Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

If you want to drop it we can drop it but yeah I really thought it was lovely and unfair to push for engagement over my attempts to disengage and then immediately retreat into disengagement once I listed the posts I didn't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.
drat! I'm actually glad now I got knocked out day 1! Best scum play ever MSRR, you did a hell of a job seeing this to the end! Awesome!!!!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

trajanmax posted:

drat! I'm actually glad now I got knocked out day 1! Best scum play ever MSRR, you did a hell of a job seeing this to the end! Awesome!!!!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Lol for some reason it jumped to the end and I thought you just randomly posted that before the end of the day.

Just caught up. Welp.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.

I've been watching this almost obsessively since this game day started. I was afraid it was going to stagnate hahahhaha. Nope, my amazing Scum buddy MSRR pulled off the win!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

I will have learned my lesson to never respect your request to disengage in the future.
MSRR went ballistic on anyone pushing them. It was screamingly scummy.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Like, D1 vote, why would a towny refresh to see if someone else hammered 5 mins til deadline? It makes no sense.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

So many scum plays and slips there. Keane, my son, my baby boy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

So many scum plays and slips there. Keane, my son, my baby boy.

Buddy, I am not in the place for it, like I said I had a really lovely week and I know you're joking around and don't mean it but I don't want to right now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Eh I need to log off I think.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Sorry, I am just joking around :(

Good job on the victory MSRR.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Sorry, I am just joking around :(

Good job on the victory MSRR.

I know, I don't have a sense of humor now. I'll give the context that should maybe be fair here, but my aunt had a massive stroke on Friday and passed away on Christmas Eve. I figured it would be too small of a game to really replace out of and I tried to push through. I don't think it was a good idea for me to do so, it's hard not to get more upset at things than is called for. So I'm sorry for running hot. It's been a really bad week.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
drat, nicely done MSRR. I would've lost it for us at endgame too, I think. Will need to read/review this one again in the future.

Sorry to hear about your RL stuff Keane.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

CCKeane posted:

I know, I don't have a sense of humor now. I'll give the context that should maybe be fair here, but my aunt had a massive stroke on Friday and passed away on Christmas Eve. I figured it would be too small of a game to really replace out of and I tried to push through. I don't think it was a good idea for me to do so, it's hard not to get more upset at things than is called for. So I'm sorry for running hot. It's been a really bad week.

I am very sorry to hear you are having a poo poo holiday season, I really do mean that. I had a whole bunch of other words typed up here but I don't think they matter as much. I legit don't believe either of us were trying to damage the other, I think we just have very different perspectives on what was said and in what tones, and again I am sorry if anything I said or did left you feeling otherwise. I am willing to assume good faith on your standpoint.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Buddy, I am not in the place for it, like I said I had a really lovely week and I know you're joking around and don't mean it but I don't want to right now.

I do hope all is well with you Keane and that things get better for you.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Pander posted:

Like, D1 vote, why would a towny refresh to see if someone else hammered 5 mins til deadline? It makes no sense.

For whatever it's worth this is one of the few places you didn't get the case quite right lol - It really did go down just like I said it did. I forgot about deadline, came back in a panic, saw nobody else was voting/posting, wrote my post, hit refresh to make sure nobody hammered while I was typing, and hit send. Otherwise, really, stellar case work - you had me fukkin nailed me to the wall lmao

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Pander posted:

MSRR went ballistic on anyone pushing them. It was screamingly scummy.

Also, I go ballistic on people literally all the time in every game. There's a reason nobody thought me popping off was a scum tell - if I *didn't* go hog wild people would think I'm scum lol

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Anyway, all other things aside I had a lot of fun; Keane and Pander 100% had me on the backfoot for drat near the entire game and should be appropriately recognized for their badass work as town. Special shout-outs to trajan for holding it down - hopefully you won't be a stranger in the future!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

My Second Re-Reg posted:

For whatever it's worth this is one of the few places you didn't get the case quite right lol - It really did go down just like I said it did. I forgot about deadline, came back in a panic, saw nobody else was voting/posting, wrote my post, hit refresh to make sure nobody hammered while I was typing, and hit send. Otherwise, really, stellar case work - you had me fukkin nailed me to the wall lmao
As town would you have refreshed to make sure nobody hammered? I just don't get that move, if you're town you just want to prevent a no-kill there so you hammer. Someone else hammering at the same time wouldn't matter.

If you did just get back it'd invalidate my point about Toadsmash forcing you into a corner. Also, the fact that the timing WAS down to the same minute did give me pause.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Pander posted:

As town would you have refreshed to make sure nobody hammered? I just don't get that move, if you're town you just want to prevent a no-kill there so you hammer. Someone else hammering at the same time wouldn't matter.

If you did just get back it'd invalidate my point about Toadsmash forcing you into a corner. Also, the fact that the timing WAS down to the same minute did give me pause.

Absolutely - have done so before, would do so again. Like I said at the time, posting *after* hammer is a 100% sure-fire way to get somebody to call you scum, and no matter my alignment the last thing I ever need is to give anyone another reason to vote for me. :P

like when i saw toad's post before mine i was straight up sweatin irl lol

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
drat, I ended up with almost perfect scum reads this game, too. I gotta get better at convincing you people.

Sorry for my disappearance. Had a family emergency that swallowed me whole that day, but I would sure as hell have been back for D3, unlike Moomin. RIP. :argh:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If I was in Keane’s shoes I’d be ripshit at you MSRR lmao

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Keane has been awarded the people's champion award for being a good dude

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Opopanax posted:

:yeah:

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Opopanax posted:

Hellz yeah!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Well deserved

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

We're all Christmas friends

Also what does someone have to do to draw a doc protect night 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Yeah I definitely misplayed N1.