40 trip in the beforetimes.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Dr bald looks badass

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
dr bald is a gigachad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
dr bald & dr bronner coming together for a colab you cant afford to miss

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Smythe posted:

dr bald & dr bronner coming together for a colab you cant afford to miss

Bearded Agent 47 reading the entire Dr. Bronner's label out loud

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Smythe posted:

SHAM poo
SCAM food
frozen PONZI
FRAUD milk

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

marked at target

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Shampoo for my real friends, real poo for my sham friends 😤

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

salty fishy

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Smythe posted:

OK well what did you steal then

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

titty_baby_ posted:

OK well what did you steal then

stealing is a crime

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

trying to eat this pinecone like an artichoke

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lumpentroll posted:

piggly wiggly

We used to have a couple of those here but they both shut down pretty much the second Walmart started selling groceries.

The sole surviving non Walmart grocery store is surviving purely because Walmart's meat sucks

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Target is like Walgreens or fastfood where if you're not using their app to do online orders you are getting bad prices. This reduces the need for store labor too somehow

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Lord of Pie posted:

We used to have a couple of those here but they both shut down pretty much the second Walmart started selling groceries.

The sole surviving non Walmart grocery store is surviving purely because Walmart's meat sucks

What, you don't like quarter inch thin "ribeyes" with less marbling than a sirloin?

It's Sam's choice! Sam Walton HIMSELF would eat this!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

food fit for a corpse

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

every time my gf goes to target she compulsively steals something

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

free cheese is about as much praxis as i'm capable of

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
stealing from retail stores feels awesome

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

one thrill when i walk through the doors, a second when i unwrap my lil present to myself

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I used to know someone that would compulsively coupon at stores like CVS. everything he got was free, then he sold it in garage sales, gave it to the cashiers, or gave it all to friends. pretty good racket

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I used to know someone that would compulsively coupon at stores like CVS. everything he got was free, then he sold it in garage sales, gave it to the cashiers, or gave it all to friends. pretty good racket

I've always been bewildered by these stories cause I've used coupons, both physical and digital basically my entire adult life and literally every single one I've seen says "not combinable with any other offer". I know there's some loopholes like manufacturer's coupons that apply regardless that I've gotten some pretty good deals with but certainly nothing to the extent of the whole ringing up a cart full of misc hygiene products and having it come out to 50 cents or w/e.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

PoundSand posted:

I've always been bewildered by these stories cause I've used coupons, both physical and digital basically my entire adult life and literally every single one I've seen says "not combinable with any other offer". I know there's some loopholes like manufacturer's coupons that apply regardless that I've gotten some pretty good deals with but certainly nothing to the extent of the whole ringing up a cart full of misc hygiene products and having it come out to 50 cents or w/e.

the key was definitely using the "buy this, get extra care bucks back" deals. so like, he'd find something on sale for $2, plus you got $1 back to use at the store in the next month. add a coupon, and it cost you 50 cents. once you get going though, you just use that in-store money to pay for anything ad infinitum. that's why you see those crazy couponer people have huge stashes of poo poo, cause you have to get stuff each week even if you don't want it so your in-store money stuff doesn't expire lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
you also complain loudly until they get a manager who lets you combine coupons so that you leave

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

you also complain loudly until they get a manager who lets you combine coupons so that you leave

this is the real secret

want free or cheaper poo poo? be as loud and annoying to The Help as possible. only rubes n n00bs try to be nice and meak

TargetShoplifter
May 13, 2024

titty_baby_ posted:

every time my gf goes to target she compulsively steals something

its so easy to do, every time I go through self checkout I just brazenly leave poo poo in the cart or drop 2 items while scanning one and it just works. i live in a lovely area and there is always two target employees watching everyone in self checkout and a goon with a gun at the entrance and nobody has ever noticed, not once. i figured if i get called out i would just act confused and befuddled by these bizarre self checkout contraptions but even that has never happened

its a 20-50% discount every time

grocery stores are even easier

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

romaine lettuce and cauliflower are stupid expensive

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
it's cheaper to ring up cauliflower as if it's a PS5 🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂😂😭😭

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
newly registered user CrimeCommitter loves committing crimes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Karach posted:

lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Karach posted:

lol thank you I didn't see their name

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

https://www.chron.com/food/article/houston-top-grocery-store-inflation-19442376.php

Make it stop!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

can't wait until brisket isn't cool anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i wasn't stealing and the self checkout locked up till the dude came over and watched lovely 5fps video of me swiping the tag on my green onions twice cause the first time it didnt scan, then punched in some code and just walked away

this system rocks