Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Prawn Salad posted:

I still think Creepy White Van is the perfect altmode for Soundwave, and I don't understand why it's never been done before.

There was this concept art

Looks good and is close enough to a van.

e: hell you could change it into that creepy van and still have the same basic transformation

catch22 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

HiriseSoftware posted:

What's so fun about playing with a box van?

Sorry, a skyscraper transformer would be awesome :colbert:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

I want a line of awesome buildings (Empire State, Sydney Opera House, etc.).

Then I want a line of historical transformers (trebuchet, trireme, etc.).

Then I want a crossover of the two (Pyramids, Himeji Castle, etc.).

That is all.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Then I want a crossover of the two (Pyramids, Himeji Castle, etc.).

http://sirtoys.com/toys.php?c=10&p=66&t=Shrine_Warrior_Pyramid.html

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

That poor little guy has been stuck in my sirtoys cart for so long...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Prawn Salad posted:

I still think Creepy White Van is the perfect altmode for Soundwave, and I don't understand why it's never been done before.

I feel like some times they don't do certain alt-modes because of too much kibble, or they'd have to parts form, like the old Ironhide toy had a 30% robot to 70% base kibble ratio, roughly. With how anti-parts forming they've been, it'll probably be awhile before we see another one, short of Bulkhead, and even he was more SUV then Mini-van.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Blackheart posted:

Metroplex is kinda made up of buildings? v:shobon:v

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Nah, he's made up of kinda buildings.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I love to hate Botcon toys, I want thissssss one

https://twitter.com/BotCon/status/451767178287521792/photo/1

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

What happened to their dedication to not using UT molds (which is why that red alert with a missle didn't get made into machine wars soundwave for the machine wars set)

Also wasn't there supposed to be a theme here? Cannonball's the only one part of the pirates/knights theme from what I can tell...

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rita Repulsa posted:

What happened to their dedication to not using UT molds (which is why that red alert with a missle didn't get made into machine wars soundwave for the machine wars set)

Also wasn't there supposed to be a theme here? Cannonball's the only one part of the pirates/knights theme from what I can tell...

Don't forget the #1 Botcon toy theme, whatever the hell we want on our shelf at home.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Energon toys are just so flagrantly ugly.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
"Soooooooooo.... Does a Headmaster Scorponok figure celebrate the 30th anniversary adequately enough?"

No. Especially when that is a literal quote from their PR.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Upside, this should inspire some 3P company to make a sweet Scorp

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Look, I don't like FunPub either, but let's be fair. It totally does.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

strangehamster posted:

Don't forget the #1 Botcon toy theme, whatever the hell we* want on our shelf at home.

*Funpub

It's cute and all but it's going to cost an arm and a leg, especially because anyone selling it will have to offset the cost of being stuck with an otherwise poo poo box set this year. Plus, though it's not really fair to Funpub, it feels like too little too late because:

SpikeMcclane posted:

"Soooooooooo.... Does a Headmaster Scorponok figure celebrate the 30th anniversary adequately enough?"

No. Especially when that is a literal quote from their PR.

I'm pretty sure Metroplex celebrated the 30th Anniversary sufficiently. This is just an old Energon mold (not even the superior Cybertron version with the better tail!) with an admittedly dandy head.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm really hard on FubPub but so far this is one of the best sets they've ever done. I would love to have Devcon and Scorponok. I'm happy with my Cybertron Cannonball and never really wanted another but this one is certainly fine. Yeah Ferak is pretty unexciting but he doesn't look bad per se.

The Pirates vs. Knights theme is extremely loose, and that's a good thing. Rather than taking existing molds and forcing them to be things they don't work as, they finally learned to just redeco molds into things that work for that particular mold, even if it doesn't fit in the theme.

I'm not going to lie... I kind of want this set. :negative: Of course, the big question is, am I going to be willing to pay however much it costs?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I don't get why that Devcon is at all appealing to Devcon fans. If I were a Devcon fan I would want a figure of, you know, Devcon, not an overpriced repaint of Scourge in Devcon's color scheme. At least Scorponok looks like himself, but that much money for an Energon mold is less a celebration of 30 years of Transformers and more an insult to people who wanted something recognizable to more than 0.4% of the fandom.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

I'm pretty sure Metroplex celebrated the 30th Anniversary sufficiently. This is just an old Energon mold (not even the superior Cybertron version with the better tail!) with an admittedly dandy head.

And that is what they should have said (well, no, they probably should have said nothing), instead of their constant insistence that this botcon set is totally a 30th anniversary celebration and constantly being snarky about it. Funpub PR being an example of everything not to do is nothing new.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

I don't get why that Devcon is at all appealing to Devcon fans. If I were a Devcon fan I would want a figure of, you know, Devcon, not an overpriced repaint of Scourge in Devcon's color scheme. At least Scorponok looks like himself, but that much money for an Energon mold is less a celebration of 30 years of Transformers and more an insult to people who wanted something recognizable to more than 0.4% of the fandom.

I'm not really a big Devcon fan to be honest. I just think that Devcon is a good looking toy and the Scourge mold works for the character well. Hell, if they were ever going to repaint Scourge, Devcon was the first thing that would pop into my head. (Although the Ratbat is surprisingly cool and arguably cooler than Scourge.)

That and I think it would just be cool to have a Devcon. Sometimes I like getting those weird little obscure characters like him and Straxus.

gently caress I can't believe I'm defending loving Funpub, what the hell

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

I just think that Devcon is a good looking toy and the Scourge mold works for the character well. Hell, if they were ever going to repaint Scourge, Devcon was the first thing that would pop into my head.

