Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Well, Caity Lotz will be playing White Canary, according to CBR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Well, Caity Lotz will be playing White Canary, according to CBR.

Is that an established DC character?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Is that an established DC character?

Yes and no. It's an occasional alternate name/outfit used by Dinah and, I believe, Lady Shiva. Mainly during Simone's run on Birds of Prey.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes, but she only appeared in a single story arc a few years ago and Sara will have nothing to do with the comics character.

the-jam
May 20, 2003

Kick Out the MC5
It seems to me that we're missing a bit of context for the "SuperGIRL" rant. I got the impression that Cat Grant was actually a bit offended by Kara insinuating that girl was offensive because her public persona also includes the word. Like she's the "Media Girl" or some such and that's why she immediately jumps down her throat about it. Since the six minutes of footage we have don't include that context it comes off weird.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Vandal Savage will be the villain on Legends.

Also Legends will air at the same time as the second halves of Flash S2 and Arrow S4. And Sarah will be back via the Lazarus Pits and not time travel.

X-O fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 14, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Also Legends will air at the same time as the second halves of Flash S2 and Arrow S4. And Sarah will be back via the Lazarus Pits and not time travel.

So that's next January then?

I hope Vandal Savage is good, ironically Matt Nable would be a good choice for him!

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

the-jam posted:

It seems to me that we're missing a bit of context for the "SuperGIRL" rant. I got the impression that Cat Grant was actually a bit offended by Kara insinuating that girl was offensive because her public persona also includes the word. Like she's the "Media Girl" or some such and that's why she immediately jumps down her throat about it. Since the six minutes of footage we have don't include that context it comes off weird.

Oh, yeah, if there was some context of her having that name slapped on her and embracing it, I'd be way less pissed about the speech. If the show gives us that then I'm marginally less frustrated by it. The bit insinuating that Kara (and by proxy, the viewing public) is the real problem is still kind of poo poo but it could be a character note that makes sense. Good point.

Nothing can help the "I'm not gay!" joke though. Nothing.

Also, loving that recut trailer. :swoon: There really is a lot of great stuff in that original trailer. I'll at least give the show a shot.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Deadpool posted:

What was all that stuff about 'a villain never done before on TV' then? Didn't Dean Cain play Savage on Smallville?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

zoux posted:

I guess this is actually happening? For some reason I feel like this project was always going to be one of those vaporware shows, but here we are.

The networks are pretty good at ramping up production for new shows these days. It feels like if the cards are right they can crank out a full 10-13 episodes of a new show from casting to pre-production to shooting in like six months, with it premiering a few months later.

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!

Decius posted:

I like the tone, I like the actors. I just don't like the Superwoman - Supergirl speech which just sounds stupid coming out of Calista Flockhart's mouth at her age and the character she seems to play. That's like Clooney calling himself "boy". And the stereotypical Rom-Com female lead job they gave Kara.

Recut trailer is alley.

Yeah it was a little jarring and like someone else mentioned it seemed to be getting in there first to address that potential criticism, and you KNOW that one was going to be coming their way. Personally it feels like something they shouldn't worry about too much, Its just the name of the property always has been and if its not that potential whinge the internet will find one regardless
However as a character I can see why she'd at least try to dispute it give that shes an adult with a fancy job. I imagine Clark would equally be "Why are you calling me Super boy? I'm 28"

the-jam posted:

This would make it seem a little less out of the blue but still feels like more set up to address that than it needs.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Agent_grey posted:

Yeah it was a little jarring and like someone else mentioned it seemed to be getting in there first to address that potential criticism, and you KNOW that one was going to be coming their way. Personally it feels like something they shouldn't worry about too much, Its just the name of the property always has been and if its not that potential whinge the internet will find one regardless
However as a character I can see why she'd at least try to dispute it give that shes an adult with a fancy job. I imagine Clark would equally be "Why are you calling me Super boy? I'm 28"

This would make it seem a little less out of the blue but still feels like more set up to address that than it needs.

It either needs way more justification/set-up than it got, or they need to just ignore it completely, and it looks like they ain't ignoring it. :negative:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is this a case where people can't distinguish between a character saying something and the creators endorsing that opinion.

Maybe we're not supposed to agree with the cold, cruel, calculating evil boss character guys.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

Is this a case where people can't distinguish between a character saying something and the creators endorsing that opinion.

Maybe we're not supposed to agree with the cold, cruel, calculating evil boss character guys.

Next scene will be Grant saying to herself "I can't believe she bought into that bullshit".

Anyway, last night Arrow had a pretty boss fight scene but whoever called Starling City the Gotham of the TV universe was right. First an earthquake, then an invasion of roided up thugs, and finally a biochemical attack.
I also found the first 10 or so minutes to be jarring. Just like the Arrow cameo in Flash, the Flash cameo in Arrow technically works, but the whole "yea I'll leave Ollie to deal with a loving biochemical attack because I got to interrogate my prisoner now" felt really pointless.
I did like the ending though, and will be curious to see how it goes for the next season. Finally, for some reason I am really hoping that The Question is introduced sometime next season. Don't know why but I think the character would be perfect for the Arrowverse.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Legends of Tomorrow trailer

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SO. MUCH. HYPE.

:flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Scyantific posted:

SO. MUCH. HYPE.

Scyantific posted:

SO. MUCH. HYPE.

Scyantific posted:

SO. MUCH. HYPE.

Scyantific posted:

SO. MUCH. HYPE.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

CW could make a hundred of these shows; I'd watch every one.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CBS should probably take a cue from whoever does the promos for CW because I've yet to see one that didn't get me hype af.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
So do Flash and GA just show up every once and awhile, or are they co-starring alongside their regular shows?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I know basically nothing about these shows but why is The Atom just Iron Man with Ant-Man powers?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The showrunners are saying the first half of next season on Arrow and Flash will lead directly into the events of Legends, and the second half of the season will air at the same time as Legends.

