Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Jesus, the dude is taking this a little too well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

The reason he was in court is interesting: he's being charged with silencing a witness. That guy he shot in the face? The prosecutors claim the guy was talking about the nightclub shooting before he got shot.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/aaron-hernandez-to-be-in-court-on-witness-intimidation-case/33140580

Pekinduck fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 22, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I thought he wasn't even in gen pop, how is he getting into all this trouble?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I thought he wasn't even in gen pop, how is he getting into all this trouble?

he's making his lawyer give him prison tattoos since that's the only other person he ever sees

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He's running out of cash and is having to start liquidating assets.

http://es.pn/1Ll9U53

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

NC-17 posted:

well what does he really need any of his assets for anyway?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Cole posted:

Surely he needs a way to pay the guys smuggling drugs into prison for him

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

NC-17 posted:

Let's start a GoFundMe in the name of Tom Brady to help get him money.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cole posted:

To buy things in prison.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Alain Post posted:

To buy things in prison.

Toilet wine is a lot of cigarettes depending on the vintage

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Alain Post posted:

To buy things in prison.

there are other currencies accepted in prison i'm sure :quagmire:

i mean let's be completely honest. if you're locked up with the worst of the worst for your entire life you're bound to get something up your butt at one time or another.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cole posted:

there are other currencies accepted in prison i'm sure :quagmire:

i mean let's be completely honest. if you're locked up with the worst of the worst for your entire life you're bound to get something up your butt at one time or another.

I hosed Aaron Hernandez. Get on my level, cunts.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I want to see an Oz reboot starring Hernandez

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I think Aaron would look good in a little hat. Or he could become a while supremacist and get pooped on.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Petite Dinklage posted:

I want to see an Oz reboot starring Hernandez

Gotta call it 'Dez', though.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
#FreeHernandez

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lawyer-aaron-hernandez-juror-may-untruthful-194905269--nfl.html

quote:

FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) -- A lawyer for Aaron Hernandez has told a judge he's concerned one of the jurors who convicted the former New England Patriots star tight end of murder may have been ''untruthful'' during jury selection.

In redacted court documents released Monday, lawyer James Sultan says an anonymous tipster first called him April 16, a day after the 12-person jury convicted Hernandez of first-degree murder in the 2013 killing of Odin Lloyd in North Attleborough. Hernandez was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

The name of the juror and the caller is redacted throughout the documents, as are details of what the caller said and what was said during the jury selection process before the trial.

In the papers, Sultan told the judge the female tipster would not give him her last name and called him several times from a blocked number.

During those conversations, one lasting as long as 25 minutes, Sultan said she told him that she recognized the juror from TV and that the juror had been present for a discussion about a Boston double murder case that Hernandez is also charged in. Mention of those killings was barred at trial. Hernandez has pleaded not guilty.

He also said the anonymous caller told him that she heard someone else say the juror had wanted to be seated on the Hernandez panel.

''She told me she does not want (redacted) into trouble, but it is on her conscience that she knows some information which may be important,'' Sultan wrote.

Sultan says if the juror had disclosed knowing about the Boston case during jury selection or had shown an interest in being on the jury, Hernandez's defense team would have asked that the juror be excused.

One juror was dismissed during the trial after the judge said evidence emerged that she had previously discussed the case and had an early interest in being seated on the panel.

Sultan has asked the judge to authorize a subpoena to trace the calls.

The papers were originally filed under seal. Superior Court Judge Susan Garsh on Monday decided to release the filings but partially redacted them to protect the identity of the juror. GateHouse Media, which publishes The Providence Journal and The Herald News of Fall River, had asked last week in court that the documents be unsealed and that the media be given immediate access.

Seems like pretty valid grounds for an appeal for once. Still, that story needs to be verified somehow.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm a robot built by Hernandez and sent back from the year 2055. My job is to infiltrate the jury pool and get Aaron acquitted. When I asked him why he wouldn't rather stop the crime in the first place he said "'Blanks' gotta know how to act right"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
your honor I motion for a mistrial because this person I cannot prove exists made accusations I cannot prove are true

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

swickles posted:

#FreeHernandez

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lawyer-aaron-hernandez-juror-may-untruthful-194905269--nfl.html

Seems like pretty valid grounds for an appeal for once. Still, that story needs to be verified somehow.

Sounds like a lot of hearsay and a lawyer squeezing the turnip.

E beaten like a AH at rec time

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I hope the caller is real and its Hernandez doing a girl voice

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"Your honor, I call our surprise witness to the stand"
*Hernandez puts on fake moustache*

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

According to the caller, the juror reportedly expressed interest in serving on the Jury "so he could totally vote guilty on Aaron Hernandez no matter what in a flagrant disinterest in the evidence which would be a violation of Jury ethics and be grounds for an appeal"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

According to the caller, the juror reportedly expressed interest in serving on the Jury "so he could totally vote guilty on Aaron Hernandez no matter what in a flagrant disinterest in the evidence which would be a violation of Jury ethics and be grounds for an appeal. Go Jets."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:lol:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i'm always confused at how they expect to find jurors who have never heard about the case in trials like this

"hm aaron hernandez, murder? never heard of it, I've been living in a bunker outside of boston for 15 years"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

shiksa posted:

i'm always confused at how they expect to find jurors who have never heard about the case in trials like this

"hm aaron hernandez, murder? never heard of it, I've been living in a bunker outside of boston for 15 years"

It's about forming opinions. I was a foreman ama!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Darth123123 posted:

It's about forming opinions. I was a foreman ama!

How does it feel to have another's fate in your hands?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chichevache posted:

How does it feel to have another's fate in your hands?

22 yo dude went away for longer than he was living. How ya think. Unlike Ah, he's getting out. 2030 I think...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Darth123123 posted:

22 yo dude went away for longer than he was living. How ya think. Unlike Ah, he's getting out. 2030 I think...

:gizz:?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

He didn't play sportsball

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shiksa posted:

Most patriots fans probably can't name a lot of players on the team.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Most patriots fans probably can't name a lot of players on the team.

Confirmed.

"dude, we got brady and gronk."

sometimes they know julian edelman

and then if you bring up any other player they pretend to know them and rave about how good they are

dude at work did this when they re-signed brandon spikes lol

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

Confirmed.

and then if you bring up any other player they pretend to know them and rave about how good they are

maybe ~1/2 of pats fans currently believe Malcolm Butler must be the best defender in the league

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I only know the players that get posted about on TFF. Should I get information from some other source?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Elephanthead posted:

I only know the players that get posted about on TFF. Should I get information from some other source?

Of course not.

Now, poo poo all over Brady like the hive demands.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Thats not a hive mind thats human decency

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Thats not a hive mind thats human decency

hush now, Mel, we don't want people believing that decent ideas are something you can come upon by yourself.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chilichimp posted:

Of course not.

No wonder the giants owned the pats in those 2 bowls, Osi had practiced.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

effectual posted:

No wonder the giants owned the pats in those 2 bowls, Osi had practiced.

Thank god, someone took that set-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ehud posted:

Confirmed.

Dude at work (in australia ffs) jumped on the patriots bandwagon after the superbowl and watching some playoff games. He sure did like Justin Edelman and thinks bob blycheck is a good coach.

• Locked thread