Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Renown 2 level 9 on my Kensei. Not too long now until I'll be the prettiest princess at the samurai ball :swoon:

Also up to 11000 steel just playing the game and doing daily objectives, not too long now until I'll have the 15000 for the cherry blossom outfit with the sick hydra helmet.

Not like you really need steel for packs until you hit renown 3 anyways. There's one execution I really want though, which i'll save up for next.

Pearnicious posted:

That, and revenge stats on gear need to just go away entirely. It just turns into a nonstop revenge mode fuckfest. If your gear score is too low, you might as well be one of the dumb soldiers in zone B getting repeatedly owned by a super saiyan.

Yamcha'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Hydras are so last year. It's all about the golden crabs now. Congrats on almost hitting 3 though.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Xeremides posted:

Gear should actually make you worse. High fashion has its price.

I don't think that I've ever agreed with anything more than I agree with this statement. The more garish the outfit, the more negatives it has, killing people as the prettiest most delicate princess would be amazing.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Yamcha is a pre-patch Valkyrie with no gear and a lovely, worn-out Madcatz controller.

He got killed by a saibaman. :cripes:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Zaphod42 posted:

Also up to 11000 steel just playing the game and doing daily objectives, not too long now until I'll have the 15000 for the cherry blossom outfit with the sick hydra helmet.

Not like you really need steel for packs until you hit renown 3 anyways. There's one execution I really want though, which i'll save up for next.

Same, but with Lawbringer. Having the fancy mythic outfit isn't going to mean anything if I don't have the impale execution as well.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i was playing on my freshly prestige 1 Conqueror last night and out of the loot drops from one game i got a level 7 shield. It had a massive amount of revenge gain by injury and blocking BY DEFAULT. The only downside was a lot less stamina reduction but who the gently caress cares.

I mean people can (validly) complain that people stacking revenge gear is a problem but really it seems the gear just comes prefucked in it's own right.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the way that bash attacks function in this game is gonna keep me from playing it long term unless something is changed. i'm at the point where i think every class with a bash is better than those without because it is the only surefire safe way to beat good players who can block,

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Tried to create a Pennsylvania Uber Alles crest:

Got it mostly right, but I'm not happy with the coat of arms. I'd replace it with a keystone if I knew how to make it out of two layers.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
What's the timing on successfully dodging Viking attacks? Both the warlord and the berserker have these jump attacks that seem to track me even if I try a side dodge.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Same, but with Lawbringer. Having the fancy mythic outfit isn't going to mean anything if I don't have the impale execution as well.

Yeah I want the "insert new spine" Kensei execution :)

It feels like a Mortal Kombat fatality. Even moreso than the normal executions.

(I'm glad we don't have to do hidden button combos to pull off executions btw)

Pearnicious posted:

Yamcha is a pre-patch Valkyrie with no gear and a lovely, worn-out Madcatz controller.

He got killed by a saibaman. :cripes:

I once got cocky after killing a player in dominion and being left with like no health, I went to kill some mooks and ended up getting killed by them.

That's the true Yamcha.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

slap me and kiss me posted:

What's the timing on successfully dodging Viking attacks? Both the warlord and the berserker have these jump attacks that seem to track me even if I try a side dodge.

They're pretty easy to parry so just do that instead. If you're a Warden, Crushing Counter is even better.

After you parry, do a guaranteed guardbreak and then whatever your class does when they get a GB. Probably throw them off a ledge.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Trillhouse posted:

They're pretty easy to parry so just do that instead. If you're a Warden, Crushing Counter is even better.

After you parry, do a guaranteed guardbreak and then whatever your class does when they get a GB. Probably throw them off a ledge.

Playing as peacekeeper, I don't have a parry. Valk is causing me the same trouble. It's just spear everywhere no matter where I dodge.

e - I mean that I don't, even though the game does have the capability to let me parry

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Everyone can parry. Then get your guaranteed GB and triple stab. Or throw them off a ledge if you're really close to one.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
My friend got called a bitch last night because he had the gall the use his self heal during a 1v3 fight, which he won.

People that play this game are weird.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

slap me and kiss me posted:

Playing as peacekeeper, I don't have a parry. Valk is causing me the same trouble. It's just spear everywhere no matter where I dodge.

e - I mean that I don't, even though the game does have the capability to let me parry

If you dodge to... Dodge, you will always avoid the spear and counter for damage.

If you spam a to approach.... Why?

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Raider! What is best in life?

"To crush your enemies, to see them ragequit before you, and to hear the lamentations of their teammates."

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Double Monocle posted:

If you dodge to... Dodge, you will always avoid the spear and counter for damage.

If you spam a to approach.... Why?

Easy answer - because I am a scrub.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Poked into Galahad's stream and he apparently discovered that the game sounds... interesting... with music and sound fx disabled, leaving only the voices.

The grunting.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Indecisive posted:

Poked into Galahad's stream and he apparently discovered that the game sounds... interesting... with music and sound fx disabled, leaving only the voices.

The grunting.