So my guess is: catastrophic events (maybe starting with Arrow and Flash's season finales) lead to Arrow calling for some kind of Super Best Friends group to defend stuff together. Then on Flash and Arrow their own big bad's either work alongside Legends big bad, or are so dangerous they demand each show's hero to devote a large enough time on them that will prevent them from being in certain Legends episodes.
Alternatively, the second half of Flash and Arrow is just an extended crossover arc with Legends in the mix as well.

Hakkesshu posted:

I know basically nothing about these shows but why is The Atom just Iron Man with Ant-Man powers?
Atom was created a year before Ant-Man and was pretty much just a dude in a shrinking suit. It made sense in Arrowverse for Atom to build a super suit first and then figure out how to minimize later so that's why he was a poor man's Iron Man for much of the season.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 14, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

The showrunners are saying the first half of next season on Arrow and Flash will lead directly into the events of Legends, and the second half of the season will air at the same time as Legends.

So my guess is: catastrophic events (maybe starting with Arrow and Flash's season finales) lead to Arrow calling for some kind of Super Best Friends group to defend stuff together. Then on Flash and Arrow their own big bad's either work alongside Legends big bad, or are so dangerous they demand each show's hero to devote a large enough time on them that will prevent them from being in certain Legends episodes.
Alternatively, the second half of Flash and Arrow is just an extended crossover arc with Legends in the mix as well.

OR you could watch the trailer which directly talks about why they form the team.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

zoux posted:

OR you could watch the trailer which directly talks about why they form the team.

Sorry I should have left off the why they formed the group, but I was trying to answer his question about Flash and Arrow being on 2-3 shows at once.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Most likely the first half of Arrow and Flash will deal with Vandal Savage with Barry and Ollie getting spanked quite hard. Enter Rip Hunter (who is English now) and the formation of the team. Pretty much set up in the trailer quite well.
I got to laugh though at Captain Cold being in the team, seeing as the last time Barry trusted him for help it didn't go too well.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Hakkesshu posted:

I will never be able to get into this show because every time I see "Atom" and it's not Blue Beetle, I black out with frustration.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Jagermonster posted:

I will never be able to get into this show because every time I see "Atom" and it's not Blue Beetle, I black out with frustration.

At least the Atom actually shrinks now, instead of being an Iron Man rip-off. It will be quite funny if he starts a great friendship with Rip Hunter to mirror the Blue Beetle/Booster Gold friendship.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Madkal posted:

At least the Atom actually shrinks now, instead of being an Iron Man rip-off. It will be quite funny if he starts a great friendship with Rip Hunter to mirror the Blue Beetle/Booster Gold friendship.

Yeah, also, why not Booster? That would add another dimension to the character when the Legends discover Booster is a fraud who just stole tech to come back and warn/form them, but his heart is in the right place.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

Sorry I should have left off the why they formed the group, but I was trying to answer his question about Flash and Arrow being on 2-3 shows at once.

Oh, well that's because crossovers own, friend.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

zoux posted:

Oh, well that's because crossovers own, friend.

I'm with you there.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Hahaha, Rory is literally a Time Lord Master.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

What's nice about having Legends come in mid-season is that it means we can get at least one, and maybe more, episodes of the full Rogues going up against the Flash before Cold and Heatwave vanish into the time stream.

Wow, that's pretty well done. The tiny Atom running around at the end was a little wonky, and they seem to be going out of their way to keep Robbie Amell off-screen, so I wonder if he's getting replaced as part of Firestorm. Still, good trailer.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I wish they were doing it as a hiatus-filler. :smith: Looks real good. And suddenly, I don't really give a poo poo about how Caity Lotz is coming back, her character looks fun and that's all that matters.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

jng2058 posted:

Wow, that's pretty well done. The tiny Atom running around at the end was a little wonky, and they seem to be going out of their way to keep Robbie Amell off-screen, so I wonder if he's getting replaced as part of Firestorm. Still, good trailer.

I hope so. The team is lacking a bit in diversity and Jason Rusch as Firestorm would be awesome.

This won't happen

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Madkal posted:

I hope so. The team is lacking a bit in diversity and Jason Rusch as Firestorm would be awesome.

This won't happen

The only actor announced that wasn't in that trailer is probably going to be the other half of Firestorm. But he won't be Rusch since we've already seen Rusch on the show and it's not that actor.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Deadpool posted:

The only actor announced that wasn't in that trailer is probably going to be the other half of Firestorm. But he won't be Rusch since we've already seen Rusch on the show and it's not that actor.

Which actor by chance?

Also, has CW or the Flash production crew stated they don't have plans to re-use Jason Rusch in Legends? They casted Luc Roderique who's been on a couple CW shows (the 100, iZombie) already so I could see them re-using him but just keeping it under wraps for now.

Edit: Looked up the show on IMDB. Deadpool, are you talking about the character Jay Jackson and his actor?

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 14, 2015

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MacheteZombie posted:

Edit: Looked up the show on IMDB. Deadpool, are you talking about the character Jay Jackson and his actor?

Yes. They were very careful to hide Firestorm's face and that actor is the only other main actor listed for the series and he didn't appear at all in the trailer. Plus it's not an established comic character.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah I can see that, I just can't decide if he's going to be "not-Cyborg" or not though. The backstory details they've released about that character sound so similar to Cyborg's.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Any show willing to let Wentworth Miller just ham it up every second he's on screen is ok with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't think DC would let them use real Cyborg because apparently he's supposed to be a big deal in their movies.