Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

blugu64 posted:

Hell yeah buddy, Thank you OP.

Still waiting on my membership packet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would like to go target shooting until I'm as good as a trick shooter from the old west. I would start by shooting the broadside of a barn. And then I would move onto smaller and smaller things like maybe first a watermelon. Then I would move down to a grapefruit. Then maybe an apple. Then a plum. Then a huge green grape. Then a regular size grape.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
I've done all that, and it's super fun and cool. This is how you become what you hate if you're against guns, btw.

Also, cucky pizzone.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Tbf If you go far enough left you get your guns back. Anyways why start with a barn. Start with a grape and then move up and you get progressively more drunk.

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich
lol Obama completely broke their brains

COMRADES posted:

Reminder that Ronnie Reagan was pro-guns except for when he was governor of CA and worked tirelessly to ban people carrying them (as per that quote) because the Black Panthers.

His gun laws in California became the template for the later AWB

Significant Ant fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 13, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

One of the big reasons we have any crude semblance of sanity (background checks, waiting periods) is because he took one for the team so Hinkley could get that date with Jodie Foster.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

One of the big reasons we have any crude semblance of sanity (background checks, waiting periods) is because he took one for the team so Hinkley could get that date with Jodie Foster.

hinkley did nothing wrong?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

blugu64 posted:

Yes, what could a bunch of redneck yokels in north america do to the best equipped and trained army that had ever been fielded?

Ask the Vietnamese. And the Afghani.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Significant Ant posted:

lol Obama completely broke their brains

Between Obama, Trump and 9/11, is there a single American remaining whose brain is not broken?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

blugu64 posted:

Yes, what could a bunch of redneck yokels in north america do to the best equipped and trained army that had ever been fielded?

Lol what are they gonna do commit to a war of attrition on American soil? Also we haven't won a war in decades

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

FogHelmut posted:

Yes that was the joke, doubley so because it was Independence Day :downs:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Inescapable Duck posted:

Between Obama, Trump and 9/11, is there a single American remaining whose brain is not broken?

me

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

blugu64 posted:

Yes that was the joke, doubley so because it was Independence Day :downs:

I can only respond in the form of a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pje34fUgLQ

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
Sorry guys, but your toys don't actually give your life any extra meaning or importance.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
But it does give them some fleeting sense of power in their meaningless existence. Given all their shortcomings, they can still ruin lives.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Also some people get them because they're afraid of black people.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

here.

ditty bout my clitty posted:

I'm afraid of people period, I think I should buy some guns.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

morally adept posted:

Sorry guys, but your toys don't actually give your life any extra meaning or importance.

Nothing does, life is what you make it. Target shooting is a lot of fun though.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

here.

blugu64 posted:

Nothing does, life is what you make it. Target shooting is a lot of fun though.

I'd be willing to give it a try.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Hmm yes there's inherently no difference between groups of people who have been fighting off military invaders for the last 50 to 1000 years and a group of people who's last major hardship was when hee-haw got canceled.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
I was in a funeral procession yesterday and noticed one of the traffic cops had a bunch of tattoos, including the Greek 'Molon Labe' in block lettering across his right forearm. He probably has charming friends.

naem
May 29, 2011

'moron label'

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'm cool.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Molon Labes, a nonprofit charity dedicated to prevention of FGM

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
Just a reminder: the "Three guns for every American" figure is an average, and while there's a lot of people who have no guns, or maybe one gun, you also have those people who have like 50.

Some police departments have less guns than that, it's wild.

But then again, a lot of those 50-gun people also have gunsheds and storage, because guns are important enough to keep in climate controlled environments and under lock and key. Literally safer and more money invested in guns than some Virginia miner's child :911::patriot::911:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Gun will rust and be unusable and can't be replaced if stored improperly, you can have more kids easily

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hey guys, get this. I'm severely mentally ill, on record, and just bought some more guns lol. Also, the ATF just last week gave me a license to buy old guns through the mail. haha

The NRA is certainly doing their job. Oh what a country we live in. :patriot:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Well you've been committing a felony by lying on question 11 on the 4473 so enjoy prison, cause I reported your post to the fbi

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Blue Train posted:

Well you've been committing a felony by lying on question 11 on the 4473 so enjoy prison, cause I reported your post to the fbi

Nope. Never lied, never been forcibly committed, never been deemed mentally incompetent (besides my posting evidence).

100% legal baby.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

:patriot:

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

I'm new to all this. What kind of gun says "I am a horrible shot, so I need something with both a large blast radius and as many bullets sprayed within said radius as possible in long bursts?"

SAW M249

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Yer got dang right.

Also I should not be able to own a gun.

But here we are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

here.

I'm new to all this. What kind of gun says "I am a horrible shot, so I need something with both a large blast radius and as many bullets sprayed within said radius as possible in long bursts?"

Old timey cannon loaded with grape shot.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hey guys, get this. I'm severely mentally ill, on record, and just bought some more guns lol. Also, the ATF just last week gave me a license to buy old guns through the mail. haha

The NRA is certainly doing their job. Oh what a country we live in. :patriot:

It's BATFE, because they expanded to include explosives, and ATFE leaves confusion with how to pronounce it, whereas BATFE doesn't.

"Eighty Effee? At fay?"

There's a Georgia guy selling a grenade launcher(for legal, civilian use), if you pay for all the licenses, shipping, and at the superinflated price(because the ghost of Obama can still steal your guns :ninja: ), you can safely and freely defend your home and person.

Unless you live in California, because it's a commie state and nobody who guns anything deals in California, those commies :bahgawd:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mistle posted:

It's BATFE, because they expanded to include explosives, and ATFE leaves confusion with how to pronounce it, whereas BATFE doesn't.

"Eighty Effee? At fay?"

Yeah I noticed that on the website. I'm still used to just saying ATF or BATF. Might be a Waco thing.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
or as the FBI refers to them, the gayTF

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ditty bout my clitty posted:

What about people who get guns because they're afraid of white people?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

What about people who get guns because they're afraid of white people?

Don't be silly. The preferred weapon of white people is the pen and the purse.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

blugu64 posted:

Yeah because they're the ones assaulting congress people at baseball games. Get a haircut and get a job loser.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabrielle_Giffords, dumbshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Blue Raider posted:

angled grips are superior to vertical grips in every way so this checks out

What possible reason would someone need to attach a grip to a loving pistol, other than tacticool mallninja nonsense?

• Locked thread