Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

prompt
Oct 28, 2007

eh?
Mega Donki in Shibuya has a machine near the main entrance that converts coins to bills and/or suica. I haven’t tried it so not sure of the % fee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

prompt posted:

Mega Donki in Shibuya has a machine near the main entrance that converts coins to bills and/or suica. I haven’t tried it so not sure of the % fee.
I'm happy to pay a fee to get rid of these coins. I'll make sure to check it out since no doubt I'll be visiting Mega Donki anyway - thanks!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Throw 1 yens into a temple/shrine collection box.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
send 1 yen coins to me

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smeKmKqFAjo

Japan absolutely thrashed Iran to go to the 2019 AFC Asian Cup Finals. that's cool and good. Iran is actually pretty good so to win 3-0 is really good. the Fifa world rankings last month had Iran 29th and Japan 50th. they will play the winner of the Qatar/UAE game that's later today, after Qatar surprisingly beat South Korea, and UAE surprisingly beat Australia last round.

Japan will be playing for their AFC-leading 5th possible championship. go Japan!!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The FIFA rankings are trash, but yeah, Japan going for another title is still good stuff.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Alright I'll be in tokyo tomorrow then Kyoto then Hiroshima - three weeks all up

Where to eat? Anything and everything :D

Earlier someone said a tonkatsu place but yakitori, sushi, ramen, soba, okonomiyaki, teriyaki and sunomono

Or anything else

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
You're going to have to narrow it down from "Tokyo" if you want real recommendations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Junior in Hiroshima

広島県広島市中区立町
3-21 1F〜2F

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

sale on Banksy art posted:

You're going to have to narrow it down from "Tokyo" if you want real recommendations.

Sorry I'm from Sydney I'm not used to a megaopolis ummm Shinjuku shibuya adachi yoshikawa

Edit: nakano

Lid fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 1, 2019

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Lid posted:

adachi

Saizeriya

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And Minato

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Sunomono is pickles/vegetables flavored with vinegar. You'll get plenty of those without asking.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah that’s a general side dish. It’s like asking for coleslaw.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Japan :(

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Japan!

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Japan?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Japan~

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
日本~

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
大日本帝国

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

:japan:⚽️

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I guess I'm happy for Qatar, and their first and second goals were sick so you just tip your hat to them

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Great Autismo! posted:

I guess I'm happy for Qatar, and their first and second goals were sick so you just tip your hat to them

just really uninspired play all around from Japan. good bit disappointing, and also the first time they've been to an Asian Cup final and lost it.

the second goal was hard to stop but the keeper (and defense) should've been better on the first.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Got here and downed a tonne of yakitori in Shinjuku. It's such a nice temperature here compared to Australia where two days ago it was literally 40 Celsius. I do apparently suck at that by habit I point at things which I am now way self conscious about.

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010
Currently on my way to Japan. I'm learning that I suck at sleeping on the plane.

EDIT: The lady in the window seat who randomly decides to open her window to gaze at the blinding white abyss that is the cloud cover under us is not helping the situation.

captkirk fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 3, 2019

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

captkirk posted:

Currently on my way to Japan. I'm learning that I suck at sleeping on the plane.

Next time bring melatonin

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

captkirk posted:

You're supposed to drink until you sleep.

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010

Not a Children posted:

Next time bring melatonin

It's in my checked luggage :-/ Lesson learned.

EDIT:

Stringent posted:

You're supposed to drink until you sleep.

If hangovers weren't so miserable while traveling I'd be poo poo faced right now.

captkirk fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 3, 2019

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
The liter+ of water you drink alongside keeps you from getting a hangover.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
incredible as it sounds, I've learned that the Japan goons drink far more than the china goons, which, uh, I guess that's cool and good, but maybe it's not? I actually don't know how I feel about it. it's kind of a mindfuck tbh

but yeah just do what the Japan goons tell you to do, the worst thing that will happen is that you end up drunk in Japan, which is like, actually really good.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I'm staying next to Higashi-nakano station so now I know where I am roughly.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Booked my tickets for Jul 13-29.

Leaving on the Monday Fuji Rock ends but it's a 6 pm flight. Anyone who wants to come to Fuji Rock, let me know. Lineup coming next week (1st round).

Still considering whether to do Tohoku or Shikoku.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

The Great Autismo! posted:

incredible as it sounds, I've learned that the Japan goons drink far more than the china goons, which, uh, I guess that's cool and good, but maybe it's not? I actually don't know how I feel about it. it's kind of a mindfuck tbh

but yeah just do what the Japan goons tell you to do, the worst thing that will happen is that you end up drunk in Japan, which is like, actually really good.

you drink like a fish tho

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Stringent posted:

you drink like a fish tho

1) I’m not longer a china goon
2) I haven’t had a drink in four days

?

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Whoa four whole days

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010
Getting on a domestic flight with JetStar I don't know if I bungled my way through security or if security here is just crazy lax in comparison with the TSA.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

captkirk posted:

Getting on a domestic flight with JetStar I don't know if I bungled my way through security or if security here is just crazy lax in comparison with the TSA.

It’s domestic so nobody cares much.

Also the TSA is real bad.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

LimburgLimbo posted:

Whoa four whole days

I mean four days implies not a fish

a friendly reminder that you spent more money in a single night than I spent in an entire month on alcohol

this is a Japan goons issue. don't toss this on to me. you figure it out. I don't care either way. but don't put this on me

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

captkirk posted:

Domestic security especially is much much much more reasonable, and eye-opening if your only experience is flying in the US post 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What’s the recommended source for temporary SIM cards and data plans again? Geek, I think? I’m figuring that we’ll end up relying on Google Maps a lot so a data plan might be worth it. I have an iPhone tho and I’ll be hosed if I know how to change SIM cards in one of these.

EDIT: Looks like Klook can handle it for us. Does that one coupon still work, caberham?

Also, is NEX good for going from Narita to Tokyo, or is there a better option?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 3, 2019