If you heard the exhausted Peacekeeper sounds with a blindfold on, your first thought probably wouldn't be "tired out fighter"

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Ignoring character balance, things I'd like to see in the next patch:

- This unlocking during a attack bug for double shugoki damage/unblockable hits, if a character is weak without it give them a buff but they shouldn't need to use that.
- A 4vs4 queue with gear disabled, I'd like to be able to play something with 3 or more friends who don't play enough to hit rep 3 on anything without them being trashed by invisible numbers.
- Assassins not being able to stand up while knocked back without stamina because they jiggled their guard enough.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Ignoring character balance, things I'd like to see in the next patch:

- This unlocking during a attack bug for double shugoki damage/unblockable hits, if a character is weak without it give them a buff but they shouldn't need to use that.
- A 4vs4 queue with gear disabled, I'd like to be able to play something with 3 or more friends who don't play enough to hit rep 3 on anything without them being trashed by invisible numbers.
- Assassins not being able to stand up while knocked back without stamina because they jiggled their guard enough.

- No more daily quests against AI opponents. Stop wasting my time.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Why do these even exist? What percentage of people play primarily vs. AI to justify it?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

imperialparadox posted:

Why do these even exist? What percentage of people play primarily vs. AI to justify it?

To make it look like they're being more generous than they are.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pearnicious posted:

Same, but too many people would freak the gently caress out at being denied the gear they worked for.

people will still play regardless. for gently caress's sake Destiny reworked its entire loving economy like 3 times and people still blindly played that piece of poo poo for 3 years

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Eh? Orders vs the AI are the best. No loading times, no quitters, just go and kick rear end.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

That too, should just let you complete it against either AI or players.

The AI isn't good enough to tell it's being lured to be knocked off a cliff in this game, don't force the daily min/maxers to play against them.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Yeah I love the vs AI orders :shobon:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah I love the vs AI orders :shobon:

Ditto, easy money.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Det_no posted:

Eh? Orders vs the AI are the best. No loading times, no quitters, just go and kick rear end.

They're easy to complete, but running over to a ledge, waiting for the bot to follow you, then throwing them off isn't exactly the most rewarding gameplay.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Pearnicious posted:

:cripes: I literally have no idea how it could be made easier to understand. Just...wow.

If it didn't work the first 13 times, just try it again. Surely 14th time's the charm.

Duel and Brawl are in the same category, stop being an rear end or I'll challenge you to a 1v1 and get you put on 1 day probation, scrub. I got those 13 kills just from two games, and the first game was me killing them via light attacks. The next game I did executions.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So someone said something about not opening boxes (or crates or something) until you are prestiged? How does that work? I've got a few crates from just doing the campaign but I haven't opened them.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

So someone said something about not opening boxes (or crates or something) until you are prestiged? How does that work? I've got a few crates from just doing the campaign but I haven't opened them.

Don't touch crates til Prestige 3, else you're loving yourself over. Highest tier gear isn't available until you hit Prestige 3, so opening crates before that means you're wasting a decent crate on potentially shitter items.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

cams posted:

the way that bash attacks function in this game is gonna keep me from playing it long term unless something is changed. i'm at the point where i think every class with a bash is better than those without because it is the only surefire safe way to beat good players who can block,

Yeah bash attacks are, outside of bugs, the biggest issue this game has. It's not exactly a coincidence that the top 4 classes have bashes. The tracking on bashes is really what makes them overpowered and the fact that it's really easy to combo guarantees off of them and chain back into the bash to repeat.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Loopoo posted:

Don't touch crates til Prestige 3, else you're loving yourself over. Highest tier gear isn't available until you hit Prestige 3, so opening crates before that means you're wasting a decent crate on potentially shitter items.

I thought prestige levels were linked to individual classes? Or do you have class levels and an account level?

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I thought prestige levels were linked to individual classes? Or do you have class levels and an account level?
The former is what he's saying. Don't use the crates until you hit P3 with whatever hero you want. You scavenge gear for individual heroes from the hero menu. A crate essentially just removes the 500 steel cost to doing a premium gear scavenge for whoever you want.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

The former is what he's saying. Don't use the crates until you hit P3 with whatever hero you want. You scavenge gear for individual heroes from the hero menu. A crate essentially just removes the 500 steel cost to doing a premium gear scavenge for whoever you want.

I think the crate gives you an extra guaranteed premium drop, but yeah, more or less.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Just balled so hard the servers messed up. So bad that i had to alt+f4 because quit to desktop didnt work.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

So I picked lawbringer, thought the game was poo poo because lawbringer is abject garbage. Then I switched to conquerer and now I am smiting motherfuckers left and right and using my PRO LAWBRINGER SKILLS to push motherfuckers off the map to boot. :toot:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Drone_Fragger posted:

So I picked lawbringer, thought the game was poo poo because lawbringer is abject garbage. Then I switched to conquerer and now I am smiting motherfuckers left and right and using my PRO LAWBRINGER SKILLS to push motherfuckers off the map to boot. :toot:

Me but the opposite. I started Conq, decided to try the less played classes, mained Lawbringer for a while then Raider and felt frustrated about the game. Then switched back to Conq and now the game feels easy as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Finished prestiging zerk, on to Raider :suicide: