Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earl of Lavender
Jul 29, 2007

This is not my beautiful house!!

This is not my beautiful wife!!!
Pillbug

Somethingdumb posted:

he's an unmedicated 30 year old schizophrenic living in a tent in the woods im PRETTY sure he's not a government pawn also yes this is real

The plan for the next podcast is beginning to coalesce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart

Somethingdumb posted:

he's an unmedicated 30 year old schizophrenic living in a tent in the woods im PRETTY sure he's not a government pawn also yes this is real

EDIT: oops i posted 3 times im so so tired.

So forget Sonic, we need some videos on this guy stat.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

InspectorCarbonara posted:

So are you guys going to play the Yoshi's Island and Zelda DLC levels?

Play the former as part of the 30 years of Mario.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Somethingdumb posted:

I feel like the taste of the eggs is completely destroyed in all but the most well made omelets. I have had good omelets but a standard quality omelet is a tragedy.

Makes perfect sense actually, I can see how it would be a poor choice if you are specifically looking to have eggs. I feel it the worst eggs I've ever had would be balut, but there's things inside of that that are no longer egg.

Also thanks for powering through this. I was interested in this game until this LP came out. Now I know better.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I like eggs, I like cheese, but for some reason omlettes just make my palate recoil in horror. It's like the time I made the mistake of trying a hotdog with cheese inside it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
In an omelette, the egg becomes the vehicle for other flavors. Whether or not that is good is entirely up to your own palette.

Also here's the last episode of this goddamn stupid bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuL1P9p2Bec

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.
No take-backs on the game. I was not kidding when I said it's your problem now.

Dark Cohomology
Nov 4, 2009
I went ahead and looked up a video of the final hidden level, because I was curious. It would've taken these guys like 2 more videos due to the weird mechanics, despite it being dumb and underwhelming. So, par for the course.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
If you're cooking an omelet don't brown it. That seems like the most common problem with amateur omelet-ists. Omelets can be eggy as well as anything else you want them to be.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Giggs posted:

If you're cooking an omelet don't brown it. That seems like the most common problem with amateur omelet-ists. Omelets can be eggy as well as anything else you want them to be.

Not browning it isn't really the problem, it's that making the egg fluff properly and stand out is really difficult depending on what the other ingredients are. I mean, if you're going to be adding American cheese like a lot of amateur chefs and cheaper restaurants do, the egg is just not going to come through right.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That's just Sonic Colors's final boss!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Somethingdumb posted:

EDIT: oops i posted 3 times im so so tired.

Let me say with complete sincerity that you seem like you do a pretty good job of coping with pretty extreme adversity. I'm really glad you're doing ok and staying chill plus podcasting. I know that people have things worse in lots of ways, but a nutso family situation can really do things to people.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Not browning it isn't really the problem, it's that making the egg fluff properly and stand out is really difficult depending on what the other ingredients are. I mean, if you're going to be adding American cheese like a lot of amateur chefs and cheaper restaurants do, the egg is just not going to come through right.

You're right, but I would argue that a browned omelette is worse than an under-fluffed omelette. I don't particularly care for fluffy omelettes. Browned omelettes have this sort of dark, stale flavour that is just sort of on-top of the enjoyable aspects of an omelette. Browned omelettes are the practically-every-sonic-game-after-sonic-3 of sonic games. Sonic generations is the properly cooked but insufficiently fluffy omelette of the series. It's still okay. It's not great, but it could be much worse.

I was disappointed to find no videos on youtube of someone making a sonic-shaped omelette. I was so certain it had to exist.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
As bad as the rest of the game is, that final boss was pretty cool.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I love how because your Gamepad died the credits paused, but the video player and the music kept on rolling and caused like two minutes of credits to scroll in silence.

This game can't even get credits right.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Fedule posted:

I love how because your Gamepad died the credits paused, but the video player and the music kept on rolling and caused like two minutes of credits to scroll in silence.

This game can't even get credits right.

Clearly intentional. Would you want someone to notice your name on this piece of poo poo?

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Charging your loving homing attack. What a stupid loving mechanic.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Dr. Buttass posted:

Charging your loving homing attack. What a stupid loving mechanic.

It's completely counterintuitive to over the past decade of Sonic, what could go wrong?

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
What the hell kind of ending was that? (Game, not LP.)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Davinci posted:

As bad as the rest of the game is, that final boss was pretty cool.

it was pretty cool in 2010 too because as I've said it's just the final boss of Colors again. but broken.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
So when's the Yoshi and Zelda DLC levels bonus video?

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Thank you for making this LP, even though it was awful doing so.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
Oh turns out 12 wasnt the last episode oops hey here's the last episode (thanks lumberjack)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuL1P9p2Bec

Jack Gladney posted:

Let me say with complete sincerity that you seem like you do a pretty good job of coping with pretty extreme adversity. I'm really glad you're doing ok and staying chill plus podcasting. I know that people have things worse in lots of ways, but a nutso family situation can really do things to people.
My nutso family is more nutso than y'all could ever guess. Let me be self congratulatory real quick:

That I am a functioning and responsible adult, is, well, frankly it doesn't seem possible.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Somethingdumb posted:

My nutso family is more nutso than y'all could ever guess. Let me be self congratulatory real quick:

That I am a functioning and responsible adult, is, well, frankly it doesn't seem possible.

Considering this LP I would question the 'responsible' part.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The real question is when do we get part 2 of your sister and her take on the illuminati

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

And the "functioning" part.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Keith works better than Sonic Lost World.

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

Dabir posted:

Keith works better than Sonic Lost World.

That's not really that difficult to be honest.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Man, gently caress this game.

Better luck next Sonic Game, I guess.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

LateToTheParty posted:

That's not really that difficult to be honest.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
:colbert: y'all dont know me

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Functional adults don't use the phrase "y'all".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ometeotl posted:

Those who think that, y'all can get bent.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ometeotl posted:

says the high functioning one

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Ometeotl posted:

yes i do

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
So it looks like Sonic Boom is going to take the prize for best and worst Sonic game ever made from the claws of Sonic 06 and Sonic Lost World, when do we get to see you two screaming yourselves to death while trying to play it? :v: :allears:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
They already started. :ssh:
No thread because of the 3 month rule though.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
They need to talk to slowbeef right now, Sonic Boom is too good bad to not get an LP thread.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I thought slowbeef wasn't a mod anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Well they need to talk to whoever is in charge then. Geop? I don't loving know, I only just noticed the forum got renamed so that is how much attention I am paying to the powers that be.

• Locked thread