Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

VendaGoat posted:

:stare:
That is amazing.

Yeah photoshop is a hell of a thing.

I can never tell if this is really great prosthetic work or something anyone could fart out in an hour with some toilet paper and spirit gum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

mind the walrus posted:

I can never tell if this is really great prosthetic work or something anyone could fart out in an hour with some toilet paper and spirit gum.

That could all be done pretty quickly with liquid latex. The most time consuming thing would be drying time between layers.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

It's blended well and the lighting helps quite a bit. The bra is molded foam, so that took awhile.

The worst bit I can find is that the bald cap falls apart around the ear and Larry and Barry could use some shading on their tops.

It's longer than an hour. Maybe three.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hell yeah. Spider Gwen is a great goddamn design.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Inzombiac posted:

Hell yeah. Spider Gwen is a great goddamn design.

Apart from the dumb hood. I don't care how good your drat spider-sense is, don't cut off your peripheral vision!

(E: I should add that the cosplay is good, it's the original design that is flawed.)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bump for the redheads.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The best part of the Spider Gwen design is how loving comfy it looks.

God-drat built-in Chucks.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
You can in fact make a cool looking superherione costume without hooker heels or exposed skin. :monocle:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Klaus88 posted:

You can in fact make a cool looking superherione costume without hooker heels or exposed skin. :monocle:

Harumph! Harumph, Harumph, Harumph!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Klaus88 posted:

Still, pretty sexy.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

I feel like this one had to be photoshopped to be worksafe.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

*Clicks Inverse Clothing Option*

Well, that looks correct!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

veedubfreak posted:

I feel like this one had to be photoshopped to be worksafe.

I would photoshop her muddy lovely body paint to look less like grease paint applied by a blind armless 3 year old and more like proper tattoos. Still that is a good Jack from Mass Efect 3 (minus tattoos ofc).

Still holds no candle to her EDGIER appearance in Mass Effect 2

Look at that boob strap boi :eyepop:

Bonus jack cosplayers with better tattoos:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Is that a body suit though? Probably safer than a simple strap over your boobs.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

LingcodKilla posted:

Is that a body suit though? Probably safer than a simple strap over your boobs.
Based on the wrinkles on the inside of her right elbow I'm going to say up to that part is a sleeve.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
It's a body suit. Check the stomach and shoulder. You can see the wrinkles and folds.

Still looks cool.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The one above that is a bodysuit too, you can see a wrinkle in the fabric around her right collar and she has no belly button.

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

King Vidiot posted:

The one above that is a bodysuit too, you can see a wrinkle in the fabric around her right collar and she has no belly button.

The lack of a belly button indicates that she's a clone.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
No, clones have little dots on their eyes. It's your genes that decide if you have an outty or an inny

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Illegal Hen
Okay, that's pretty darn awesome. Really dig the old-shook Alita look too.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Sechs(?, Been a while since I read Last Order) even has that little telepresence doll up on their shoulder.

Nice.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

drat, Trevor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfg6_asAqHY

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

If that's a body suit why can I see her nipples?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

rodbeard posted:

If that's a body suit why can I see her nipples?

Probably because the only purpose of it is so that she doesn't have to draw tats on her skin and its not very thick or opaque

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Yeah or that nipple is just painted on the bodysuit with the tattoo pattern. The character has visible nips in that outfit, so the bodysuit probably just has painted on nips to match it. I think people just really want to believe they're seeing nipples where there are none.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm surprised the Goren from Blizzcon didn't make it in here. A friend of mine made it. She got an honorable mention in the contest but I really think she deserved more. She was the Arakkoa at last year's con.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

That's adorable!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Transmogrifier posted:

I'm surprised the Goren from Blizzcon didn't make it in here. A friend of mine made it. She got an honorable mention in the contest but I really think she deserved more. She was the Arakkoa at last year's con.

Are both pics the costume, or is the first one a render?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Aleph Null posted:

Proper lighting is an amazing thing, isn't it?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The lack of nipples is concerning.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Aleph Null posted:

VendaGoat posted:

Proper lighting is an amazing thing, isn't it?

VendaGoat is correct: it's just proper lighting. That first picture is one that's taken backstage at the costume contest so it's done with professionals.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Transmogrifier posted:

Honorable mention at Blizzcon is loving stellar IMO, this is just my opinion but I think it is probably the most consistently competitive contest in the country. She should be super proud of herself, that costume turned out awesome and if it were me I'd probably weigh honorable mention at Blizzcon over most of the other prizes I've won.

I mean, really:

Papa Cosplay there with grand prize this year made that entire thing out of hand-tooled leather. At the level of quality people bring it's almost arbitrary who wins, it's all so good.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I assume this guy doesn't have a 9-5 job. That had to be hundreds of hours of work.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
To be clear that's just my opinion, not necessarily hers. It comes from a position of I wish people who made the effort to step out of the norm of what we see every year (Judgment Paladins, Demon Hunters, etc.) and do a really good effort got a little more recognition for it, that's all. I'm not trying to say the people who won did bad because they didn't. I just like to, personally, see more variety. I do know there was some people a little upset about how the judging was handled this year because they apparently got celebrity judges or something, people who weren't really familiar with the whole thing so it took away from it? I don't know, it's just what I heard. I'm also not raging mad or anything about it either.

I do know she is proud of herself. She worked insanely hard on the costume, and it got a lot of compliments.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

I assume this guy doesn't have a 9-5 job. That had to be hundreds of hours of work.

Cosplay is life.

And boobs....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

veedubfreak posted:

He's an electrical engineer. Cosplay is a hobby, as it is for most people who do it.

I met him last year backstage. He won Gamescon 2014, and won tickets to bring his costume to Blizzcon last year.

Transmogrifier posted:

I do know there was some people a little upset about how the judging was handled this year because they apparently got celebrity judges or something, people who weren't really familiar with the whole thing so it took away from it?

Jessica Dru is a Blizzard employee, and they got a dude from Face Off. Who was the third one?

Reformed Tomboy has a new favorite as of 18:18 on Dec 4, 2015

• Locked thread