I agree, and if it had a retail release is be all over it, but I just don't get paying 3P prices for a redeco of a Hasbro figure.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

catch22 posted:

I agree, and if it had a retail release is be all over it, but I just don't get paying 3P prices for a redeco of a Hasbro figure.

Yeah, that's often the case for a lot of FunPub releases, tbh. I really like Devcon and Scorponok, but the question is, am I willing to pay however much people are going to charge? They're almost definitely going to cost more than usual on the secondary market because they're the ones everybody wants. If they're going to be $100 a pop it'll be hard as hell to justify them.

Ferak and Cannonball look decent and I would probably pick them up at retail if I saw them, but I don't need them and could certainly live without them.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Pyramidas is better. :colbert:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, that's often the case for a lot of FunPub releases, tbh. I really like Devcon and Scorponok, but the question is, am I willing to pay however much people are going to charge? They're almost definitely going to cost more than usual on the secondary market because they're the ones everybody wants. If they're going to be $100 a pop it'll be hard as hell to justify them.

Ferak and Cannonball look decent and I would probably pick them up at retail if I saw them, but I don't need them and could certainly live without them.

If I buy the box, then get an extra bag you could buy the bag set, keep what you want, and ebay the rest.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

All this love for Devcon (not really from here admittedly) and no-one's ever done a 3rd Party or what-have-you for Snapdragon? A Triplechanging headmaster from robot to Dragon to loving awesome looking jet?

Anyway, once I sat down and figured out PE Warden's instructions Holy poo poo is he the most badass looking robot on my shelf.Like Jesse Ventura in Predator made out of robot.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That's not the first headmaster in 25 years; there were a couple back in Armada.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

SlothfulCobra posted:

That's not the first headmaster in 25 years; there were a couple back in Armada.

Not nebulans/humans, doesn't count.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

There were three bitchin ones from Fansproject over the last couple years. I always think it's funny how the official TF entities try to live in the TFWiki bubble. The fact that Hasbro is overly worried about alienating kids with losable pieces doesn't make Botcon Scorponok the first *anything* in 25 years.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
If nothing else, there's the Minerva from just a couple years ago. Headmaster, human, official, and you could stick her on a Maximus. Speaking of them, there's Brave Max from RiD time. Also off the top of my head, there's the recent Kabaya versions of various headmasters, that Armada/Energon bike with the weird headmasters, and the Energon Omegas. I hope I'm leaving out a bunch, because I don't want to somehow have known all of them.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Overload from Armada was basically a headmaster

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I still agree with Hasbro's "we don't want kids stuck with a headless toy if they lose an accessory" policy in theory, but surely than can find a way to add in a fold-away Spare Head that doesn't look silly,.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Goldskull posted:

All this love for Devcon (not really from here admittedly) and no-one's ever done a 3rd Party or what-have-you for Snapdragon? A Triplechanging headmaster from robot to Dragon to loving awesome looking jet?

Hoping Fansproject gets around to him at some point. He was by far my favorite Headmaster as a kid, even if his dragon mode was more of a dragon suggestion.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

If I buy the box, then get an extra bag you could buy the bag set, keep what you want, and ebay the rest.

I may have to take you up on that. Plus I think Canonball and Ferak look all right, so if I wind up stuck with them I may not be too bent out of shape about it. I may have to see who the last character is, but that Scorponok might just seal the deal.

I'm surprised it's taken so long for them to do that mold up in G1 colors.

When I think about Scorponok, I usually think about the one from the Marvel comics and IDW, neither of which were that big, so an Ultra class G1 Scorponok actually works really well for me. The toy was big and he was huge in Headmasters, but I try to forget about that show.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Found this on Josh Burcham's DA:

edit: Fixed because I'm an idiot.

RaspberryCommie fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 4, 2014

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I ordered a non-ko MP Jaguar and Rumble from some guy from China, and lo to my amazement, it's the genuine deal. I'm popping a bottle of champagne to celebrate.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RaspberryCommie posted:

Found this on Josh Burcham's DA:

http://www.imgur.com/LpyL0wg

edit: For some reason timg tags gave a broken link.

You're trying to image a webpage? Also I love the face, and the clenched fist is good too.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Spiderdrake posted:

You're trying to image a webpage? Also I love the face, and the clenched fist is good too.

Oh my god, I'm dumb.

I'll go fix that.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Yeah, I'm probably going to have to shell out for that Scorponok, I'm a little worried about the head though. It looks like they added a platform for the headmaster to plug into, but that platform's not going to leave enough room for the shoulders to fold up, and if I remember that mold right there's nowhere for the platform to fold away to. If he partforms with a little purple platform that just has to sit on the side while he's in scorpion mode that might be enough to tip me over the not-worth-aftermarket-prices edge that I'm already pretty close to. I wonder if the regular head's still under there?

This is just an old Energon mold (not even the superior Cybertron version with the better tail!) with an admittedly dandy head.
Isn't the only difference that the Cybertron version needs a cyber key to flip out the tail guns?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Knormal posted:

Yeah, I'm probably going to have to shell out for that Scorponok, I'm a little worried about the head though. It looks like they added a platform for the headmaster to plug into, but that platform's not going to leave enough room for the shoulders to fold up, and if I remember that mold right there's nowhere for the platform to fold away to. If he partforms with a little purple platform that just has to sit on the side while he's in scorpion mode that might be enough to tip me over the not-worth-aftermarket-prices edge that I'm already pretty close to. I wonder if the regular head's still under there?

Isn't the only difference that the Cybertron version needs a cyber key to flip out the tail guns?

The platform (like the original head) just folds away into the chest cavity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Scorponok's flat head kind of makes him look like Frankenstein but I am OK with this.