Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Like the deserts miss the rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

That's the look of a future Super Bowl MVP.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm just going to assume the scoring issues are going to continue to sort themselves out. Worst case scenario we just use my pending standings spreadsheet instead of the site's scoring (the site gives weird scoring for some teams in the standings, but accurate scoring if you click on the team)

If it does sort out, Fantrax is way better than MFL, I can just click and see all the standings for all 60 teams.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
What is the solution for all of the teams without lineups? I feels like it would either advantage people who played them week 1 and would have lost if they are given a lineup after week 1, or people who play them 2x if they are not. I guess you could put in the highest projected points each week (and maybe backfill and recalculate week 1 for fairness), but that seems like a massive pain with the number of teams without lineups. If it was 1-2 teams it could be ignored, but it is 25% of the league. I guess a bright side is that it is relatively evenly spread through each division.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 11, 2019

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Oh yeah. You're looking at the guy with the cheapest Minshew claim to go through.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

What is the solution for all of the teams without lineups? I feels like it would either advantage people who played them week 1 and would have lost if they are given a lineup after week 1, or people who play them 2x if they are not. I guess you could put in the highest projected points each week (and maybe backfill and recalculate week 1 for fairness), but that seems like a massive pain with the number of teams without lineups. If it was 1-2 teams it could be ignored, but it is 25% of the league. I guess a bright side is that it is relatively evenly spread through each division.

A fun thing about the Scott Fish Bowl, and by extension this league, is that people getting easy matchups have a very minimal advantage: Only the top record in the division gets a bye and everything else is determined by total points.

It was super weird that so many people didnt start lineups. That hasnt happened before. I sent a message to the league so hopefully there will he a lot more people competing this week.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Drunk Nerds posted:

A fun thing about the Scott Fish Bowl, and by extension this league, is that people getting easy matchups have a very minimal advantage: Only the top record in the division gets a bye and everything else is determined by total points.

It was super weird that so many people didnt start lineups. That hasnt happened before. I sent a message to the league so hopefully there will he a lot more people competing this week.

Ok, I did not know that was how it was done, I assumed it was normal wins with points as a tie breaker.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I think people may have mistakenly set their lineup in the draft division league instead of the main league.

Did anyone do this?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

I think people may have mistakenly set their lineup in the draft division league instead of the main league.

Did anyone do this?

My 2 non-goon buddies were confused on that. I think they both got them set, but it's believable there might have been.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

Did anyone do this?

I’m pretty sure I did, I thought that’s where we were supposed to set it. Why does it even give you the option then?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

RCarr posted:

I’m pretty sure I did, I thought that’s where we were supposed to set it. Why does it even give you the option then?

Because the main league wouldn’t allow for drafting multiple players across divisions so DN made separate divisions to hold the drafts then manually imported everyone over.

It’s a dummy league now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So do I not get points for week 1? Because if so, there’s no reason to continue.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'll import the starts from the draft leagues and delete them. Everyone who started a team somewhere will get those points

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'll import the starts from the draft leagues and delete them. Everyone who started a team somewhere will get those points

Ok cool thanks

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
:siren:EVERYTHING IS FIXED!:siren:

- People who started a week 1 team in their draft league have all had their scores imported to the main league. Everyone has points!
- Draft leagues have been deleted to prevent further mix-ups
- People are now only playing teams in their own division until the playoffs

BE SURE TO DOUBLE CHECK YOUR WEEK 2 LINEUP, in case you set it in the draft league and not the main one.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Heads up, my lineup was super jacked. Had to bench the whole team, save it , and then set a lineup

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

My fish bowl team is a bit of a mess due to injuries, but I have a better idea on how to draft this league next year

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

pmchem posted:

My fish bowl team is a bit of a mess due to injuries, but I have a better idea on how to draft this league next year

You want the guy who I’m playing against? It appears he didn’t even set his lineup.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Welp, I drafted Cam Newton, Drew Brees and Nick Foles this year. It's been fun. I'll definitely try again next year.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

ChocolatePancake posted:

Welp, I drafted Cam Newton, Drew Brees and Nick Foles this year. It's been fun. I'll definitely try again next year.

Cousins, Brees, and Foles here :smith: :hf: :smith:

e: Got my beautiful boy Minshew though.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
That's rough. I picked up Minshew too, and I'll definitely still set valid lineups the rest of the season, but man, one major injury and it immediately feels like you're out of it completely. Which isn't a surprise I guess.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ChocolatePancake posted:

That's rough. I picked up Minshew too, and I'll definitely still set valid lineups the rest of the season, but man, one major injury and it immediately feels like you're out of it completely. Which isn't a surprise I guess.

I still like my team and have every intention of making the playoffs.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I also mostly ignored the TE position, which is turning out to be a bit of a mistake.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Gobias Ind. posted:

Cousins, Brees, and Foles here :smith: :hf: :smith:

e: Got my beautiful boy Minshew though.

Cam and Luck with Foles as QB3 over here. It's been... wild.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

ChocolatePancake posted:

I also mostly ignored the TE position, which is turning out to be a bit of a mistake.

Could have just drafted Olsen and Dissly late like me. :smug:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Ben Nevis posted:

Could have just drafted Olsen and Dissly late like me. :smug:

Isn't Dissly dead again?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

dkj posted:

Isn't Dissly dead again?

I don't think so? All I know is he got me 50 yards and 2 TDs yesterday.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

TEAM ACAPALDO in Death is has an illegal lineup.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Aren't they in first place? They can absorb a zero

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

No they are 0-2.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Why is it even possible to have an “illegal” lineup? These bootleg fantasy sites are the worst.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
300 points and I forgot to bench James White.

Totally ready for 130 points next week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Welp, starting Minshew and Rudolph at QB this week. Save me Darren Waller.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Gobias Ind. posted:

Welp, starting Minshew and Rudolph at QB this week. Save me Darren Waller.

I'm starting Flacco.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
The overall standings don't appear to work and I was hoping to trash talk someone.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Ben Nevis posted:

The overall standings don't appear to work and I was hoping to trash talk someone.

I have broad shoulders come trash talk me

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
If you click on "combined" you can sort by points scored for all 60 teams

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hey Drunk Nerds, it may have been like this for awhile and I never noticed, but why are some players on waiver until Wednesday who seem like they should be available now or at least by Sunday?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Hey Drunk Nerds, it may have been like this for awhile and I never noticed, but why are some players on waiver until Wednesday who seem like they should be available now or at least by Sunday?

Is it the guys that played last night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Its been that way all year, dropping players you rostered last week kicks them a week ahead for waivers